Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAI Cup Final

Options
  • 03-11-2013 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

May I say hard luck to Drogheda, twas a fine effort and totally unexpected that they would push sligo so close. Refereeing blunders are hard to take if it effects the result! Mick Cooke will be sorely missed i feel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Great effort from the drogs today, superb effort by the team, disapointing result and the team didnt deserve that harsh defeat.
    Plenty of drogheda supporters in the aviva, good to see.

Felt very sorry for Mick Cooke to see it end this way, a thorough gentleman and best of luck to him in the future

P.s 6 euro a pint in the aviva ! Scandalous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJkI.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Nesta99 wrote: »
    May I say hard luck to Drogheda, twas a fine effort and totally unexpected that they would push sligo so close. Refereeing blunders are hard to take if it effects the result! Mick Cooke will be sorely missed i feel.

Oh, the irony...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

rogieop wrote: »
    Oh, the irony...
    ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Well played Drogheda. A very good performance against technically better players. What a brilliant manager Mick Cooke is. Drogheda are lucky to have him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Losing to a refereeing blunder is hard to take whether it is in a semi final or final. Also, was Gavin Brennan's header correctly ruled out for a push? No replays of "contentious" issues in stadium (including Sligo's equaliser funnily enough - the only replay of a goal not to be shown as the replay stopped just before the free was taken) and it looked ok from the East Stand.

Losing three finals in one season is hard to take - even harder for my eight year old who was at all three and was still inconsolable on his way to school this morning:(

However, congrats to Sligo, winning a FAI cup is special - enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

PGE1970 wrote: »
    Losing to a refereeing blunder is hard to take whether it is in a semi final or final. Also, was Gavin Brennan's header correctly ruled out for a push?
    Losing three finals in one season is hard to take - even harder for my eight year old who was at all three and was still inconsolable on his way to school this morning:(

There was a push but Keane was playing for the foul. He knew he couldn't compete with Brennan in the air so backed into him to emphasise the "push". Keane was taking a big risk as I seen those goals given.

Having said that, Sligo were unlucky with their disallowed goal. The linesman was not in a position to see that all the ball had gone out of play. She was was not level with the end line.

As a Dundalk fan, I feel sorry for any team where a contentious decision decides or changes a game. It's a hard thiing to explain to a young child as I recall from the semi final. Football can be very cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hanlor

Hard to lose in the circumstances that occured but all Drogs can be proud of the team and the suport they received. No one can begrudge Sligo (or Silgo as the muppets in FAI mistakenly spelled it on the medals !!). They are a fine club and a credit to LOI

All in all, a great season for the Louth clubs, Dundalk finishing 2nd in the League and the Drogs getting to three Cup Finals

• Registered Users Posts: 44 M.A.G

Was a great game,and a great advertisement for our league.Hopefully more people will leave their armchairs next season and support their local club.

Advertisement