Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Wii U is cheaper than a PS4, though, and it' current gen, it's got the new Fifa.

Also he can play in the sitting room while you are watching TV. Might not be a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

his friends dont have one though

ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Grayditch wrote: »
    Wii U is cheaper than a PS4, though, and it' current gen, it's got the new Fifa.

Also he can play in the sitting room while you are watching TV. Might not be a bad idea.

Which also means that you can keep an eye on what he is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

never know what those 8 years could be playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I've seen parents buy resident evil, call of duty, GTA and such for kids. Not saying that would happen here but other kids could lend him a game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Since picking up the ps4 on tuesday Mark Cerny certainly was not lying when he made the claim The ps4 was build around the design of dark souls.

The connectivity between players is not just a small leap , even as early we are in current gen I can only see its potential in the next few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Anybody know why the Xbox hasn't released in countries like Holland, Sweden etc yet? It doesn't even have a release date set.

Seems very odd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

RasTa wrote: »
    Anybody know why the Xbox hasn't released in countries like Holland, Sweden etc yet? It doesn't even have a release date set.

Seems very odd

Nordic countries including Sweden are to get in in Q3 this year. Not sure about Holland, Belgium, Russia and Switzerland...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Setting up the networking infrastructure maybe???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Setting up the networking infrastructure maybe???

I would have assumed it had to do with localistion as well. I would imagine had Ireland been a country that spoke Irish and not English we would have had to wait as well. If you look at the countries where the One has been released, they were predominantly English speaking or with relatively large populations. Germany has a population of 80 million whereas Swedens is closer to 9 million people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Russia has a lot more then that tbh.

Terrible strategy imo, not even having a release date set I mean. Especially if they want to milk the Titanfall bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Watch_Dogs PS4 Bundle, no price yet for it though and a bit of Deja Vu.

5qbj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Xenji wrote: »
    Watch_Dogs PS4 Bundle, no price yet for it though and a bit of Deja Vu.

5qbj.jpg

WTF is up with watchdogs I wonder? It was hyped up massively last year, then delayed and now we hear nothing about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

WTF is up with watchdogs I wonder? It was hyped up massively last year, then delayed and now we hear nothing about it.

You're hearing something about it right now :confused:

A lot of news was leaked about it today and we got a new trailer as well, it is coming out on the 27th of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Grayditch wrote: »

Unfortunately the Wii U doesn't have the new Fifa. You can get Fifa 13 on it but that's it.

Although I do think, personally, a Wii U would be better for an 8 year old. It's best games are all suitable and Mario Kart 8 is out in May. With a PS4 you're more limited. Assassin's Creed, Battlefield, Killzone, Call of Duty are not suitable. Rayman Legends, Lego Marvel and the sports games are the only ones that might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Watch Dogs trailer has put me off it a bit, thought it was looking really promising, but the moments where the main character can control things (lights going off, bollards coming up, exploding cars, etc.) look really scripted. It looks fairly generic really.

Watch Dogs trailer has put me off it a bit, thought it was looking really promising, but the moments where the main character can control things (lights going off, bollards coming up, exploding cars, etc.) look really scripted. It looks fairly generic really.

They have downgraded the graphics quite a bit as well, I hope this is not gonna be a new trend or else The Division will have a bit of a backlash.

Gameplay graphics Now and Before, PS4.

iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Honestly, I just want the game to be *good* and the graphics isn't really an important metric there for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

This graphic pimping in trailers and then downgrading for finished product starting to get really annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not really interested in Watch Dogs any more, if it had been ready on time I'd be all over it but I rather spend my money on any one of a number of games at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Graphics are important to me. I want graphics to look great. I'm disappointed if they're not. I'll still enjoy a great game, but I can't help being disappointed, if not.

Also, I've been apprehensive about Watchdogs for a while now, and any time I express that to friends they can't believe what I'm saying. Time will tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Those graphics look like GTA4 graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Xenji wrote: »
    They have downgraded the graphics quite a bit as well, I hope this is not gonna be a new trend or else The Division will have a bit of a backlash.

Gameplay graphics Now and Before, PS4.

iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

wtf.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

that looks like a different game:( huge downgrade in graphics, certainly has put me off the game somewhat, not that excited for it anymore. Im really beginning to think both sony and especially microsoft should have made their new consoles with better graphics cards inside them, the proof is in the before and after shots of the game, what we were looking forward to looked next gen but the new graphics just look like xbox360/ps3 no better:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Graphics are never important to me and yet when I'm playing a game I'm thinking "Wow, the graphics are really good on this":confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Graphics wouldn't be overly important to me, lord knows, I play games predominantly on retro consoles....but the difference above is pretty stark. It looks like a game from the 360/PS3 era of consoles, & doesn't have a next-gen look at all about it. The before shot though, looks so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's a PS4 game? What the actual ****. Forza on the 360 looks better.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

BloodBath wrote: »
    That's a PS4 game? What the actual ****. Forza on the 360 looks better.

it's so bad it can't be, the game is also coming out on ps3/xbox360, I hope those graphics are the version from last gen consoles. Killzone Shadowfall looks a hell of a lot better than that on ps4, no way could that be the ps4 version:(?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I honestly think people are worrying way too much about a really small part of the trailer.

I'm willing to at least wait on reviews and I reckon it'll get reviewed well. We'll see in 2 months time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement