Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to send money from my account to brothers account tonight is it possible?

Options
  • 03-11-2013 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

hi guys sorry to bother ye on your sunday evening but my brothers in newcastle for weekend and and has ran out of money and has cheekily asked me if i could send him on a few pound but im not sure is it possible on a sunday evening?

we are both with bank of ireland and i have banking 365 set up? i tried it there but said i need some security code sent out before i could transfer money and this takes up to a week to recieve or something?

so just wondering is there anyway online or even ringing banking 365 that i can get money in to his account instantly tonight?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You can get that security code sent to a mobile phone but the transfer amount will be limited to €3,000.

Under the heading 'Choose Security Code Delivery Method', select 'by mobile phone'.

Go back and try it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Have you ever sent money to his account before? Ring 365 and see if it can be done over the phone.

I have sent money to other ROI accounts from BOI and if I want to set up a new payee, I just get a code to my phone and I can transfer instantly.

Do you know anyone else with a BOI account who may have transfers set up, you could use their account.

If you are really stuck Western Union is instant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

You need an initial passcode sent to you by post and that will take a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

thanks lads i wont be able so how do i do this western union craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

www.westernunion.ie

Pretty simple to do. Enter details, pay. Money can be picked up pretty instantly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

BuffyBot wrote: »
    www.westernunion.ie

Pretty simple to do. Enter details, pay. Money can be picked up pretty instantly.

thanks mate but last western union agent in newcastle closed at 10pm so its a no go untill morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

thanks mate but last western union agent in newcastle closed at 10pm so its a no go untill morning

Then dont bother doing western union just go into the bank in person and lodge the money into his account and save yourself some money

Advertisement