Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sure it was the video games and nothing to do with the behavioural problems he suffered from and whatever social/mental conditions triggered them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I've heard of a fair few parents getting stung by online stores because they didn't have the cop on to have password confirmation for purchases. Can be a very expensive mistake to make. And the kid didn't mistakenly buy those games…

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No surprise to me. I genuine loved new killzone and I was completely meh about franchise. Shadowfall did it very right, it's a shame it will go in to past as "grey shooter", by the people who did not even bothered to play it.
    Hopefully it will be free on ps+ at some point and there will be a lot more surprised faces.

The first game in the series was so bad though, and the second one was so... brown, it's difficult to get past it, especially when games cost so much, that said the reviews have been positive enough to make it warrant a punt, even if it's bought preowned.
    I'm hoping to pick up a PS4 in the next month or two and I'll certainly rather buy Killzone over that pile of dung COD:Ghosts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Grayditch wrote: »
    Bleak. Poor kid sounds like he had some problems.

I work in a field where I deal with individuals with many different forms of disorder, including conditions that lead them to hurt themselves and I'll tell you, even with my 24 years in the job I and my colleagues were still shocked when an acquaintance took his life, despite us being trained to recognise the signs of depression and suicidal ideation in our Service Users.

As you say Grayditch, the lad probably had his problems that went unidentified by the people that loved him, and they'll have to cope with that as well as this loss and it makes the grief that bit harder.
    I've heard of a fair few parents getting stung by online stores because they didn't have the cop on to have password confirmation for purchases. Can be a very expensive mistake to make. And the kid didn't mistakenly buy those games…

I think there has been movement on online stores understanding when there has been unauthorised spending and sorting it out with honest users and mistakes.
    You wouldn't know in this case, but in issues with the app stores on Android and Apple devices I think there has been deals done on debts rang up by children on their parents accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Surprised this went gold before titanfall

U8LMgcu.png

yQdACKG.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It has such a different meaning in music, that it always throws me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

As expected early adopters will not be getting any sort of remittance from Microsoft due to its price cut.
    Microsoft has said that it's "hugely appreciative" of those who picked up an Xbox One at launch, but clarified that it "can't offer a retroactive refund" to those upset about this week's price cut.

Speaking to OXM about the price drop, Xbox UK marketing director Harvey Eagle said that the company is "hugely appreciative of people that have supported us since launch. What I would say is that mainly the consoles that were bought in the run-up to launch did come with a game included, and this offer is timed to celebrate the launch of Titanfall.

"Unfortunately we can't offer a retroactive refund to people, but we thank them very much and we're hugely appreciative of them being on board since the beginning."

Microsoft announced earlier this week that Xbox One would be receiving a permanent price cut this Friday, dropping the price from £429.99 to £399.99. For a limited time, the console will also include a free digital copy of Titanfall or FIFA 14.

Understandably, though, the news upset some fans who paid full price for the console at launch.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/microsoft_cant_offer_retroactive_refund_to_xbox_one_buyers_upset_by_price_cut.html

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

so they buy a product, a few months later it comes down in price, and they think they should be refunded?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sure it's only a UK price drop and it might just be a currency thing to bring it more in line with the rest of the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I still wouldn't categorise it as a price cut.

• Advertisement

Game are selling it for less. MS store on eBay are selling day 1 edition's atm

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Might seem a bit far-fetched to some, but stuff like this http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/27/gchq-nsa-webcam-images-internet-yahoo won't help Microsoft's efforts to get people to accept and adopt the Kinect in their living rooms.

This does look great, another month and another free game for PS4 users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

RasTa wrote: »

Very reminiscent of Zombie Apocalypse on the 360, was that on ps3 also????

Either way pretty damn annoying as a One owner to see something like that free for yee, looks like my kind of game and worse if it was on One it would could €14.99 I bet *grumble grumble :(

That's a remake of this, an older Vita game

Still looks like a laugh,
    A twin stick shooter at it's heart.
    More importantly, a FREE twin stick shooter!

It's not an older vita game.. in fact it hasn't even come out on vita even thought it was announced a year ago!

It's a ps3 game with better resolution and the dlc included. I'll probably give it a bash in co-op.

tok9 wrote: »
    It's not an older vita game.. in fact it hasn't even come out on vita even thought it was announced a year ago!

It's a ps3 game with better resolution and the dlc included. I'll probably give it a bash in co-op.

Apologies, got that ass backwards!

Angela Ramsey a PR rep of Bethesda Studios has confirmed to OnlySP that, “the Xbox One version of Wolfenstein will run at 1080p/60 fps.”

Looks like fun

wolfenstein_gibs_by_digi_matrix-d77vvdm.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Looks like fun

I'd love to see shooting mechanics and environmental destruction like that in the next fallout. One can hope.

• tok9 wrote: »

U online tonight dude? Might give it a spin on PS3 had it years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, the dust and destruction on the concrete pillars looks just lovely.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    U online tonight dude? Might give it a spin on PS3 had it years ago

possibly.. although i reckon most of my time will be on Metro and BF4.. possibly TLOU

There seems to be a lot of anger bubbling up about the European PS Plus over on the the blog in relation to the changes to the service and promises not being kept about the service. People are looking over at the NA service and starting to feel a bit jipped:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/02/27/playstation-plus-march-tomb-raider-dead-nation-apocalypse-edition/

Basic breakdown of complaints is this:
    1. One less PS3 from the original line up and when compared with NA
    2. Worse sales and discounts when compared with NA
    3. Hight cost of the subscription when compared with NA
    4. Lack of replacement of the PS Vita yearly games

In fairness, when you look at the US Playstation Plus, it looks like it has a hell of a lot more games on the go at the moment.

http://us.playstation.com/playstation-plus/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

There seems to be a lot of anger bubbling up about the European PS Plus over on the the blog in relation to the changes to the service and promises not being kept about the service. People are looking over at the NA service and starting to feel a bit jipped:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/02/27/playstation-plus-march-tomb-raider-dead-nation-apocalypse-edition/

In fairness, when you look at the US Playstation Plus, it looks like it has a hell of a lot more games on the go at the moment.

US stuff is always cheaper though. Games, consoles, services are all far cheaper than their European counterparts. The XBone is like 710 usd here, 499 in the us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Have never really seen much of discrepancy in sales and discounts with the EU PS+ compared to the US one, well for the games I would be after anyway. It also is commonly known fact that the EU have got the better IGC games over the years, something the US customers complain about, so I suppose you cannot keep everyone happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A few words from Boogie

Xenji wrote: »
    Have never really seen much of discrepancy in sales and discounts with the EU PS+ compared to the US one, well for the games I would be after anyway. It also is commonly known fact that the EU have got the better instant game collection games over the years, something the US customers complain about, so I suppose you cannot keep everyone happy.

I think the US pulled up its bootstrap in relation to Plus and now seems to be pushing well ahead of the EU in terms of value. US never lost a PS3 game with the introduction of the PS4 games and whereas the PS Plus discount here is 10%, it's double that in the US. I think part of the problem is that there were promises made (like not losing a P3 game, rotation of yearly Vita games) that were quietly forgotten about and they won't reply to queries people are making about these issues on the blog. It's still a great service but their handling of it in Europe has been a bit shoddy.

Well there's pne way to combat that. US PS Plus subscription card from playasia.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,437 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Fairly petty complaints, I'd say. It's not like we're getting a shortage of games through the service, and for the longest time the EU was well ahead of the US.

People will complain about anything, really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Yeah, but in fairness we were getting infinitely better games for a good while before this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement