Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian sweets & jellies.

Options
  • 03-11-2013 7:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi folks, any recommendations for non gelatin sweets? Something like the Haribo range. My gf has a sweet tooth but doesn't want to eat any gelatin based stuff. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Someone mentioned here they have gelatine free jellies in Dealz, also health shops have gelatine free jellies. Marks & spencers have gelatine free percy pigs and caterpillars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Jelly Tots are vegan... and bloody delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

The stuff in Dealz is Goody Good Stuff - all of that range is gelatin free.
    summer.png
    I think they stock them in Holland and Barrett too. At least the used to.
    You can get some (perhaps more pricey packs) in health food shops like the Biona range and Just Wholefoods.
    pic.php?id=36522647_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Jelly tots are the best! even though I don't really crave stuff like that like a lot of people seem to. When I want something sugary I normally reach for some good old-fashioned flying saucers!

TeS8Ucc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Katjes Better Bunny, available in Tesco stores. http://www.katjes.com/betterbunny/

Also my friends bought me a packet of Percy Pig sweets, which were almost identical to the Katjes Better Bunny. Didn't say where they bought them, but a quick Google says it's M&S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭freethink3r

cosmic wrote: »
    Jelly Tots are vegan... and bloody delicious!

:O THEY ARE?! Yay, they're my favourite jelly :D I had no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

Gadgie wrote: »
    Katjes Better Bunny, available in Tesco stores. http://www.katjes.com/betterbunny/

Also my friends bought me a packet of Percy Pig sweets, which were almost identical to the Katjes Better Bunny. Didn't say where they bought them, but a quick Google says it's M&S.

Just bought these earlier, and the packet is gone already! They were lovely. I must stock up on them, there were only a few packs left.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They are there for ages dont worry, we tried them and thought they were rank :o

the cola bottles in dealz are amazing but were out of stock when I last looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Our local Spar has the Goody Good Stuffs, I tried the ummer peaches and they are sooooo good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

The M&S Veggie Percy Pigs are amazing, as has already been said. Tesco do yummy strawberry laces as well which I love even though I don't have a sweet tooth :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement