Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second chances

Options
  • 03-11-2013 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,075 ✭✭✭✭

Can I have my ban lifted in soccer thread, a second chance would be great.
    I'm told that if I post here,that indeed you might reconsider .
    If you need the details on the ban then I will post more detail.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You're not banned from soccer. The ban was lifted 6 months ago.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

That must be a quirk of the interaction of a site-ban and forum ban as the OP was permanently banned from the forum on 13 May. BorneTobyWilde, can you actually view the SF when logged onto Boards? If so the ban will be re-instated pending this review

I am aware of discussions with the mod who banned you and have also had some direct communications with you over this ban, so I will make some comments here

You were site-banned for using an alt account (Argosy2006) to circumvent a soccer forum ban. Your permanent ban from the forum was as a result of using that alt account

You have continued to claim you never used the Argosy2006 account. I am not in a position to confirm that one way or other. The Admins thought that was the case and only they can now determine otherwise. Hence one of 2 things needs to happen before we can consider lifting the ban from the Soccer forum; either

1. You admit to using the Argosy2006 account (in which case we can discuss whether a second chance is appropriate); or
    2. The Admiins confirm they are happy with your claim that you never used the Argosy2006 account (in which case the ban can be lifted immediately)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,075 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Well it seems I'm in no man's land. I was told if I create an account of my own it will probably get banned eventually, can't view soccer on this one, and my sisters one is closed I think? Not sure.
    What I would like is a second chance on this account, as I've made this my own, but I did not create it.
    But I am only user now, my sister does not use boards no more.
    And this whole '' sister'' thing is not helping me, as it's an excuse I'm told everyone uses.
    So I think I would be happy to admit I deserved a ban, and simply ask you to reconsider , I'm banned from soccer when I never had any issue with soccer, so I don't get that, as the only ban I've every got was on the After Hours thread. A ban I must admit did not work, as I simply asked my sister to log in to her account. So I did break a rule there in theory . But it's her account, I feel she had a right to log in, but it was for my benefit ,I'm guilty in that sense

I guess No 1 is answer

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to be clear the argosy2006 account was used to post in the same thread as the BorneTobyWilde had done in AH a few minutes after your account was banned from the forum. Likewise it posted in the Liverpool thread (having been no-where near that thread for some time) a few minutes after you had been banned from the soccer forum

Are you therefore admitting to using the argosy2006 account to circumvent these forum bans (if the answer is yes we may finally be getting somewhere)?

Yes. That is only answer I can give. But sometimes a simply yes does not explain the full story.
    But yes is answer, and I don't want to elaborate on it, unless you need me to. Would rather just ask for another chance, and answer ''yes''

• Advertisement

Yes. That is only answer I can give. But sometimes a simply yes does not explain the full story.
    But yes is answer, and I don't want to elaborate on it, unless you need me to. Would rather just ask for another chance, and answer ''yes''
    Would you be happy to elaborate via PM, as I feel you are trying to give the impression that you are simply agreeing to facilitate a return of Soccer forum posting privileges. I really need complete honesty from you before we can start discussing any possible terms for the granting of access

I'll answer here with honesty , what do you want to know.
    I'd rather answer yes or no, as some times the truth is actually stranger than
    fiction.

You cannot expect me to give you any leeway here when you come out with statements such as "some times the truth is actually stranger than
    fiction". Please elaborate (and I'm happy to take it to PM should you wish) or this appeal will be rejected

In terms of yes/no, I also have 2 straightforward questions that need straightforward anwers:

1. Did you post in the Soccer Forum using the argosy2006 account (or indeed any account other than the BorneTobyWilde one) while banned from the forum?; and/or
    2. Did you get someone else to post in the soccer forum on your behalf using any other account while you were banned from the forum?

PM sent

OK, I've had a look and have responded directly to that PM. I need to discuss things with the Soccer Mods and will get back to you once I have checked a few things

• Advertisement

I'm the guy who will die in a plane crash
    I'm the guy who will get struck by lighting
    I'm the guy who will win the Euromillions
    I'm the guy who will get hit by a meteorite
    I'm the guy who opens an account,same day sisters gets blocked

I'm that guy

Odds not in my favour
    But sometimes planes fall
    Sometimes lighting strikes
    Sometimes people win the lottery
    Sometimes a meteorite blazes a trail
    Sometimes the one in a million appears

Hi

As discusssed via PM I am not going to overturn this "ban" (it is not actually on ths system as a current ban but to all intents and purposes it is one as you do not have access rights to the Soccer forum)

The Admins considered this account to be a re-reg of the argosy2006 account and sitebanned the argosy2006 account. There are clear patterns of posting (both in terms of posting "style" and forums) that indicate that you had "control" of the argosy2006 account prior to your BorneTobeWilde account being set up (even if someone else did originally set up the argosy2006 account), which would contradict your own version of events

I am therefore upholding the ban

You may ask the Admins to review this decision should you wish (in which case I can provide them with additional information from our PM exchanges)

Would be good if you could post the '' fictional evidence '' to back up you're claims
    As I said argosy account was never mine, it was sister and her bf who used it, I was never a boards user until this account was created.
    But like I said I know why this account was created,.. at time I did not.
    But it's clear as day to me now that the reason my sister asked me to create an account was NEVER about me , it was about her or her bf trying to get past their ban. These are facts, and like I said before I never had a ban from soccer, so I can't for the life of me understand how I'm banned for LIFE from soccer.
    You said you closed the argosy account, GOOD PUNISH THE GUILTY PARTY
    Why I'm being dragged into it is beyond me

Can you answer yes of no to following

I have 2 sisters and 1 brother who never used boards, can they set up an account, YES OR NO
    Can they pick any user name they want, YES OR NO
    As I will suggest this user name BorneTobyWilder , this ok YES OR NO
    Or is it a case that no one that I know can create an account, YES OR NO
    Will they too get same hassle I have gotten , and be abelled a rereg , YES OR NO
    They too are liverpool supporters, will fact they post in soccer, lead to thier account been banned for life, YES OR NO

I think you understand point I am making here.
    You know right well that my brother could set up an account here
    You know he could pick any user name he wants
    You know he can post in soccer once access is granted
    You know he too would get same hassle I have gotten

And this is right?

I mean how can you expect one account per household, and can you link me to the rule that says this.
    Show me the rule please that says one boards user can not under any circumstance know another boards user, that one boards user can not be in same place at one time.
    It's like Superman and Clarke Kent all over again

And hey I'm writing this with a smile on my face, even if it reads different,
    I was never one to argue, especially online lol

But I'm right, hence my insistence .
    Time line is killing me, fact my sister and her bf were liverpool supporters is killing me, fact her nick names for players has rubbed of on me is killing me,as it make me look similar .
    But maybe you should look at the difference in the posting, and not concentrate on what looks alike.
    It would be so easy to make two accounts look the same. you could say I'm a 1000 different users on here. That's the problem with Liverpool thread,
    HELLO There are millions of fans out there. I'm banned for life from soccer because of fact my sister or most likely her bf got banned on their argosy account.

If you could pm be this proof that makes me look guilty I would appreciate it, and maybe I can explain it

Do you want an Admin to review my decision?

Advertisement