Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas ads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Don't know how they managed to keep straight faces while filming this one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

Old School, but one of my favourites :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywjfSVrCqnk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

The little girl in the old Kelloggs cornflakes ad gets me every time - in fact it's bringing a tear to my eye just thinking about it! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭santana75

Seasan wrote: »
    Nope,not this fella.....

I never care for xmas ads,but whenever I see that upsetting commercial for Focus Ireland,where the homeless are walking the street looking at everybody else enjoying xmas,with the song "I am going home" playing-any time I see that I know I'm not "emotionally dead".

+1.
    I like the John lewis ad myself but that Focus Ireland ad is like a cold hard slap in the face(in a good way).

This probably belongs over in the adverts you hate thread, but that ad for littlwoods with Caroline morahan where she transports a lady into the future to see her impending crimbo..........Man she is such an annoying person. I remember her one time complaining about how fashion "journalists" werent receiving the same respect as people reporting from war torn Afghanistan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭touts

leahyl wrote: »

Just saw the Lidl ad on tv. I think we have a winner for best ad of the year and definitely a new addition to the classics favourite list.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

This is my favourite Christmas ad... I get excited every time I see it. I do like this year's Tesco ad.

This one was my favourite last year and now that I've seen it again it's top of the list again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

This one was my favourite last year and now that I've seen it again it's top of the list again.
    I really, really love that ad!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭AshAdele

Harvey Nicoles, there a bit more tongue in cheek with their Christmas averts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Does anyone know the name of the blonde woman in the 2013 littlewoods ireland christmas tv ad with Caroline Morahan? She looks so familiar and its drving us all mad here. Sorry dunno how to link to youtube on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Does anyone know the name of the blonde woman in the 2013 littlewoods ireland christmas tv ad with Caroline Morahan? She looks so familiar and its drving us all mad here. Sorry dunno how to link to youtube on my phone.

Rachel Brady I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppet84

Saw the Guinness advert tonight!always gets me !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Completely shows the times we're living in, I saw the Kelloggs Christmas Ad with the little girl on YouTube before I've seen it on the Tele. That and the Coca Cola ad are massive reminders of this time of year for me :)

Penneys Christmas jingle. :)

Still no sign of the TV advert; I wonder if it even exists in the archives? I had no joy when I contacted them recently.

I'm going to keep playing that over and over on a loop. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Kellogg's ad was on ITV tonight. But they dubbed it to change the childrens accents :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Layinghen wrote: »
    Kellogg's ad was on ITV tonight. But they dubbed it to change the childrens accents :eek:

It better not have been a cockney accent?!! :-O

I saw it on 3e and the voices were the same thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Metacarpi

Kellogg's add = <3

"I like mince pies, my dad loves them" :S That ad really pisses me off.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Nice ad this but just found out the song is from Slade "Everyday",nice tune

Slade

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

mrsoundie wrote: »
    Rachel Brady I believe.

As an aside, she was the physio to Harchester United years ago in Sky1s "Dream Team", and recently on TV3s fairly dire "Deception"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh wow!!! Great find!! Thank you!

Amazing!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

Karsini..... thank you!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭FactCheck

Has everyone seen last year's Emmy-winning Apple ad?

Only a few more weeks until we see some 2014 ads!!

FactCheck wrote: »

Yea I've seen it. It's brilliant! Very emotional!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

FactCheck wrote: »

Only a few more weeks until we see some 2014 ads!!

NO I had not... thank you... this add is fab... and while enjoying this fab late September weather.... and trying to enjoy the time we have now ... i have to admit to be looking forward with excitement!

Advertisement