Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The main thing is keeping the main thing, the main thing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

tang1 wrote: »
    Its good that your able to call 18.22 a handy session, nice running.

Thanks Tang, forgot to say my time was 18:22 :)

thanx a thousand.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

S'funny - after a hard week of training I was really struggling to keep up with you over the first 600m of the run. You took off like a man possessed - when I checked my watch after around a 1/4 mile, it was showing 5:19/mile. Very hard to sustain that kind of pace in a Parkrun, unless you're the kind of person who can comfortably run 15:xx (i.e. neither of us at the moment!), so there was only one direction those splits could go, so I sat back and waited for you to come back to me. I reckon you'd have run a good chunk quicker, if you went out a little easier, but no better place to experiment than the Parkrun. Good meeting you out there. Hope to bump into you in Popintree. :)

S'funny - after a hard week of training I was really struggling to keep up with you over the first 600m of the run. You took off like a man possessed - when I checked my watch after around a 1/4 mile, it was showing 5:19/mile. Very hard to sustain that kind of pace in a Parkrun, unless you're the kind of person who can comfortably run 15:xx (i.e. neither of us at the moment!), so there was only one direction those splits could go, so I sat back and waited for you to come back to me. I reckon you'd have run a good chunk quicker, if you went out a little easier, but no better place to experiment than the Parkrun. Good meeting you out there. Hope to bump into you in Popintree. :)

Yeah, was just thinking today, I actually had no plan for that run, with the exception of not looking at the watch.
    For certain a more evenly paced run would've meant that I might have actually Been close enough to maybe see you finish :)

I'm not doing poppintree til I know you have ticked it off the list. :)

Sunday: 13 mile long run. (7:48 pace)

Done our duty and stayed with the full group for 5 miles or so, then broke away into 2 groups.
    Nice run today and added 3 miles on myself at the end as I want to bring the long run to 16 miles in a few weeks.

49m for the week

Jan Review:

Kinda/sorta happy with Jan.
    I had planned initially to run a 10 mile Race, then a 5 mile race & I ended up running a Park Run - disappointing in that respect, but life gets in the way at times, and rightly so.

193 miles for the month surprised me. I'm not 'measuring' mileage anymore as a progression or a metric, but was very surprised to see this as my largest month since March '14 before the Marathon. This week gone was my biggest week (since Oct) with 49 miles.
    Felt like a good weeks training and felt 'normal' for the 1st week in a long time.

I'm happy with the sessions I've done, but I do want to be careful that I don't burn myself out early in the year with too many 3k paced sessions...... I am 68 you know :)

Feb Targets

Maybe 2 parkruns in Feb, although I'm tempted by the Garda BHAA XC - I think its a tough race and I'm a big softy with limited xc experience. Maybe give it a miss!

My next goal races are;
    MSB 5km : March 15th
    Dunboyne 4m: March 29th
    GIR/K-Club?: April 11/12

Each race is 2 weeks apart, so I want to make sure my training in the coming weeks of Feb has a mix of 5k & 10k sessions.
    I'm tempted to not do all the MSB Sat sessions and do more & longer reps at 10k pace - this will serve me well for the upcoming races.

Monday: 6 miles with the dog - nice trail lunchtime run - I'm calling it 'Trunch' as apparently you cant be on Strava without some kinda jingle :)

PM - Gym session - only 4 of us turned up, but great to get it done.
    Not 100% sure my bench press positioning was right as I've a dodgy shoulder as a result.

Tuesday: 4.25m @ 8:40 pace - mainly to get the dog out as was feeling very tired. Legs were a bit 'meh' after the lunges/squats yesterday.
    Amazing the energy you get after a run - done another core workout.

After hearing 'Rob Watson' on MT recently, I went and downloaded his podcast - I'm hooked now - a very entertaining listen, well recommended.

Wednesday Track Session: 800/800/400/800/800/1609 (just over 2 min R / 3.5 mins R before the mile.)

Only decided to do this late in the day as I was going to do my own session of 5x1200 or some longer reps, but went down in the end and delighted I did.

2m WU inc 5 strides.

