Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling from Balbriggan to Santry - is it handy?

Options
  • 03-11-2013 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi folks got an offer of a contract for a few months, 3 days a week. Is it handy to drive to? Is the traffic woeful in the morning? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

should be handy enough, i go from Rush-Blanch and usually takes about 35min so prob wouldn't be much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

Thank u buttercup....is Dunboyne near Blanchardstown? Might have an offer there too but it seems very off the beaten track!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

yeah dunboyne wouldn't be much further about 10-15min extra

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

bobsman wrote: »
    Thank u buttercup....is Dunboyne near Blanchardstown? Might have an offer there too but it seems very off the beaten track!
    It is motorway / dual carriageway the whole way.

Alternatively you can get the train - change at Connolly (sometimes, you will also have to change at Clonsilla). However, journey time is typically 1h30 to 1h45. Alternatively, change to bus route 70 at Navan Road Parkway station.

Put your exact locations (and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Balbriggan to Santry is a slightly different story than Balbriggan to Swords.

Once you come off the M1 onto the N1 in the morning, anytime after about 20 past seven the N1 is extremely busy with fairly long delays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

The delays are usually past the santry exit. The santry exit can be quite busy but usually it is the left lane heading to Coolock that travels slow, the right lane for santry is fairly quick. If the traffic at Whitehall is quite bad I often exit at santry and go via the swords road to drumcondra that way. Moves pretty quick. Very light traffic as mentioned before 7.30 but I have been heading to work later recently and hit santry between 8 and 9 most mornings and it moves easily enough. I would say the whole journey would take 35 to 45 mins total.

word of warning, don't exit at the airport as the roadworks there are causing delays and possibly the reason why traffic is that much heavier at the next exit.

Advertisement