Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which route is better? (Pottery Road - Ringsend)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

It's really bad after 8. Even at 7.30 it's backing up in Blackrock. However if you try at 7 you may find it easier - give it a try.
    Same with going back - the closer to peak times, the more bumper to bumper it is, easing up before Blackrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Coming home on that new route, I suspect that Abbey Road heading to Baker's Corner would be a nightmare, it's bad even most days between 1 and 2 so I imagine that after 4 p.m. it's queued back to the roundabout at the top of Stradbrook Road. Deasgrange Cross also backs up with a huge backlog of southbound traffic as far back as Windsor Motors (opp the cemetery) after 4 most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

That drive would 'drive' me scatty. Drive to Glenageary DART station in 10 minutes then get the train to Pearse station for the 24 minute train journey and a 6 min walk to the Quay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Larbre34 wrote: »
    That drive would 'drive' me scatty. Drive to Glenageary DART station in 10 minutes then get the train to Pearse station for the 24 minute train journey and a 6 min walk to the Quay

There's no parking at Glenageary though there is at Dalkey and beside Sandycove/Glasthule but with the latter I'm not sure you can pay for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

There's no parking at Glenageary though there is at Dalkey and beside Sandycove/Glasthule but with the latter I'm not sure you can pay for the day.

Its €3 to park for the full day on the street beside Glenageary station, at the time the OP would be leaving there are plenty of spaces

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Its €3 to park for the full day on the street beside Glenageary station, at the time the OP would be leaving there are plenty of spaces

Sorry, hadn't realised it was that cheap or even possible to pay for a full day's parking there.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Sshh! don't tell everyone about Glenageary,;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Would you try and cycle it.

PM me if you are interested or ask for advice on the cycling forum.

I do most of that route on my way to work.

Advertisement