Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The main thing is keeping the main thing, the main thing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

dazza21ie wrote: »
    Best of luck tomorrow AMK, hope it all goes well and you can enjoy the "main thing".

Pssst RK
    Blockic: 2:58:08, Claralara: 2:57:31 go on you know you want to :D:D

:)
    5 secs faster than Gavlor will do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Best of British old boy

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Make it so AMK!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Best of luck tomorrow, not that you really need it.

If one wanted to track AMK tomorrow, there is a live tracker here

Now if only I could somehow figure out his real life name......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Best of luck tomorrow, not that you really need it.

If one wanted to track AMK tomorrow, there is a live tracker here

Now if only I could somehow figure out his real life name......;)

I tried RunningKing, AuldManKing, RK and AMK and none of them worked. Looks like the fecker has changed his name again.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Cleanman wrote: »
    I tried RunningKing, AuldManKing, RK and AMK and none of them worked. Looks like the fecker has changed his name again.:p

You forgot his original username. That might work ;)

Lads the support on here is unreal. Seriously unreal.
    If only I was this popular in real life :)

KU thanks for posting the live tracker.
    For my FB friends on here, there'll be a FB tracker on my timeline too.

Thanks for the support, really means a hell of a lot to me and will mean I have no option but to hit the target or face ridicule of Gavlor type proportions.
    If I'm looking like I'll miss sub 3 by a few seconds, I'll be hanging around just before the finish line for 10-15 mins ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Good luck on you're really long jog! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Lads the support on here is unreal. Seriously unreal.
    If only I was this popular in real life :)

KU thanks for posting the live tracker.
    For my FB friends on here, there'll be a FB tracker on my timeline too.

Thanks for the support, really means a hell of a lot to me and will mean I have no option but to hit the target or face ridicule of Gavlor type proportions.
    If I'm looking like I'll miss sub 3 by a few seconds, I'll be hanging around just before the finish line for 10-15 mins ;)

sure i suppose that'd still be a pb for ya ;)

remember.... RELAX!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

You will not. If you don't have a faster PB than me by this time tomorrow I will be having a quiet word with your sports therapist and will have her flog you from now till your next attempt (and not the good kinda flogging ;) )

• Advertisement

ecoli wrote: »
    You will not. If you don't have a faster PB than me by this time tomorrow I will be having a quiet word with your sports therapist and will have her flog you from now till your next attempt (and not the good kinda flogging ;) )

Haha, she was saying she was on a course with you recently ;)

Haha, she was saying she was on a course with you recently ;)

Indeed, so you know that my last comment wasn't an empty thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

Good luck, waterproof socks and you'll have it cracked. Looking forward to the mega-report to go with the mega training:)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

42:47 at 10km, good man!

1:29:20 for the half, iron discipline!

2:15:56 at 20M, just noticed all the action is over here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89802269#post89802269

Bit of a twinge in the hamstring at 22 but Was on 6:48 pace till mile 24, then All going well til 25 miles.
    Sniper took a shot and hit me in the hammys and the calf. Got me again about half a mile later.
    3 hour pacer past me with about 800 to go, I thought it was more. Stopped to stretch and could only jog from there.
    Couldn't believe it when I seen the time, thought it was gone by 1-2 mins.

Lads, obviously disappointed by 37 seconds, but it's a 23 min PB for me and my 3rd marathon. It's all about experience and I got lots on this training cycle. Bigger and better things ahead.

3:00:36

Report to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Brilliant stuff AMK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Bit of a twinge in the hamstring at 33 but Was on 6:48 pace till mile 24, then All going well til 25 miles.
    Sniper took a shot and hit me in the hammys and the calf. Got me again about half a mile later.
    3 hour pacer past me with about 800 to go, I thought it was more. Stopped to stretch and could only jog from there.

Lads, obviously disappointed by 37 seconds, but it's a 23 min PB for me and my 3rd marathon. It's all about experience and I got lots on this training cycle. Bigger and better things ahead.

Report to follow.

Super performance A . We'll done. Undoubtedly better to see from you yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

but it's a 23 min PB for me and my 3rd marathon. It's all about experience and I got lots on this training cycle. Bigger and better things ahead.

Think thats the "main thing" today, a 23min pb in your 3rd marathon is fantastic running. Well done again sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Fantastic run either way. Congrats !

Any guesses on who''ll be 1st with the "too soon" gags ? ðŸ˜႒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Bit of a twinge in the hamstring at 22 but Was on 6:48 pace till mile 24, then All going well til 25 miles.

Report to follow.

Super running, congrats! Lots more to come from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

26 odd miles at sub 7 min pace. Sure sub 3 is an arbitrary number ;) great PB well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Any guesses on who''ll be 1st with the "too soon" gags ? ðŸ˜႒

Man, it's even too soon for me!

Ps was ecoli pacing today ;)

Great run AK. I know it might be disappointment not to hit the sub 3 (as tRR says and arbitrary number) but its good to see you are following in my foot steps. Why break 3 when you can claim a huge PB and then smash it next time round. Enjoy the fruits of your labour. Any day you can PB by 24 min is a hell of a run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Why break 3 when you can claim a huge PB and then smash it next time round.

Or in your case, the next time after the next time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Amazing running AMK, a 3 hour marathoner now eh, cool! Enjoy the celebrations :D

Great run AK. I know it might be disappointment not to hit the sub 3 (as tRR says and arbitrary number) but its good to see you are following in my foot steps. Why break 3 when you can claim a huge PB and then smash it next time round. Enjoy the fruits of your labour. Any day you can PB by 24 min is a hell of a run.

Sorry I should have said its an arbitrary time unless you are the 3 hour pacer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

Great run & great attitude - well done on a huge PB.

All the cool kids run 3:00:xx - it's more of a story too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

Super attitude. Guesses on who hired the sniper? :)

Advertisement