Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 7.0.3 Constant Problems

• 03-11-2013 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else had a problem with this update?

Really regret doing this update. iMessage works infrequently and I can't get coverage majority of the time (even when 3G is present or if I'm connected to wifi). It's a nightmare.

I contacted Three and they ran me through a few steps over the phone which worked for only an hour or two. Then they told me to contact Apple as it was a problem which a lot of people were having as a result of this update. Apple told me to reset all settings on my phone, iMessage then worked. Now a day later it's gone again, can't use iMessage at all and coverage is in and out constantly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

Do you have an iPhone 4s? Are you able to turn on your wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

mad m wrote: »
    Do you have an iPhone 4s? Are you able to turn on your wifi?

I have the iPhone 4.

I can connect to wifi and it shows full strength bars yet it won't open a page.

Have you had this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    I have the iPhone 4.

I can connect to wifi and it shows full strength bars yet it won't open a page.

Have you had this problem?

Wife's 4S doing the same. Already sent off to apple only for them to find no fault, only for it to be acting up again less than a week later. Thing is, your trying to make a 4 yr old device run new software, go figure! Wish we could wipe phone clean and down load last if the IOS 6 that was great! I'm sending this back to apple once again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

The iPhone 4 is only a little over 3 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

guil wrote: »
    The iPhone 4 is only a little over 3 years old.

The technology is over 4 years old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mel123

Ive got an iphone 4, and since I did the upgrade, its so slow. Infact its that slow I'm thinking of getting rid and moving over to the dark side (Samsung). The internet is the worst, like just opening the home page before I put in anything to search. Defo has thought me a lesson for going forward - if its not broken dont fix it!!!!

I have now realised that when connected to wifi I can use iMessage. But when I lose that wifi connection it sends as SMS, even with 3G present.

I don't even know what more I can do. As a previous poster said, apple Support already reset the phone and it worked, for a day. Don't know what else they can do now. Fed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Go to General Settings -> Reset -> Reset all Settings (this should not erase your device). It appears to fix a lot of crashes and other issues. You should only have to do it once though.

Hobbes wrote: »
    Go to General Settings -> Reset -> Reset all Settings (this should not erase your device). It appears to fix a lot of crashes and other issues. You should only have to do it once though.

I've done this about 3/4 times. Works for a few hours then nada.

Both Apple Support and Three have now suggested I back-up my iPhone to iTunes and do a complete 'iOS software restore' setting my iPhone back to the beginning.

Has anyone any experience of having done this?

I've done this about 3/4 times. Works for a few hours then nada.

Both Apple Support and Three have now suggested I back-up my iPhone to iTunes and do a complete 'iOS software restore' setting my iPhone back to the beginning.

Has anyone any experience of having done this?

In the middle of doing that now!!! Have to wait till the morning now to get the wife's SIM card to get the phone up and running as new phone to see if the glitches are still there.
    Read great article that states the 4S doesn't have the onboard ram to allow ios7 to run properly, the phone overheats from working too hard and the heat shuts down wifi and causes other things to go wrong!!! And apple said they did extensive testing !!! I said it before, you can't upload fresh software onto a 4 yr old device. It's like trying to upload windows 8 onto a 4 yr old laptop-ain't goons work is it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Ever since they introduce multipath network in iOS7 (3G and Wifi failover) my 3G signal is gone awful. At first i suspected it was the mobile network but since tried a HTC which worked without any issue, once back on the iphone, same ole crud signal.

Migworks wrote: »
    In the middle of doing that now!!! Have to wait till the morning now to get the wife's SIM card to get the phone up and running as new phone to see if the glitches are still there.
    Read great article that states the 4S doesn't have the onboard ram to allow ios7 to run properly, the phone overheats from working too hard and the heat shuts down wifi and causes other things to go wrong!!! And apple said they did extensive testing !!! I said it before, you can't upload fresh software onto a 4 yr old device. It's like trying to upload windows 8 onto a 4 yr old laptop-ain't goons work is it!

Well how did it go?

I wonder if it would be worth my while upgrading to the iphone 5?

It costs about €120 plus I'll be back on a contract which I don't particularly like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I'm raging about it too. My 4 was perfect and now its junk.,...half convinced its on purpose to make me upgrade. Must try that reset.

Edit: dramatic improvement! Keypad much faster and the home button now works.....browsing back to normal speed too. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

My 4 was such a good phone until ios7 which ruined it, crap childish graphics, slow internet, dropping 3G signal and having to toggle airplane mode to get it back again and shorter battery life so I went and done the only thing open to me and bought a 5S...which is probably what Apple wanted anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

iPad 3rd gen, iOS 7 has ruined my opinion of apple. Diabolical battery performance, apps lagging, just ruined!! They want me to do a full restore to fix it. I want to beat an apple employee with the iPad.

iPad 3rd gen, iOS 7 has ruined my opinion of apple. Diabolical battery performance, apps lagging, just ruined!! They want me to do a full restore to fix it. I want to beat an apple employee with the iPad.

This actually worked for me, finally.

I tried everything before that and nada. However 'Apple Online Support' talked me through the whole restore and now everything is back to normal.

Still a bit p*ssed that I even had to do it given the price I spent on the phone, I also lost all my notes which contained a lot of important info.

I would advise the restore though, just make sure when you go to Settings > iCloud, everything is switched on as this is where I lost my notes.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i have an iphone 5 and updated, everything was fine except it put 'do not disturb' on and i started missing IMPORTANT calls . had to google the problem and saw that this had happened to quite a few people .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

peteeeed wrote: »
    i have an iphone 5 and updated, everything was fine except it put 'do not disturb' on and i started missing IMPORTANT calls . had to google the problem and saw that this had happened to quite a few people .

Did you not notice the moon icon on the status bar and check to see what it was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

guil wrote: »
    Did you not notice the moon icon on the status bar and check to see what it was?

no because before that i had a scheduled do not disturb between 00:00 and 08:00 set before the update

Well how did it go?

I wonder if it would be worth my while upgrading to the iphone 5?

It costs about €120 plus I'll be back on a contract which I don't particularly like.

Just about to post the wife's 4s back to apple and the bloody wifi started working again! So mad, it's intermittent and you only have a few days to post back bet it will work fine for another few days then will break again. What's the point in sending it back while its fine (like last time) they will only send it back saying no fault found. Can't believe apple have screwed this up so badly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement