Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

joining speakers to connect to tv

• 03-11-2013 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have been making good strides with my home entertainment system and I am 1 step away from having it perfect, which is the surround sound system. I have a Philips HTS3020 5.1 system dvd player which has great speakers but I am streaming directly from internet more and more now that I have a Miracast system for my android. The speakers only work when I play something through the HTS which is limited to dvds or downloads onto usb, for everything else it uses the TV speakers. I could just get a soundbar but I have a neat job done with the speakers in all 4 corners of the room and would like to keep them. The speakers have 5 seperate connector blocks which connect to the HTS sytem, is there any way I can join these and coonect to TV using either HDMI or scart lead? This way anything I watch would use these speakers, might be a ridiculous idea but worth a try!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

If you select 'scart in' as source on the HTS, do you not get stereo audio from the tv, through the HTS speakers? (Obviously, the HTS needs to be connected by scart to the tv.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    If you select 'scart in' as source on the HTS, do you not get stereo audio from the tv, through the HTS speakers? (Obviously, the HTS needs to be connected by scart to the tv.)

+1 But if the SCART socket on the TV is input only i.e. does not feed 'audio out', there is a pair of left and right 'audio in' ports on the HTS (labelled 'Aux 1 Audio In') which can take sound from the TV, provided the TV has left and right 'audio out' ports.

Most TVs used to have one 'fully wired' (input and output video and audio) SCART socket which allowed you to feed the audio to an amp or the full signal to a VCR for recording purposes, nowadays you typically feed audio to an amp by optical or co-ax digital audio, or for older equipment there is often audio left and right phono (RCA) sockets.

Advertisement