Coach told us that the 1st 3 reps would be 800/800/400 and we'd see about the rest - but the total would be 5200.
    Plan was for 2:45 for the 800's

800: 2:43
    800: 2:36 - some Raheny lads were doing something similar at the same time.........wasn't racing......swear.....
    400: 74s
    800: 2:43 - Experiment #1 - 1st lap 1.14 - 2nd lap was tough
    800: 2:43 - Experiment #2 - 1st lap 1:20 - felt much better this way
    1600: 5:33 - felt very strong on this, especially the last lap - sprinted away in last 200

Great to finish a workout like that feeling strong. Definitely the best track session I've had in a long time.
    I'm amazed at the last 2 800's. Finished in the same time, but the splits so different as was the feeling on the 2nd lap.

1m cooldown.

I mentioned last week that after each track session I get cramp on the warm down.
    I didn't wear the DS racers today, but wore the DS Trainers - felt much better on the track and didn't get cramp.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Your dog may be the fittest dog in the country.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Your dog may be the fittest dog in the country.

Everyone keeps telling me shes fat!
    She knows all the short cuts and when I run in the park outside my house, when I do 4m she might only do 800m as she meanders around the center :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Fair enough so, I had visions of you running and the dog beside you on a lead the whole way around...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

That's a good 3k paced session there, definitely a distance I think you should consider this summer. You should break 10 minutes with a few more specific sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

the Graded meets will most likely include a couple of 3ks...

• Advertisement

Thursday 4.21m @ 8:31 - planned a rest day - but wifey hurt her back and the dog needed a walk, so went for 4 slow miles. Enjoyed it.

Friday I'm getting aware that my easy days are crawling into the 8:30 per mile space and while its not worrying me just yet, I wanted to challenge my easy run a bit on Friday.
    5 miles with 3 steady miles in the middle in the company of some strides on the last fast mile (3 steady (for a friday :) ) 7:18/7:15/7:07)
    About 7x15sec strides.

Sat Club session - 2x1500 / 1x580 / 2x1500

Great session this, down by the Popes Cross - the last time I done 1500's we were only doing 3 of them and I died on the 2nd one - so doing 4 was good.
    The other faster lads weren't around, so I was out last on my ownsome, which wasn't too bad as it felt really good passing everyone on the turn after 800m :).
    Great to see some new faces down as well - bodes well for the future.

1500: 4:59
    1500: 4:59 (delighted to hold the same pace)
    500: 1:56 (Lactic filling up on this one as the recovery was quick
    1500: 5:04 (another quick'ish recovery)
    1500: 5:07 (Coach made 3 of us do the last rep to break "mental barriers" as we've just done 3 previously - was well worth it - didn't push at the end.)

8:05m with WU & CD

Sun Club run - 13m @ 7:34

We have this thing were we are to run as a group (8:00-8:30 m/m) for 5 miles (down to the zoo) - then we are free to do whatever..........sometimes we just stay as a group, other times some of us go ahead.

Today, we done the 1st 5 miles as a group and 2 of us went off for 6 good steady miles - wasn't planned, just running taking over.....but it felt fantastic.
    Steady miles (7:08 / 7:05/6:52/6:45 (hammys shouting at me) /7:12/6:30 (0.64m) - We finished with a strong burst up to Castleknock Gate and I went on for another 2 miles myself at a slower pace. Great run.

Feeling Strong this week - 48m in the bag this week.

PS
    Feeling dead jealous reading all the race reports today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Did I see you on the Military Road near the hospital? Was heading east. Lot of people out today!

Murph_D wrote: »
    Did I see you on the Military Road near the hospital? Was heading east. Lot of people out today!

Nope, not down that part of the park. But I'd say he looked good :)

Monday: 5.12m @ 8:37 pace - recovery trail run around the field in Porterstown with the madra - in fairness, shes following me a lot more - I can see her fitness returning :).
    PM: Gym session

Tuesday: 6.4m jaunt, taking in Myo's, Castleknock College, Farmleigh (or at least the roads around them :) - 8:07 pace.

