Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biomedical science decisions??

Options
  • 03-11-2013 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hello everyone, im currently a first year biomed student but not sure on what subjects to pick next year and where my course will bring me with my subject choices, i have to choose from anatomy, physiology, pharmacology and biochemistry, i have looked through the internet and met with my careers office but still very undecided, i was hoping someone out there who might have studied any of theses subjects for a degree and what they are doing now? Thanks.. Any info would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

Darragh11 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, im currently a first year biomed student but not sure on what subjects to pick next year and where my course will bring me with my subject choices, i have to choose from anatomy, physiology, pharmacology and biochemistry, i have looked through the internet and met with my careers office but still very undecided, i was hoping someone out there who might have studied any of theses subjects for a degree and what they are doing now? Thanks.. Any info would be appreciated!

For second year, choose what you're good at or interested in. To be honest, the overall degree will be the determining factor for jobs. That said, biochemistry will open a lot of doors, it's such a broad area and plenty of work in Ireland.
    Physiology should be a handy credit, not too complicated, but very little use outside of medicine.

Advertisement