Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get out of Sky Contract

• 03-11-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,229 ✭✭✭✭

So my girlfriend is currently on sky broadband and rarely is getting over 3 mb and regularly gets under 1.

Sky being the lazy customer hating ****wits they are, arent planning to luanch their fibre till april at the earliest a full 9 months after basically everyone else.

So is there a way to get out of skys contract? Apparently sky are refusing to release people from contracts but ive read that if you pay what is left in full and hand your UAN to another provider they will initiate the change.

Will this affect her TV or her phone line though? cus they are on that unlimited package deal sky has going.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

How long are you into the contract, and, obvious as it is, have you spoken to Sky about the quality of service you are currently receiving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

My sky broadband was the same .suppose to get 4mb but spent about a month on like 1/2 mb evening time.I plagued them by ringing them regular.They eventually said I could end the contract without penalties or if I can put up with it they credited my account with €50 and they would sort it out.They sorted it out shortly after and now I am a steady 3.5mb.But you really have to plague them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Just keep pestering them how awful the connection is and they're eventually get fed up of you and cancel the connection outright, and out of your contract, on basis of providing you an inadequate service [and to stop dealing with you].

Worked for me, with Ripplecom ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I would like to be able to get out of my Sky contract too, was expecting a phone call in Friday.... None ad of yet getting 14mb and I was getting a totally steady 16mb. Being in a fibre area with no fibre it pi$$es me off not being able to get it

Advertisement