Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

The "snapping" or whatever the hell they call it would be pretty cool if the console supported dual screens. I do this all the time on my PC... I "snap" a film or Netflix to my other monitor or tv. Can't imagine them both being on the same screen having the same effect tho.. sounds like the display would be very cluttered. Guess if you have a huge tv it'd be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I have always gone with Sony as the exclusives have interested me more and at least half of the Microsoft exclusives have made it to PC anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Sponge25

Damn, think I should've went with PS4. It's very hard sometimes to play some of the rarer game modes of CoD: Ghosts on the Xbox one now because of lack of players especially at off-peak hours etc.

I hope Xbox does something to entice more people to buy Xbox ones. Maybe buy sony and make all the PS4's break. haha just kidding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Sponge25 wrote: »
    Damn, think I should've went with PS4. It's very hard sometimes to play some of the rarer game modes of CoD: Ghosts on the Xbox one now because of lack of players especially at off-peak hours etc.

I hope Xbox does something to entice more people to buy Xbox ones. Maybe buy sony and make all the PS4's break. haha just kidding.

I think price is a bigger barrier than MS expected. If MS can get the price down to the same as the PS4, then I can see the Xbox doing better. I was in the same position as you last generation with the PS3 being a somewhat early adopter. I remember activision threatening to stop making PS3 games and that was almost two years after I bought it. All it took was a few great games that I really enjoyed and I was pretty happy to stick with the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Price is a huge barrier. There is no real compelling reason (or game) to justify the price difference between the two devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I really thought I'd have caved and bought an Xbox by now, but it really hasn't convinced me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Grayditch wrote: »
    I really thought I'd have caved and bought an Xbox by now, but it really hasn't convinced me.

there is nothing on either console atm to justify a purchase tbf i got mine after the pre-titanfall price cut as it was good value for me £400 for fifa, forza and nba.

and now that ive burned though the game worth playing on the one i look to the release schedule and what im midly interested in

MK8 (wii u)
    wolfenstein (pc eventually)
    watch dogs (pc pending reviews)
    UFC (XBO but is multiplatform)
    Rugby 15 (xbo but is a complete unknown atm)

then its destiny, sports games that are better on consoles and maybe halo atm

i might pick up a ps4 for last of us but again its biggest draw atm is indie titles and i already have most of them on pc

XBO is a fine system but i feel they released a year sooner than they wanted to

• Looks like Sony done a '180'

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-reverses-controversial-ps4-driveclub-upgrade-deal/1100-6419526/

If MS did this there would be uproar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You forgot to add on one game..

Glad they listened, seemed too stupid to go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

M!Ck^ wrote: »

MS did a 720 with the amount of 180s they did though. Used games, DRM, Kinect 2 etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dumb move for Sony and it got **** rightfully, it took them few days to fix it. How's that bad?

MS did a right thing with 180 too, so I am not sure what uproar you talking about m8.

• NTMK wrote: »
    there is nothing on either console atm to justify a purchase tbf i got mine after the pre-titanfall price cut as it was good value for me £400 for fifa, forza and nba.

and now that ive burned though the game worth playing on the one i look to the release schedule and what im midly interested in

MK8 (wii u)
    wolfenstein (pc eventually)
    watch dogs (pc pending reviews)
    UFC (XBO but is multiplatform)
    Rugby 15 (xbo but is a complete unknown atm)

then its destiny, sports games that are better on consoles and maybe halo atm

i might pick up a ps4 for last of us but again its biggest draw atm is indie titles and i already have most of them on pc

XBO is a fine system but i feel they released a year sooner than they wanted to
    Depressing lists this year. Nothing on that list get's me excited. Got spoiled last year.

Edit* Wolfenstien maybe

• Dumb move for Sony and it got **** rightfully, it took them few days to fix it. How's that bad?

MS did a right thing with 180 too, so I am not sure what uproar you talking about m8.
    Not doubting that, just highlighting that Sony are not as innocent as alot of people think, they tired it and quickly backtracked.
    I mean if it was MS they would be taking stick for days.

There was loads of uproar about MS at the last E3. There was alot pressure going in and after Sony dumped all over them, twice, they had no choice but to do a 180 and they wouldn't have only for Sony.

Not doubting that, just highlighting that Sony are not as innocent as alot of people think, they tired it and quickly backtracked.
    I mean if it was MS they would be taking stick for days.

I think the difference is that MS were applying their negative business practice to the platform and it took them several weeks to change direction where as here it is a single game and it took several days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

There was loads of uproar about MS at the last E3. There was alot pressure going in and after Sony dumped all over them, twice, they had no choice but to do a 180 and they wouldn't have only for Sony.

It was a PR disaster from the get-go and it was pretty easy for Sony to take advantage of that - it was hardly Sony dumping all over them. Saying it's Sony's fault for getting positive changes to the Xbox One seems kind of odd…

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, they got dumped on their heads for good reasons. MS deserved all the **** and it took them ages to do 180 and they still though they will get away with it since they announced it months before E3. The uproar finally made them to change.
    Sony are no angels at all, in fact both corporations are here to make money and will do anything they need to secure that sale. It's naive to think anything else, it's just Sony was pushing all the right buttons at the time.
    Sony tried to pull some **** right now and got putter back in to their place fast. Sony gets points for fixing it's issue right on the spot.

All this just shows that gamers have power to change stuff and put big corporations in to their places when needed. No matter which one it is, Sony or MS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Sony tried to pull some **** right now and got putter back in to their place fast. Sony gets points for fixing it's issue right on the spot.

What was that?

• sarumite wrote: »
    I think the difference is that MS were applying their negative business practice to the platform and it took them several weeks to change direction where as here it is a single game and it took several days.
    I think there well aware of that, they know the public strike quickly. That's the reason they reversed so quickly. Doesn't change the fact that they tried sneaky tactics. Plenty to learn from over the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Whats the story with Driveclub?

Is it only a demo that's going to be free and then PS+ members get a few cars and tracks (1/2 the game) and then you can go buy the retail version for more if you wish.

I thought the whole game was supposed to be free :confused:
    Now its out in October, that's some delay. It was supposed to be out with the PS4 at launch. I wonder what the problems that had that were stopping them from launching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Is it only a demo that's going to be free and then PS+ members get a few cars and tracks (1/2 the game) and then you can go buy the retail version for more if you wish.

I thought the whole game was supposed to be free :confused:
    Now its out in October, that's some delay. It was supposed to be out with the PS4 at launch. I wonder what the problems that had that were stopping them from launching it.

From my understanding you get all the features and modes from the full version but you only get 10 cars and 11 tracks.

I think there well aware of that, they know the public strike quickly. That's the reason they reversed so quickly. Doesn't change the fact that they tried sneaky tactics. Plenty to learn from over the last year.
    Agreed it was a BS move. I am not trying to change the fact that it was a BS move. However I am also not going to try and compare it to the multiples of even bigger BS moves MS tried to pull prior to the launch of the XBOne the two are very different in scale.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

First rule of the Driveclub, we don't talk about the Driveclub...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

This is so true.

uChG7Yj.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Except console lifecycles are usually more like 5 years, not 10.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Except console lifecycles are usually more like 5 years, not 10.

The Xbox 360 is 9 this year. PS3 8 and the PS2 was 7 before the PS3 came out. Xbox was 5 but it was late to the party. The PS3, PS4 and X1 are designed for 10 year life cycles.

The Xbox 360 is 9 this year. PS3 8 and the PS2 was 7 before the PS3 came out. Xbox was 5 but it was late to the party. The PS3, PS4 and X1 are designed for 10 year life cycles.
    So it happened once, where the meme I'd assume is trying to pinpoint a trend rather than something that happened once, which would be inaccurate.

Edit: Also, 10 years later, rabid anticipation, well, we shouldn't have the current gen yet. So, by any standard, it doesn't hold up.

PS2 to PS3, 6 years. PS3 to PS4, 7 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

who gives a ****.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I suppose the real point is that the vast bulk of people who will own a PS4 or a XB1 won't have bought one yet, this Christmas will probably see the sales of both exit the early adopters market and become mainstream.
    The PS3 and 360 sales being eclipsed by their replacements is the best flag for this.

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    who gives a ****.
    I don't get replies like this. They don't add anything at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement