Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3tb compatible nas?

Options
  • 03-11-2013 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hi there im just looking for any wisdom on these and where can i get good value?
    I have a 3tb installed in my computer and it seems to keep resizing itself to 746 gb after a few on/offs i have the 3tb software and everything. i might just throw it in an nas as i have been considering getting one anyway.
    Im assuming normal hdd can go into an nas?
    An idea where is the best to get one?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭brimur69

You do not need a NAS to use the full 3TBs, Windows has just partitioned it that way because it is larger than 2TB. You can use the full 3TBs by downloading Gparted, burning it to a CD and booting from it, using the disk/partition tools and then growing the volume from 746GB to 3TB. Save changes and reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭supersparkz

I had used the 3tb+ software for gigabyte motherboards. But as i said i ended up with 2 746gb partitions instead of the 2tb an 1 746 gb that i should have after turning on and off a couple of times.
    I will give this a try though, thanks

Advertisement