Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

santa visit for 8 yr old

Options
  • 03-11-2013 9:23pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any suggestions for somewhere to take an 8 yr boy, based in limerick but dont mind travelling.
    would prefer more of an experience if possible, hes getting a bit old for a lot of places and I want to keep the magic going as long as possible.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Have you been to Ailwee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Ailwee is supposed to be great, (have not been - but received a flyer from them about 2 weeks ago …and I live in Meath)

Rumleys farm in Cork is great also (took nephews/nieces and their parents there last year 14 of us…ages from 1yr to 12) ….. there's loads of animals at the place to see and play with for the kids.

there was another poster recommended a place in Kildare on another thread … clonfert pet farm (I think).

Blarney Woolen Mills in Cork used to be great (about 10-12yrs ago)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

We've been to Ailwee a couple of years ago, we've also done bunratty, the Santa experience in Limerick and some other smaller ones.

Problem seems to be that they are either geared for smallies or for those who like arts and crafts! Might look into Rumleys, would be nice to do something a bit more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Also heard Ailwee was good (mind you that was at least 15 years ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

I know it might be a bit of a trek, but for a good day out, you should think about Griffins Garden Centre near Coachford in Cork (about 15 minutes from the city, Ballincollig side).

They do a great Santa every year. They have loads of animals, very well turned out Santa's, and the photos they give out at the end are pretty good quality. At 8, I suspect he's probably starting to see through the cheap costumes and crappy beards. The Santa's here are as convincing as a Santa can be!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Is Causey Farm too far?

Advertisement