Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Pac1Man wrote: »
    :confused:

You would hate to be buying it now? But those who buy it now will still be able to play those games.

Yes, which will be good for them, however for me I would not be able to find time to play through all those games with Titanfall on the scene. I'd have to play Titanfall with my gaming time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Frankly, every PS4, Xbox One and Wii U game can temporarily eat all of the **** if they're launched the same month as Dark Souls II.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Frankly, every PS4, Xbox One and Wii U game can temporarily eat all of the **** if they're launched the same month as Dark Souls II.

Titanfall and Dark Souls are both out on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If I had an Xbox One, I wouldn't be going anywhere near Titanfall on that day and my PS4 won't be getting much use for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Why is it being called a price cut?

Am I wrong thinking that the launch Xbox One console came with Fifa or Forza? Seems like the exact same thing with Titanfall

• Advertisement

I have Tales of Symphonia Chronicles to get through this week and next week, then on to Dark Souls 2. I have barely used my PS4 since launch and it looks like staying that way for awhile, actually have played my Vita more this year than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 newcountry2014

Xenji wrote: »
    I have Tales of Symphonia Chronicles to get through this week and next and then on to Dark Souls 2, I have barely used my PS4 since launch and it looks like staying that way for awhile, actually have played my Vita more this year than anything else.

Im just waiting on my vita to come in the post. Any good recommendations for games?

Im just waiting on my vita to come in the post. Any good recommendations for games?

Persona 4 Golden, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, Muramasa ReBirth, Soul Sacrifice and Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster is out next month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xenji wrote: »
    I have Tales of Symphonia Chronicles to get through this week and next week, then on to Dark Souls 2. I have barely used my PS4 since launch and it looks like staying that way for awhile, actually have played my Vita more this year than anything else.

Good luck with that, it's about 80-100 hours long. And that's if you don't play dawn of a new world.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Good luck with that, it's about 80-100 hours long. And that's if you don't play dawn of a new world.

Recovering from a small knee op, so off work for the next 2-3 weeks, timed it well :D Dawn of a New World can wait, have bad memories of that game, but willing to give it a second chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ah now, you'll not be saying that after your umpteenth rage break and need something to play to cool the jets :P

I know thats what I'm getting metal gear for :pac:

• Price cut is sickening, by how much? Only bought the thing about 3 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

tok9 wrote: »
    Why is it being called a price cut?

Am I wrong thinking that the launch Xbox One console came with Fifa or Forza? Seems like the exact same thing with Titanfall

Not all launch consoles came with Fifa or Forza, only around the first million AFAIK, the other 3 million out there came with no games for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Price cut is sickening, by how much? Only bought the thing about 3 months ago

Same here, I've never seen a console get an official price drop with it's first 12 months on the market ever. It is a kick in the teeth to early adopters and myself by MS. If anything at all it just shows how desperate they are in the UK market at least. The 360 had the UK market majority over the PS3 by a big margin but the PS4 is way out in front of the X1 with 3:1 pre orders and sales figures in that region if reports are to be believed.

This will bite MS in the ass for their next machine as the hardcore early adopters will remember this and hold off on day one purchases in future. MS should have just gritted their teeth and sucked it up until the market settled a bit. All these knee jerk reactions since E3 are not a good sign imo. But as they say competition in the market is good for the consumers as you had the PS4 launch at a great price point and force MS's hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

This will bite MS in the ass for their next machine as the hardcore early adopters will remember this and hold off on day one purchases in future.

I doubt it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The original Xbox had a savage price drop not long after launch.
    The 3ds was also discounted.
    I think the Saturn & Playstation both got price drops in the first year.
    And that is off the top of my head.
    Early adopters won't be phased a bit, this is always a risk, jumping early and buying something at a premium. Back in the day importing a console when launched would cost an arm and a leg, but that was the understanding of you wanted to be in at the ground floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Not all launch consoles came with Fifa or Forza, only around the first million AFAIK, the other 3 million out there came with no games for free.

I don't see the big deal really. It's going to be the exact same thing and I doubt there will be a huge number of bundles with Titanfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Is this price cut not for the UK only? It's not world wide. It will become EU wide before long though because the PS4 is outselling it by a ratio of 5:1.

5:1? Overall? That can't be right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Guessing the Japanese don't like games?

Top5 PS4 launch software numbers from Famitsu.

1. Knack - 322,083 (PS4 First Limited Pack bundles)
    2. Ryu ga Gotoku Ishin - 73,086
    3. Battlefield 4 - 26,878
    4. Killzone Shadowfall - 25,978
    5. Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends - 13,576

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    5:1? Overall? That can't be right.

Yes it the EU that's the ratio currently. Last week in Europe the PS4 sold 57K units and is severely supply strained. TheXbox One sold 10k. So actually a 5.7:1 ratio. In the US it's about 2:1 for the PS4 but titamfall will improve the Xbone's sales somewhat over there and in the UK.

RasTa wrote: »

I hope they're all playing Warframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Yes it the EU that's the ratio currently. Last week in Europe the PS4 sold 57K units and is severely supply strained. TheXbox One sold 10k. So actually a 5.7:1 ratio. In the US it's about 2:1 for the PS4 but titamfall will improve the Xbone's sales somewhat over there and in the UK.

The xbox is not released in many locales yet, that will drastically affect sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Do you have links for sales numbers? Also, how many markets are both systems available in? Is it still almost 4:1 in terms of markets the PS4 is available in?

Edit: Analysts do talk a lot of crap, and none better at that than Michael Pachter. Still though, www.vg247.com/2014/02/12/ps4-sales-to-hit-12-million-in-2014-xbox-one-at-9-million-analysts-predict/

The xbox is not released in many locales yet, that will drastically affect sales.

It's released in all the major markets for it and is just sitting on shelves. Don't be so deluded! In the US which is by far the Xbox's strongest market it's being outsold 2:1. That says it all. They need a worldwide price cut and to sell a model without the Kinect.

Yes it the EU that's the ratio currently.

AH, right, last week it was 5.7:1. If that keeps up it would be a real problem for MS if PS4 starts to be come that much of a favourite before the Xbox One is released elsewhere.

Grayditch wrote: »
    AH, right, last week it was 5.7:1. If that keeps up it would be a real problem for MS if PS4 starts to be come that much of a favourite before the Xbox One is released elsewhere.

It's going to sell barely anything in the regions it's yet to release in. DOn't expect it to make any difference at all. The PS4 sells the vast majority of it's units in countrys where the Xbox is on sale already. However it released in Japan this weekend so that will have changed somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

It's released in all the major markets for it and is just sitting on shelves. Don't be so deluded! In the US which is by far the Xbox's strongest market it's being outsold 2:1. That says it all. They need a worldwide price cut and to sell a model without the Kinect.

Deluded? The ps4 is out in like 40 markets, the xbox one is out in 13 or so. From what you said the real number is 2:1 based on market comparisons, not 5:1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

It's going to sell barely anything in the regions it's yet to release in. DOn't expect it to make any difference at all. The PS4 sells the vast majority of it's units in countrys where the Xbox is on sale already. However it released in Japan this weekend so that will have changed somewhat.
    Still looking for a link on EU sales. I know sales are tracked in the US, UK and Japan, but am not aware of any official, reliable trackers for Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

RasTa wrote: »

There was something like a 0.98 adoption rate - i.e. less than one game per console - for the PS3 when it came to launch day game sales. The bundled Knack probably was enough for a lot of purchasers (they're crazy, but hey). Can't forget how expensive new releases are in Japan either, so there would be very few people walking out of Yodabashi Camera with multiple games. Wouldn't read into it too much, especially these days when everyone can download what they want anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement