Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Problem - UPC

• 03-11-2013 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭

I'm having an unusual problem with my UPC broadband service for the past few days.

It is working normally on all Apple devices... iPhone, iPad and Apple TV but it won't work on laptops (I have tried two). I called UPC Technical Support and they did all the usual checks and reboots on the modem/router and say it's functioning normally.

They were clueless regarding a solution and maintain that it must be a laptop specific issue... pointed me to their PC support function (not open Sundays). The service had been working fine on the laptops up until very recently and I have not consciously changed any settings or anything so it seems very coincidental that both would stop working at the same time.

The laptops are detecting and connecting to the network but I cant access the Internet. I've tried different browsers and the issue is the same. When I try to access a website it comes up 'resolving host' then eventually displays the error 'web page not available'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have you rebooted the PCs? Sounds like they're not pulling DNS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Can you try a ping test, eg, open CMD and type ping www.google.ie

See what comes back,

If its pinging out, the go into Control Panel , onto internet and see if it may be trying to use a Proxy Server, if so switch it off

It could be a virus, so, do a scan and see what happens

Also, try this,

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Network-Tweak/WinSockFix.shtml

Run it and click fix.

Restart the computer

Go to Control Panel -> network connections -> right click the lan connection and click properties

In the general tab double click on "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" from the list.

Re-enter the details as necessary.

Or even try a factory reset on the Router

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Advertisement