Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The main thing is keeping the main thing, the main thing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Solid running, well done. Your race report is eerily similar to my last 10k. Without doubt the marathon is still in the legs. Reading your report and splits there are only positives to take from today, no negatives. 35:xx is on the cards this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

You can say that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

tang1 wrote: »
    Nice to meet you again today, well done on the PB and top ten even though its not what you set out to achieve. A PB is a PB not matter how you look at it. I thing your right regarding the quality of field in the race. If it was more competitive you would have had other people to work with which would have made it easier to get the time you wanted. Running the race as you did on your own is tough going. Did you get a prize for age group?

nah, there were 2 faster old men :)

Solid running, well done. Your race report is eerily similar to my last 10k. Without doubt the marathon is still in the legs. Reading your report and splits there are only positives to take from today, no negatives. 35:xx is on the cards this year.

ok ok - heard you the 1st time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I agree with Dublin Stutter :D, there's a few fast 10k's out there you could nail, Dunboyne and Kilmore to name 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Well done on the PB AMK.
    That race sounds eerily like the 10k I did two weeks ago. A small field, not too much competition and a little bit of disappointment despite the PB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Cracking stuff AMK PB and a top ten finish - you're on fire these days :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

Well done chief - deffo much harder without anybody to hunt down or somebody on your shoulder. Pity I couldn't be there - might have provided you with some company ;)

Thanks for the comments folks - even your multiple comments DR.

For now, regarding the fatigue, I'm going to put it down to a mixture of work bedlam, a bad days prep in advance, no-one to race and windy conditions.

Training is also going well, with no indicators or any fatigue apart from today.
    I actually think running 38:22 on my own is actually quite a feat!

Dunboyne 5m is a goal race - this will be the tester for me - if it goes well, happy days.
    If not, then its rest time.

Now wheres that bottle of wine.................sweet dreams Ososlo :)

Well done chief - deffo much harder without anybody to hunt down or somebody on your shoulder. Pity I couldn't be there - might have provided you with some company ;)

ha ha - you know, as I entered Carton Avenue, the memories of chasing you down last year came into my mind!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Well done AMK. Every PB is a step in the right direction:) Sub 38 here you come!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Sorry about that. This smartphone ain't so smart!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Have you considered taking a month off from running, getting on the bike, hitting the bottle at weekends, agreeing to all kinds of charity things and living a pretty much normal life before coming back fresh both physically and mentally??!

I believe it's all the rage in Outer Mongolia and in the south east corner of waterford!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Thanks for the comments folks - even your multiple comments DR.

For now, regarding the fatigue, I'm going to put it down to a mixture of work bedlam, a bad days prep in advance, no-one to race and windy conditions.

Training is also going well, with no indicators or any fatigue apart from today.
    I actually think running 38:22 on my own is actually quite a feat!

Dunboyne 5m is a goal race - this will be the tester for me - if it goes well, happy days.
    If not, then its rest time.

Now wheres that bottle of wine.................sweet dreams Ososlo :)

B]Now wheres that bottle of wine.................sweet dreams, Oh, Oh, Ososlo, Ososlo, Oh, Oh, Oh :) ya dirty AuldmanKing!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

A top 10 finish and a 26 second PB = great day at the office. But the bit where you say that you're 'very disappointed' with the time, that's the bit that has me convinced you're going to post some cracking 10K times over the summer. Great running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Nice one AMK - had a feeling you'd run well in Maynooth if you went ahead with it, great result and another solid PB in the bag, congrats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Congrats on the pb A. I'm 100% sure it won't be the only one over the summer. Really positive that you're hitting those kind of times despite the tiredness.Don't be afraid to listen to your body though if the fatigued feeling lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Fancy running a 10k together you're just that bit faster. It could work out well for both of us!

Ah now, some on here would get jealous!

My next 10k will be Dunshaughlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Ah now, some on here would get jealous!

My next 10k will be Dunshaughlin.

Leave them at it!

Cool I'm looking at that one. Maybe pop down to Naas park run Saturday week we test out the pace/chemistry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Congrats on the 10K Auldmanking! Disappointed with a pb eh? Big summer ahead. :)

'Twas a softish PB.......next time.

Good to see you back.

Mon 19th: 7 miles @ 8:30 mile. Nice and easy around the PP. Legs felt good today.

Tues 20th: 4 miles @ 9:01. Gentle recovery with the dog.

Wed 21st: ditched the club session as didn't want to cause any stress on the body or feed any fatigue.
    I planned on a decent MLR today but stopped at 10 miles (7:55 pace) due to a dull ache (hard to describe it, but doesn't hurt when I run, but it's there) on the right knee, right in the inside top corner of the knee cap.
    It's a bony part of the knee and feels like it got a bang as it's tender??

Iced and nuforened to beat the band. Will take 3-4 days rest now, partly just in case, but mostly due to a busy upcoming few days til Sunday.
    10.5m @ 7:55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Iced and nuforened to beat the band. Will take 3-4 days rest now, partly just in case, but mostly due to a busy upcoming few days til Sunday.
    10.5m @ 7:55

Good call on taking a break - hopefully it's nothing sinister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Good call on the rest AMK.

We should meet up for a spin around the Park when you're back out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭likestosmile

Smart training AMK to listen to your body. If only we were all as good. Keep up the great work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

drquirky wrote: »
    Good call on the rest AMK.

We should meet up for a spin around the Park when you're back out there!

+2 Give me a shout when you two girls set a date and time

Thurs/Fri/Sat: No Running.

Fixed the blind in the kitchen that's been broken for last 8 months. took me 5 mins.
    Cleaned the attic. - 1 hour
    Went to the movies - Godzilla - 2 hours well spent.
    started reading a non running book.
    I even hung out the washing............

This 'not running' business just gets in the way!!

Sunday 25th: Normal service resumed.

7 miles with the club around the PP - trails were mucky, but theres something liberating about going full pelt through the muck. I didn't want to be the one acting like it was a steeple chase over the puddles.
    Real men (& women) here.

6.93m @ 7:51

Monday 26th:
    Taking advantage of our US peers been off today - I took an easy lunch time run with 6x20 sec strides.
    Done this in Porterstown and done the strides on the grass track.
    When I stopped to do the strides, I paused my watch - 30:06 had passed. With a 5 mile race on Tuesday where I'm hoping for a sub 30 - this is playing on my insecurities!!

I had done a good bit of stretching earlier in the day - Legs feel great now.

4.72 @ 7.51

Going to have a chat with the club coach about a Marathon plan - his son is also doing Dublin and has a similar time goal.

Edit: Noticed I'm over the 1000 for the year - 1013 miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Done this in Porterstown and done the strides on the grass track.
    When I stopped to do the strides, I paused my watch - 30:06 had passed. With a 5 mile race on Tuesday where I'm hoping for a sub 30 - this is playing on my insecurities!!

You're a headbanger. Make sure you deliberately take a brake and stop you watch on 28 minutes next time ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Monday 26th:
    Taking advantage of our US peers been off today .

Here you can't be having it all your own way! Taking our holidays off as well as your own! ;)

Advertisement