Wednesday: Club Session 3x800/ 400 /3x800 (all off 2 min R)

To keep this interesting, myself & another guy wanted to try to hit consistent splits across each lap of the 800's.
    Our aim was 82 per lap - we failed miserably.

800: 2:42 (77/85) (Eager beavers)
    800: 2:41 (79/82)
    800: 2:40 (80/80) (following the 1st lap failure, we wanted to keep the 2nd lap the same - so moderate success)

400: 74 (on target)

800: 2:43 (78/85) ('sit on my shoulder he said'......failed miserably)
    800: 2:44 (81/83) (nearly got it)
    800: 2:40 (80/80)

This made the session go very fast and kept it interesting as we were focused on the splits as opposed to the pain :)

A very interesting experiment in pacing (or lack there off) - definitely something to work on.
    I found the session fairly steady throughout and it felt controlled - happy there were no 2:3x in there or anything over 2:45.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'm not doing poppintree til I know you have ticked it off the list. :)
    It's safe to go back to Popintree. :)

It's safe to go back to Popintree. :)

:D

Thursday: Planned rest day

Friday: 5m (2E and 3 Fartlek) at lunch - time was against me. 7:36 ave.

Saturday: 10 miles inc 22xhills - Ran down to the club session which was a hill work out in the F.Glen.
    3 of us were under time pressure (my U15's had a match) so we started early.

22 hills - not sure if it was the early start of if the pace was faster due there only being 3 of us, but this was a tough bastid of a workout. Nothing left on the last hill.
    Ran home. Slowly.

Sunday: Long run - 15m @ 8:09 pace.
    Plan was a bread and butter run with no surges, pickups or steady sections - stuck to the plan and enjoyed it a lot. Legs were feeling very 'meh' following the hills, so was surprised to see 10 miles come around so quickly and felt ok.
    Last couple of miles were a bit of a slog though.

Ran down and back to the PP to up the mileage.
    Another hour walk with the dog back in the PP later on - helping the legs recover.

Going to take a bit of a 'down week' this week - spoke to the coach about it and he wants me to keep the mileage the same, but all easy paced stuff.
    Might also aim for a Parkrun on Saturday...............but not Poppintree :)

49 miles for the week.

Being honest - thought about not updating for lent :pac: - just to see how I'd get along. Didn't last long though.

Monday: 4m @ 9:19 per mile - nice gentle jog around Porterstown with the dog, listening to the intricacies of peeing in lakes and the effect of cold weather on the manhood :eek: on The Rob Watson show (a must listen).

PM: MSB Gym session - Introduction of Burpees & side planks plus an additional 15 secs onto the plank were the highlight of the evening :)

Tuesday: 10m @ 7:24
    As its a 'down week' for me, I wanted to stretch the legs a bit and run at the 'edge of easy' :) (note: copyright new term) - nothing under 7 min miles though.

Really enjoyed this run - reminded me of Marathon training were 13m Steady were weekly events and the run were you feel you could run forever.

Wednesday: 4.13m @ 8.14 pace - tight on time on this one, nothing startling.

Thursday: rest day - walking around Glendalough for a couple of hours though was a real highlight.Shamefully, my 1st time there and really enjoyed it.

Friday 6.1m @ 7:53 pace (inc 5 strides)
    On the 1st mile I had all sorts of mad stuff going through my head about not being able to run, getting old and hanging up the runners.
    But then the body woke up and all was good in the world.

Ended off with 5 strides as I was going to do St Annes with a MSB lady on Sat.

Went home and then had a spectacular 2.5 hour walk around the Purple route in Howth with the family and the dog. Amazing scenery and an amazing route. Ran it once before, but took the time to admire it today. No better place to be on a run I'd say.

Finished off the evening with a meal, some wine and a few pints which put pay to my Park Run ambitions for Saturday. Maybe next week :)

Saturday: Apart from the walks in Glendalough and Howth and the 10 miler on Tuesday - my down week was quite successful :pac: as I managed to re-energise the legs by missing the wednesday session.
    Come Saturday - I wanted to do something to 'fuzz the legs' as Tony would say on MT.......

Decided on 5x1km (2 min R) on my own down by the polo grounds in the PP.

