Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with weak wifi signal

Options
  • 03-11-2013 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi have been reading previous threads but am totally confused. I have eircom broadband using a motorola modem/router. I have a normal semi detached house and the modem/ router is connected on the ground floor to the main PC by an Ethernet cable. I use an ipad upstairs connected to the wifi but the signal is not constant and sometimes there is no signal. What can I do to improve the wifi signal, I do not want to run a cable upstairs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I suggest you get a new wireless router or AP that supports MIMO. (It will have 2 or 3 antennas, 3 is, of course, better). I have an ASUS one at home which does a great job, but there are many that will work well.

Key things you want are 802.11n , single band, MIMO . 5GHz won't help, so dual band not worth spending the extra money on. (If 2.4 GHz wont get upstairs, then 5GHz definitely wont).

-FoxT

Edit: I have not used this one but I expect it should do the job, for eu43.

Advertisement