Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas ads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Apparently the Coca-Cola ad is making it's first appearance during the X-Factor tomorrow!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

razorblunt wrote: »
    The John Lewis advert is good, I think they missed a trick by having someone "known" sing a cover version though, it was always nice hearing new voices be discovered.

Who sang the song this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Lily allen does a cover version of keanes somewhere only we know.The bear and the hare is the name of the Christmas tv ad, definitely a future classic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

this got me a bit :)

and it has one of my top favorite tracks in it that means alot to me and it honestly got me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Apparently the Coca-Cola ad is making it's first appearance during the X-Factor tomorrow!

Yeah saw this tonight, though I saw it on Channel 5 though! Love those ads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

Tesco Christmas Ad 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

There's a lot of "retro" this year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Cadbury has a Christmas ad this year.

Don't like this one at all - not Christmassy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭cailinardthair

Love the new John Lewis ad....one of the few new christmas ads that makes it feel christmassy.....still think last years one is a classic.
    Still in my head its not christmas till these are on the telly

Can't find the an post one but this is the closest I can

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭AshAdele

oh i love the tesco ad!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I love the new John Lewis ad, it made me all teary eyed, it's just lovely and simple. I'm liking how they, Tesco and Debenhams are taking a simpler and less extravagant approach to Christmas this year, which reflects the fact that so many people are struggling financially.

The ones I've mentioned seem more focused on cheaper more thoughtful gifts rather than the extravagance of the M&S one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love the new John Lewis one too- I think it's adorable!

*has something in eye*

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Tis very cute alright, I thought the one from last year was a bit more moving/grand/what have you; but it's still a really sweet ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

I like the M&S and John Lewis ads! Looking forward to seeing the Coca-Cola and Kellogs ads as well; they reel, or intentionally drag, in the spirit of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

I'm a bloody wreck! I am actually sitting here watching Christmas ads and crying!
    fcuk you John Lewis and don't even get me started on tesco! :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm a bloody wreck! I am actually sitting here watching Christmas ads and crying!
    fcuk you John Lewis and don't even get me started on tesco! :'(
    Anyone who doesn't well up at the John Lewis ad is emotionally dead. I feel myself getting all emotional every time I see it. It's such a simple ad but so effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

I don't consider the m & s tv ad to be a Christmas ad at all . more like something to remind you of halloween .

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

this vodafone one from a few years ago was one my favorites, they used it again the year after but with a different song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

• Advertisement

new Sainsbury Ad

Oh God, I started welling up when those kids were wishing their dad a happy Christmas and by the end I was bawling! Lovely ad.

Oh God, I started welling up when those kids were wishing their dad a happy Christmas and by the end I was bawling! Lovely ad.

yep me too,
    Sainburys actually have a load of small videos. i wont port them up as they are too many

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

.....*sniff*......must dust this place more often....... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppet84

I love this one!!

http://youtu.be/7_4AOpcBwZ4

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Metacarpi

Love the guiness ad..it's usually on closer to christmas and up to new years!!

This year i'm loving the john lewis ad (i well up every time) and the debenhams ad, love that foxes song!!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ultra_other

I like the ESB ad Going Back
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSlfAOxTTIA
    bring a tear to eye for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Anyone who doesn't well up at the John Lewis ad is emotionally dead.

Nope,not this fella.....

I never care for xmas ads,but whenever I see that upsetting commercial for Focus Ireland,where the homeless are walking the street looking at everybody else enjoying xmas,with the song "I am going home" playing-any time I see that I know I'm not "emotionally dead".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Liking the new Sainsburys ads

Advertisement