Ran the 2 miles down and done 4-5 strides to get the heart going.

Aim was 3:30

R1: 3:28 - wow - 1st one is always hard - thought I was going to die.
    R2: 3:26 - Nice - felt ok.
    R3: 3:26 - Change of direction on this one - felt the fatigue - delighted with the time.
    R4: 3:31 Tricked myself that this was the last one - to experiment - ran the 1st 400 slower then sped up - despite the slower time, really happy with how I ran it.
    R5: 3:29 A real effort - nearly talked myself out of it - I knew despite the fatigue that I was still running as well. Good mental workout as well as physical.

CD: 2m back to the car - smiling contentedly to myself on a session well executed.

7.64 miles total.

Sunday: 11.1 @ 7:58
    A lot on today so had to get a run in early.
    Up at 7am and out for 7:30 with another MSBer who had work at 10am.

11 miles flew in - desperate conditions, blustery and rainy but good to get it done.
    FIL's months mind today so spent the morning where any good son in law should be, by the sink & the cooker. Think I broke a world record for number of cups of tea made and cups washed.

Spent the afternoon with the U15 girls at Hollystown Golf Course for a golf tuition (inc video analysis :) ), an hour of debate & slides on our GAA goals for 2015 and then a nice 20 min talk by Jayo Sherlock himself........funnily enough, the Pizza was the girls favourite part of the afternoon :p

Now for some wine..................

Monday: Legs were feeling very 'meh' so didn't do a run - was only going to be at recovery pace, so didn't mind and the weather was $hite. But the reason for not doing the run was due to the legs, not the weather, just to be clear. ...........ahem.

1 hour Gym work - the inclusion of 1 legged squats was tonights highlight! (threw in some pull ups at the end, reminded me of TBL in his softer years. Managed 4.)

Tuesday: 7m easy - (7:58 pace) - down to the Aras and back - legs felt strong, must be getting used to the gym work on Mondays. Had to hold back a lot.

Wednesday: Club session (800/600)x3 +800 (all with 2 min rec)

Spent a lot of the day sitting on the loo - but this is sometimes normal the day of a session :) - its like my very own sub conscious detox. But I do think I had a bug of sorts as didn't feel great during the session.

Was aiming for 2:40's tonight on the 800's - no idea of time on the 600's

WU: 2.2m - inc 5 strides
    800: 2:39
    600: 1:56
    800: 2:40
    600: 1:56 (working hard on this one - wanted to stop for a poop :) - but didn't think it would be appropriate)
    800: 2:41
    600: 2:02 (boxed in for a bit, slowed like a wuzzy before the line)
    800: 2:42 (very tired on last 400 - stomach was doing somersaults)
    CD 1.2m

In hindsight, I should have aimed for 2:45's as normal, given how the stomach felt.

All in all a great session - but can feel a little twang on the RHS of the right shin. The DS Trainers are up past 500 miles. New pair on order.

Which reminds me - I got great gear from Sportsshoes.com, they then sent me a code for 10% off until March 1st - so I bought a pair of DS Trainers (new model) for €66!! (€130 in Elverys)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

TMI AMK, TMI. :)

• Advertisement

Bless me father for I have ran, its been 5 days since my last confession.....................

Thursday 26th: 6m trail run with the dog - 8:27 pace.

Friday 27th: 4.2 miles 8:07 pace - inc 6-7 strides. With the dog again.

Staurday 28th: Hartstown Parkrun

I'd told myself at the start of the year that I'd do at least 1 race/parkrun per month - so had to get out to do a Parkrun. Nearly didn't happen as a mix up with wifey nearly led me astray. I had planned to go to St Annes with a colleague, but that wasn't going to happen due to our mix up.

Ran the 2.6m to Hartstown - decent warm up and got caught in the active warm up with the local Gymstress (new word - copyright pending).
    The plan was 2 fold. (1) Start at a decent pace (2) Run under 18 minutes.

We got off on our start and 2 lads went off like whippets, I held at 5:45 pace for the 1st few hundred meters, amazed at how fast everyone starts.
    I caught one of the guys after a few hundred meters and settled in behind the leader - he looked comfortable and looked like a 'runner'. I kept an eye on the pace and it was stable at 5:45 1st mile went by in a blur. Me in 2nd place, just behind.
    Into mile 2 and I was comfortable behind the leader - it was very blustery so I let him do the work :).

After half a mile into mile 2 I checked my watch and was shocked to see 6:25 lap pace for that mile - $hit- how'd that happen - serves me right for settling in.
    I upped the pace immediately and overtook the guy and thought I'd blow him away, but in fairness he settled right behind me at the increased pace. I could hear his footsteps but couldn't hear him breathing, so I knew he was comfortable.
    Mile 2 was 6:07.
    We approached the shorter lap and I thought about throwing in a surge, but thought better of it as it was quite windy and I'd have probably just killed myself as I was beginning to feel the burn.
    I slowed a bit in a straight part of the park as the wind picked up and he came by me, fairly easily actually. I settled in behind him at that stage but the gap was about 5-10 meters.
    We came around the bend and met the other runners yet to start the shorter lap and I knew the end was near, so I picked up the pace - maybe 600m to go? - but the leader responded well and put in his own burst to cross the line 1st.
    Mile 3 was 5:55 with the last 400m showing as 5:23 pace.I'd say there was 2 seconds in it, if even that.

I didn't press stop on the watch, pressed lap instead, but I reckon my time was 18:12ish (result not out yet) - which is a disappointment. But I learned a lot from the run about pacing, running my own race and not settling in behind- and although it was slower than I wanted, it was a great race.

Positives were I ran a decent 1st mile, I had a good kick at the end, despite a blustery day and still feeling wednesdays session in the legs.
    Negative was the settling in and loosing time.

My warm down was funny as I got lost in Hartstown and ended up running out the wrong exit and doing a full circumference of the park before eventually finding my way - 4.4m warmdown :):)

Good days running 10:07m

Straight off to GAA for our 1st match of the season - a draw with Naomh Olafs - we scored a goal in the last second!
    From there out to the airport to watch the youngest get beat in driving wind and rain - character forming.

Sunday 1st March: Long Run - 13:37 miles - 7:42 pace

In the company of Catherina McK for about 8 of these miles, great to pick her brain and get advice - some good steady miles in there as well - nothing stupid though.

Watched the rugby that day and tuned in on the 'puter for a bit of that Mickey Mouse coca-cola, littlewoods, leaguey cup final thingy :).

Monday 2nd March: 4.2 miles with the dog (7:38 pace) followed by 1 hour Gym.

Feb finished with a total of 187 miles - average weekly mileage of 47.
    Not 1 week over 50 just yet - and some good sessions done and 1 Park Run.

Hopefully March will bring a good 5k on Paddys w/e and a good 4m Race in Dunboyne (or BHAA St Annes) towards the end of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Not 1 week over 50 just yet - and some good sessions done and 1 Park Run.

sorry I missed your birthday. Happy belated birthday ;)

Tuesday: 6.5E @ 7:42 pace. Wifey had the dog out today so took the opportunity to get a lap of the PP in.
    Love running up Military Road/ S-Bend side of the Park. Reminds me of Marathon Training :)

Wednesday: Club session - 3x(500/500/800) R 100s with 2:30 b/w sets.

Nearly didn't go to this session as I didn't fancy another set of 800's, but glad I did as the coach changed things up big time.

Broke us into 2 groups with both groups doing different workouts...........and had us take our own finish time............had us finishing in different places on the track..............and had much shorter (jog) recoveries.........and told us the workout in advance.
    There'll be a committee meeting about this level of change, I tell ya! :)

Given the shorter recovery - aim was for 1:40 for the 500's and 2:45 for the 800's

Set 1: 1:36 / 1:39 /2:45
    Set 2: 1:40 / 1:40 /2:43
    Set 3: 1:39 / 1:38 /2:36 (felt very strong)

Great session and enjoyed the shorter jog recoveries. Glad the focus is changing to some sharper speedwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

...2:36 (felt very strong) for 800M...

Jesus, your flying at the moment !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Nice work AMK - are you focussed on the shorter stuff for this year or do you have a marathon in mind?

MisterDrak wrote: »
    ...2:36 (felt very strong) for 800M...

Jesus, your flying at the moment !

Thanks - the difficulty is translating it to a race performance, although Goal races (the few I have done) have gone well.
    I think I need to accept somewhat lower levels of performance in non-goal races where I dont taper etc

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Nice work AMK - are you focussed on the shorter stuff for this year or do you have a marathon in mind?

No marathon in mind, despite my internal protestations!!

Current Plan is to do 5k/10k til Oct/Nov - then base building - then an April '16 Marathon somewhere in Europe and quite likely redemption in Manchester - but still tbd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭ECOLII

Current Plan is to do 5k/10k til Oct/Nov - then base building - then an April '16 Marathon somewhere in Europe and quite likely redemption in Manchester - but still tbd.

Rumour is that is what all the cool kids are doing :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

ECOLII wrote: »
    Rumour is that is what all the cool kids are doing :cool:

can some square granddads tag along too? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭ECOLII

RayCun wrote: »
    can some square granddads tag along too? :pac:

As long as you bring your new entourage, rumour is you are a a rock star in certain FB parts of the interweb these days ;)

• Advertisement

Jaysus - the last few days have been torture reading about all the great performances over the weekend :)

I was away for a dirty romantic weekend & I was feeling remarkably melancholic regarding my decision to do shorter stuff this year and nearly had myself convinced to do a HM before the summer and jump into DCM.
    Matters weren't made any easier when we bumped into some friends, 2 of which were runners and 1 a marathoner............(who name dropped Olwyn and knew that 2 of the 3:40 pacers had 'difficulties' at DCM :confused:)

However, the next morning, the haze soon parted and I knew I was on the right path.

Anyway - back to me............

Thursday: Recovery - Gentle run with the dog - 4.3m @ 8:50 pace

Later that evening I brought my football team for their longest run yet - an incredible 1.3 miles - followed by some great sprint sessions. I'll make runners GAA Players out of them yet.

Friday 5.4 miles @ 8pace - cant really recall it, but I think it was very windy!!

Sat Rest day - off to Farnham Estate in TJ land.

Sunday: 4.5m around Farnham Estate, very mucky trails. I was looking for somewhere to do a 400's session, but it was too mucky and then the heavens open - so back to the Gym & the treadmill.

Done 11x400 on the treadmill - took me a while to figure out the pace in KPH - then realised that my watch was working indoors on the treadie........well done Garmin.
    Didn't keep splits as the pace was set at the same speed each rep.

Done these at 5k pace and felt good throughout - 100m jog recoveries.

Monday: 4m @ 8:30 pace - just to get the dog out. Was feeling dog tired myself afterwards - I haven't drank that much in a long time - not good at all.
    Made my way to the gym that evening for the usual session.
    On the upside I'm upto 8 pull ups :)

Tuesday: 7.4 miles @ 7:37 inc 5x15 second strides

Nice run this, enjoyed the route - haven't ran the Khyber in a while so gave it a bash.

Wednesday: Club Session 3x(500/500/800) 100s R

Same session as last week - those of us racing at the weekend, didn't run the last 800 - so it was a 4.6k session rather than 5.4k.

Set 1: 1:34 / 1:33 /2:44
    Set 2: 1:35 / 1:35 /2:42
    Set 3: 1:36 / 1:31 / NA

The 500's were about 4-5 secs faster than last week - partly due to a guy who runs similar times working out that last weeks were too slow and partly due to a faster guy being there tonight to pull me around.

The last 500 I wanted to mimic the feeling at the end of a race, when you think you cant speed up - I hammered the last 100 to reel in a guy who started 10 secs ahead of me. Not very clever and got a telling off afterwards about potential injury.
    Didn't do the last 800, just ran around with one of the newer girls in 3:25.

Good session, but I felt more fatigued than last week - weekends activity still in the body and the faster 500's contributed.

Easy runs til Sunday - MSB 5k, Gold medal for Sunday will be to get close to my Jingle Bells time. Dont think I'll PB in it but will be giving it everything except excuses.

Advertisement