Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

It would be the ps4 for me, im a ps3 player for now and although the xbox one is nice, its just too expensive and has a lot of unnecessary feature built in..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Grayditch wrote: »
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/02/20/microsoft-wont-rush-gears-of-war-onto-xbox-one

Please, take your time :pac: Seriously, though, fair play to them of they do actually change the recipe and make something refreshing with it.

Chest high walls now replaced with knee high walls and the you play as the CoG's elite squad of dwarves.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ha, I'd go for that, anyway.

Gears 1 really was great. Simple and well rounded. I can imagine it's hard to push a series forward with new things without complicating it, or running out of ideas. So they should stop pushing them forward when they're tired!

Series' can be rebooted well, but I think my time with Gears has passed. Unless they actually go with dwarves...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Its probably Ultra street fighter 4.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

jenjenten wrote: »
    :p - you make it sound like we all just escaped from a lunatic asylum!

I work in one of those and, well, if the shoe fits.... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Chest high walls now replaced with knee high walls and the you play as the CoG's elite squad of dwarves.

The most impractical battle armour ever, and have bits that glow, just so the enemy can hit you in the dark, and and they've in the dark, so even handier!

Actually, I quite enjoyed Gears of War, preferred the madness of Bulletstorm though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I work in one of those and, well, if the shoe fits....

"Work"...suuuure :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Cienciano wrote: »
    Really? Any more to the story? I'm in work and pretty much every gaming site is blocked. Would love to see mario kart on the ps

Oh no, just joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

This is an interesting idea, a good way to encourage more use of the Twitch app (not that it needs more encouragement!).

Daylight: Twitch spectators will be able to interact with horror game
    PS4 and PC horror game Daylight will allow Twitch users to trigger in-game events in other players' games.

Set for release in April and developed by the team responsible for Blacklight Retribution, Daylight will utilize the streaming site to play sounds when certain words are mention in Twitch chat.

One example revealed is that when someone watching a stream types the word "Meow" into the chat, the game will make a corresponding sound of a cat.

All Twitch triggers will be timed to avoid spam and the full list of commands won't be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Benzino wrote: »
    This is an interesting idea, a good way to encourage more use of the Twitch app (not that it needs more encouragement!).

Sounds terrifying to be honest if Outlast is anything to go by.

Meow is poor enough but it'd be interesting to see some other commands.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    "Work"...suuuure :pac:

No, I do, you don't have to crazy to work here but..... Many are

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hoping the announcement will be Zone of Enders 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Xenji wrote: »
    Hoping the announcement will be Zone of Enders 3.

If it's not coming with metal gear solid 9 demo, then I don't.

It could be a GT7 announcement.
    Or a Sonic game, just out of spite!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

It could be a GT7 announcement.
    Or a Sonic game, just out of spite!

Gran Turismo either needs to be thrown aside or given a massive overhaul. Game has gone downhill.

Seriously hope they aren't announcing GT7 anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

irishmover wrote: »
    Gran Turismo either needs to be thrown aside or given a massive overhaul. Game has gone downhill.

Seriously hope they aren't announcing GT7 anytime soon.

GT6 is apparently an excellent game. Sales have been poor for it alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

tok9 wrote: »
    GT6 is apparently an excellent game. Sales have been poor for it alright though.

Well, its weird. Some peoplesay its excellent, some some its pure ****. I am tempted to get it of amazon for only 25£ anyway.

tok9 wrote: »

I got the CE when it came out thinking it was gonna be great.

All cars sound the same. Handling is ****. It's boring as hell... They're struggling to keep up with other car racing games but it more felt like they rushed it and just brought it out as filler..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The pending arrival of titanfall and headsets now available soon have made me decide tge xbox one is for me...

now available soon

Agree.

• Advertisement

Agree.

March 7th to be precise..

Good lad though. Go you

The next game I'm getting is Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze tomorrow!
    And the last ones I got were Kirbys Dreamland 3 and Kirby Superstar Deluxe, both for the Japanese Super Famicom.
    If you are going to love Nintendo you have to be fully committed!

The next game I'm getting is Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze tomorrow!
    And the last ones I got were Kirbys Dreamland 3 and Kirby Superstar Deluxe, both for the Japanese Super Famicom.
    If you are going to love Nintendo you have to be fully committed!

Cant wait for donkey kong but cant sleep :(

March 7th to be precise..

Good lad though. Go you

:confused:

:confused:

Sorry if im wrong i read your post in a sarcy way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

PlayStation 4 VR headset finally coming at GDC - report
    Sony's PlayStation 4 virtual reality headset will finally be unveiled next month at GDC 2014, a new report suggests.

TechRadar reports that the anticipated VR device will be formally announced at the San Francisco conference next month, which begins 17th March.

Like the Oculus Rift headset, the virtual reality visor will wrap a pair of screens onto the wearer's head. But, unlike Oculus, Sony is expected to have perfected the technology to a degree that multiple versions of the hardware won't need to be released.

"Sony has deliberately taken its time to tweak and polish the headset before revealing it," a source said. "People will definitely be impressed with what Sony's built."

Full article

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Oh thank you Japan

iFsS1UEoCBiZT.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

After using the oculus rift I'm way more excited about VR headsets than Kinect. It really is the next level of immersion. The problem with graphics today is I think we have hit a levelling off point where they only get better in small increments because in terms of immersion you are still looking at an image on a screen. Really VR just adds so much to the experience, it just seems a lot more real and believable when you actually feel you are inside the game. It's the real game changer in my opinion, not ****ty motion control that will knacker you out after 10 minutes playing.

RasTa wrote: »
    Oh thank you Japan

iFsS1UEoCBiZT.gif

Bukkake mode? I'm sold!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Am I nuts for worrying Oculus will be too good? I haven't got to try it, but it sounds like playing anything that isn't Oculus afterwards will just not cut the mustard any more after it. Again, am I nuts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement