Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's official, next gen consoles not as powerful as 360 and PS3 based on Watchdog trailer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The WiiU version will be the one to own... just you watch..... any day now.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's official, next gen consoles not as powerful as 360 and PS3 based on Watchdog .gif

Fixed your post :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Typical Ubisoft.

No interest in it but Infamous SS looks nice

infamouss123456789081dgt.gif

gDXVt7BHRgvKwnam8YwVXisG5GfRj1Ucj-jcmyxZ-LqxItQsCoO7fiIEPRRgJD67zw=w1254-h520

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

The animation, particle effects and lighting looks pretty good in infamous indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Magill wrote: »
    The animation, particle effects and lighting looks pretty good in infamous indeed.

Let us hope then that they remember to put a game in there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Let us hope then that they remember to put a game in there as well.

Knowing how good last two games were I really doubt its going to be Ryse 2.0 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Knowing how good last two games were I really doubt its going to be Ryse 2.0 :pac:

Hey, Ryse was good. You wouldn't know anyway, you never played it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Xbox man here so never played Infamous, is it fair to say it's a playstation answer to crackdown mixed with prototype :confused:

Looks good but looks like I've played it even though I obviously haven't.

Not trolling here honestly curious about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

No. It wasn't :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

calex71 wrote: »
    Xbox man here so never played Infamous, is it fair to say it's a playstation answer to crackdown mixed with prototype :confused:

No it's not at all. It's far more structures than those two games which are more open and sandbox. Infamous is more mission based like GTA with a world thats no where near as much fun to explore. I've found the series incredibly dull myself although it takes a very good open world game to interest me.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Go back to your Girlfriend! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Go back to your Girlfriend! :pac:

*Fiancee* ;)

She's asleep beside me here. Might do a BK on it and whisper whilst gaming lol.

I want that base an extra 10 storeys by the time I get back on ye hear me :P

Anyway back on topic.

Batman: Arkham Knight looks good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Xbox man here

Dont worry looks like your not alone :cool:

No it's not at all. It's far more structures than those two games which are more open and sandbox. Infamous is more mission based like GTA with a world thats no where near as much fun to explore. I've found the series incredibly dull myself although it takes a very good open world game to interest me.

Maybe you guys could tell us ps4 fanbois about titanfall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Looks good but looks like I've played it even though I obviously haven't.

Not trolling here honestly curious about it.

I would describe inFamous as more of a mix between GTA and the early Neversoft Spiderman games. While I have always found the story and voice-acting good in the series, what sets it apart is the traversal mechanics. In the first two games, the character has electricity-based powers so he could 'grind' power lines and train tracks or slingshot along vertical pipes. In the new game, Delsin has multiple powers so the ways to move around are even more diverse.

I got to play it last night at that livestreaming event Sony had going in London. It was impressive graphically but it was the traversal that pleased me most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Going for £350 now in the UK however with no games

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/microsoft-xbox-one-500-gb-games-console-a29lz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I agree with you about the open ended nature, however I found the increased focus was a net positive for the series. I have never really finished a GTA game properly as the story is far too fractured that I lose interest before finishing the game. I enjoyed both infamous games (played the first through to completion twice which is rare for me).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I came very close to buying a PS4 today.

$493 AUD (€322) to arrive Paddys day from a stores online deal over here.

Had a good look at all the games released and whether there's a game right now on PS4 that is really worth buying it for and not just playing on PS3. I can't find one.

Deal ends tomorrow. Anyone want to convince me to buy this at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

irishmover wrote: »

Had a good look at all the games released and whether there's a game right now on PS4 that is really worth buying it for and not just playing on PS3. I can't find one.

for that price id have it bought already..resogun and outlast free and well worth playing..iv madden fifa nba 2k 14 and battlefield at min aswell..infamous and mgs out soon too..id buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Good price.

That said theres no games on it to justify the spend imo.

Another year or so and it'll hopefully be a different proposition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Good price.

That said theres no games on it to justify the spend imo.

Another year or so and it'll hopefully be a different proposition.[/QUim still using ps3 more and with southpark dark souls and walking dead episode out soon that wont be changing

Anyone want to convince me to buy this at that price?

What type of games do you like? Without knowing all I can do is list the games I think are good.

flower
    Rayman Legends
    FIFA 14
    Battlefield 4
    NBA 2K14
    Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
    Sound Shapes
    The Pinball Arcade
    Resogun
    Trine 2: Complete Story
    ZEN Pinball 2
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
    Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition
    Need for Speed: Rivals
    Don't Starve: Console Edition
    Outlast
    War Thunder *free
    Warframe *free
    Blacklight: Retribution *free

Then there are the games coming out in the next few weeks and months that will be good.

Batman: Arkham Knight
    Child of Light
    Daylight
    Destiny
    Fez
    Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
    inFamous: Second Son
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
    Planetside 2 *free
    SOMA
    The Evil Within
    TowerFall Ascension
    Trials Fusion
    Watch Dogs

Otacon wrote: »
    What type of games do you like? Without knowing all I can do is list the games I think are good.

flower
    Rayman Legends
    FIFA 14
    Battlefield 4
    NBA 2K14
    Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
    Sound Shapes
    The Pinball Arcade
    Resogun
    Trine 2: Complete Story
    ZEN Pinball 2
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
    Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition
    Need for Speed: Rivals
    Don't Starve: Console Edition
    Outlast
    War Thunder *free
    Warframe *free
    Blacklight: Retribution *free

Then there are the games coming out in the next few weeks and months that will be good.

Batman: Arkham Knight
    Child of Light
    Daylight
    Destiny
    Fez
    Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
    Planetside 2 *free
    SOMA
    The Evil Within
    TowerFall Ascension
    Trials Fusion
    Watch Dogs

But how many of those can I get that I can't on my PC or PS3? You mind just cutting it down to games which are either out now or coming next few months and are on PS4 but not PS3 or PC?

I'm not much of a horror genre enthusiast but would play most other including indies.

But how many of those can I get that I can't on my PC or PS3? You mind just cutting it down to games which are either out now or coming next few months and are on PS4 but not PS3 or PC?

I'm not much of a horror genre enthusiast but would play most other including indies.

Fair enough

Resogun
    Killzone: Shadow Fall *forgot that in the last list

With these two coming out later.

The Order: 1886 *forgot that in the last list

There are probably other games I am missing but that is all I can think of at the minute.

Fair enough

Resogun

There are probably other games I am missing but that is all I can think of at the minute.

Yeh I thought it would be a small amount. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

I think it's kind of answered my question that I'll be capable of waiting until later in the year.

Infamous and The order look good but I suppose I've still got plenty to get through on the PS3 and then overflow onto the PC if not on PS3.

I guess I might just divulge that money into a new Lens for my camera or something and grab the PS4 closer to the end of the year. Maybe it'll be cheaper by then, if not so be it..

Fair enough

Resogun

In fairness Sony always drop a good few Indies that I did not even expected. Diablo 3 coming out some time soon too.
    Good few free to play games on PS4 too. If you dont have PC, then you can enjoy stuff like WarThunder, Warframe, Blacklight.

If there is a good price for PS4, then I dont see why not too take it. No way PS4 will drop in to 300eu region anytime soon.

In fairness Sony always drop a good few Indies that I did not even expected. Diablo 3 coming out some time soon too.
    Good few free to play games on PS4 too. If you dont have PC, then you can enjoy stuff like WarThunder, Warframe, Blacklight.

If there is a good price for PS4, then I dont see why not too take it. No way PS4 will drop in to 300eu region anytime soon.

Well the PS4 in Australia is the equivalent of €358 at current currency conversion rate. So it's already cheaper than buying in Ireland before the 10% discount I mentioned earlier and by the way it does have free delivery.

I'm fairly certain I'll buy it and then leave it to one side in the not too distant future, or playing games I could have on my PS3.

I think my Girlfriend will be pleased I'm not getting it yet either!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yeh I thought it would be a small amount. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

I think it's kind of answered my question that I'll be capable of waiting until later in the year.

Infamous and The order look good but I suppose I've still got plenty to get through on the PS3 and then overflow onto the PC if not on PS3.

I guess I might just divulge that money into a new Lens for my camera or something and grab the PS4 closer to the end of the year. Maybe it'll be cheaper by then, if not so be it..

Thats always the case tho, PC's get most of the decent multi-platforms these days so really... theres no need to get either of the big 2 consoles, especially at the start of a new generation. Unless you want one just for handiness or can't live without Killzone or Ryse (LOL).

If you don't game on PC's, then i'd say the upgrade is worth it just for the better performance and graphical increase (Plus all the PC + PS4 only games) and the fact that you'll probably get one soon enough anyway (You'd probably only save a small amount of money if you wait a year).

I'll be looking to get a PS4 in the next few months anyway, just for something to chill out with when I want to sit in the living room.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

You'll be hit for customs and the price will end up being the same as buying it here anyway.

• Advertisement

You'll be hit for customs and the price will end up being the same as buying it here anyway.

He is not in Ireland m8.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement