Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

When Planetside 2 hits PS4 it's going to blow Titanfall out of the water.

How?

will all the people playing titanfall on their ps4s switch to planetside?

oh wait...........

jesus, I've been sucked back in :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Even with the console numbers I actually am a bit surprised that Infamous sold more than Titanfall on PS4.

They hype surrounding Titanfall was massive.

I'd be very interested to hear if EA actually made a profit on it with the sales and money from Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

tok9 wrote: »
    Even with the console numbers I actually am a bit surprised that Infamous sold more than Titanfall on PS4.

They hype surrounding Titanfall was massive.

I'd be very interested to hear if EA actually made a profit on it with the sales and money from Microsoft.

Can't really sell that well on Xbox One compared to PS4 when there are millions more PS4 's out there.

How many copies of Titanfall on Xbox One were sold?

How many copies of InFamous Second Son were sold on PS4?

Baring in mind that NPD is just the States so it's not the total figure sold for both games.

Of course they made profit lol. They sold over 2.5 million copies already on Xbox 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I really missed this thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

How?

will all the people playing titanfall on their ps4s switch to planetside?

oh wait...........

jesus, I've been sucked back in :eek:

Even as a PS4 user who'd have liked to have played TF I found that funny. I do see a lot of comments that its' longevity is an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Can't really sell that well on Xbox One compared to PS4 when there are millions more PS4 's out there.

How many copies of Titanfall on Xbox One were sold?

How many copies of InFamous Second Son were sold on PS4?

Baring in mind that NPD is just the States so it's not the total figure sold for both games..

I don't know but that's why I'm interested. Obviously the PS4 has sold more but I still would have expected Titanfall to sell units and have a huge attachment rate with Xbox One. I'm sure that's what Microsoft expected too.
    Of course they made profit lol. They sold over 2 million copies already on Xbox 360.

Believe me, there is absolutely no guarantee they have made a profit.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Even as a PS4 user who'd have liked to have played TF I found that funny. I do see a lot of comments that its' longevity is an issue.

Definitely due to its lack of game modes. It's a terrific game and shows how smooth a FPS should be.

Respawn will be adding more game modes but they need to move a lot faster. For a studio with just one game they need to be pushing out the updates and content a bit faster.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Everything ive listened to recently NPD figures are not exactly to be trusted explicitly either. They dont take into account any digital sales on any of the platforms, xbone, ps4 or PC whatsoever

That's very interesting. Nearly everyone I game with on Xbox One bought the digital edition of Titanfall which was quite a change for most of us. It's usually off to Gamestop we go to get our trousers wrapped around our ankles :eek:

I am genuinely surprised that infamous second son didn't make it into the top 10. It's a beautiful game.

1. Titanfall (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC)
    2. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, PC)
    3. NBA 2K14 (Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, PC)
    4. Minecraft (Xbox 360)
    5. Lego: The Hobbit (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, 3DS, Wii U, Vita)
    6. The Lego Movie Videogame (Xbox 360, 3DS, PS3, Wii U, Xbox One, PS4, Vita)
    7. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Xbox 360, PS3, DS, 3DS, PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, Vita, PC)
    8. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, 3DS)
    9. Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)
    10. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Definitely due to its lack of game modes. It's a terrific game and shows how smooth a FPS should be.

Respawn will be adding more game modes but they need to move a lot faster. For a studio with just one game they need to be pushing out the updates and content a bit faster.

Its important to remember that they're still (in comparison to COD) a very small team of about 60 people. Updates are going to take longer than normal.

Titanfall 1 is a great blueprint for the future IMO, it shows the type of experience that comes from using the azure cloud, and it'll give the respawn team confidence to push further in the future.

now, does anyone fancy teaming up for 50 capture the flag and pilot hunter games so I can get my achievements? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am genuinely surprised that infamous second son didn't make it into the top 10. It's a beautiful game.

4. Minecraft (Xbox 360)
    7. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Xbox 360, PS3, DS, 3DS, PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, Vita, PC)

There is not a single xbox one exclusive there. There are no exclusives there point blank.
    You can't expect a game to be in top charts, when it's sold only one one console.
    Titanfall in first place is not there thanks to xbox one version. the numbers are big, because it was sold on 360 and **** knows how many copies one pc. Some say that SS sold more then Xbo titanfall version. I don't know how many units, so we can't say that it sold better, because there are more PS4's.
    Titanfall was hyped to be a golden goose laying golden eggs for xbox one. It did not happened. There are already reports out there that Titanfall player base shrinking and everyone just goes back to their first choice of drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

now, does anyone fancy teaming up for 50 capture the flag and pilot hunter games so I can get my achievements? :pac:

I need 6 more Pilot Hunter Wins then I'm binging on CTF, only played one round of it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

{...}

MS has been great at listening to changes we want on the console which as seen Xbox One get frequent updates every few weeks while the PS4 has had only about 2 updates since launch.

{...}

I do have memories of people bitching about the PS3 having too many software updates. I never cared and still don't really care. Is there something that Sony need to address on their console that they refuse to address? Has MS released an OS so full of bugs they need to be constantly patching it? I'm not sure what the point is in highlighting the amount of updates a console have gotten. :confused:

Has MS released an OS so full of bugs they need to be constantly patching it? I'm not sure what the point is in highlighting the amount of updates a console have gotten. :confused:

Because a lot of what has been updated isn't fixing bugs, it's responding to feedback from users and adding new features that weren't there (granted, some things that probably should have been there from the start)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

MS has been great at listening to changes we want on the console which as seen Xbox One get frequent updates every few weeks while the PS4 has had only about 2 updates since launch.

They're not listening to you. Stop being so naive.

Changes before launch, removing DRM, always online, kinect always plugged in etc.. were the result of terrible pre-order numbers. Nothing else.

Changes after launch are for the exact same reason. They are doing whatever they can to stop the bleeding, not make you happy. They sold a measely 115k units last month. They look at the numbers, not at your feedback.

They've sh*t on all of you day one owners by announcing a kinectless bundle. You paid €100 more and they promised you that kinect was ''essential to the xbox one experience''. Six months later it is an optional addon and devs aren't going to bother working on games for it now. The creators of Octodad are the one ones I have seen say anything publically about not bothering making a kinect game anymore, but there are dozens more I bet.

I am also humored by the fact that PS4 will be the console capable of voice commands no matter what version you buy, after MS pushing it so hard at E3 less than a year ago. Voice commands are stupid if you ask me, but I still find it funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I always forget the PS4 has voice commands. Just goes to show how little I care about them.

It amazes me people get so excited over voice commands. Every new phone and tablet has had them for years, and they don't get used. It's not revolutionary.

maximoose wrote: »
    Because a lot of what has been updated isn't fixing bugs, it's responding to feedback from users and adding new features that weren't there (granted, some things that probably should have been there from the start)

Just read through them there (for those interested) about 90% of the stuff that wasn't bugfixing already exists on the PS3 (nevermind PS4). Some of it is stuff that boggles the mind that it was ever missing (usb keyboard support, really?). Some of it was on the 360 (Notifications when friends log into Xbox Live, seriously? :confused:).

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I always forget the PS4 has voice commands. Just goes to show how little I care about them.

It amazes me people get so excited over voice commands. Every new phone and tablet has had them for years, and they don't get used. It's not revolutionary.

I only used them the day I got the console. Sometimes I'll use it to take a screenshot or video clip if I have my headset plugged in.

I'm way more impressed by the fact that my PS4 can turn on my tv and switch it to the correct channel when i press the PS button :pac:.

Oat23 wrote: »
    I only used them the day I got the console. Sometimes I'll use it to take a screenshot or video clip if I have my headset plugged in.

I'm way more impressed by the fact that my PS4 can turn on my tv and switch it to the correct channel when i press the PS button :pac:.

That's pretty awesome, I assume the XB1 does it too?

It does indeed, "Xbox on" does the job too
    Some of it was on the 360 (Notifications when friends log into Xbox Live, seriously? ).

Yep, overlooking the best core functions of the 360 dash was very strange. I really hope they bring back the guide button functionality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Wait... There's voice commands on PS4!! I've had the think since day1 and i've only found out now :P

That's pretty awesome, I assume the XB1 does it too?

XB does it via Kinect. PS4 does it if you turn on HDMI Link in the settings.

Does xbox do it via HDMI link too? Not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

4. Minecraft (Xbox 360)

Because they're the April sales. Infamous SS was released around mid-March

March:
    1. Titanfall (XBO, PC)
    2. inFAMOUS Second Son (PS4)
    3. South Park: The Stick Of Truth (360, PS3, PC)
    4. Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, NWU, PC)
    5. Dark Souls II (PS3, 360)
    6. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360)
    7. NBA 2K14 (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, PC)
    8. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3, PSV)
    9. The LEGO Movie Videogame (360, PS3, 3DS, NWU, XBO, PS4, PSV)
    10. Minecraft (360)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Actually it does in all.

What's the point of "xbox on" if you still need to go get the controller anyway?Just press the button and there ya go. Just as quick.

I suppose I forget about the voice commands because the share button is just as handy to press

They're not listening to you. Stop being so naive.

Yes, they have.

We have been providing feedback since day one. We have been asking for features and additional benefits. am I missing something because we are on the MS Xbox forums asking for features and providing feedback then our suggestions are being added weeks later :confused:
    Changes before launch, removing DRM, always online, kinect always plugged in etc.. were the result of terrible pre-order numbers. Nothing else.
    Yes, these were great changes to happen. Pre orders was the best way to gauge it for them and I am delighted they got the message loud and clear.
    Changes after launch are for the exact same reason. They are doing whatever they can to stop the bleeding, not make you happy.
    Some changes such as a Kinect-less option are completely to increase sales and nothing to do with existing owners of the Xbox One. Changes that make me happy are removal of pay walls, better games with gold offerings, Deals with gold announced, changes to the system, performance updates, exclusives, etc etc.
    They've sh*t on all of you day one owners by announcing a kinectless bundle. You paid €100 more and they promised you that kinect was ''essential to the xbox one experience''. Six months later it is an optional addon and devs aren't going to bother working on games for it now.

Not at all. I own the Kinect and for me it is an essential part of the OS so I haven't lost anything or feel annoyed with Microsoft. Everyone I game with on Xbox One has no issue at all with MS trying to make the Xbox One more enticing purchase.
    I am also humored by the fact that PS4 will be the console capable of voice commands no matter what version you buy, after MS pushing it so hard at E3 less than a year ago. Voice commands are stupid if you ask me, but I still find it funny.

The voice commands on PS4 aren't in the same league but a good point that you can use it on every PS4 but it's still isn't a patch on what Kinect can do. Not stupid to me at all. I walk into my room and say Xbox, on and all my equipment powers up instantly.

Penn wrote: »
    Because they're the April sales. Infamous SS was released around mid-March

March:
    1. Titanfall (XBO, PC)
    2. inFAMOUS Second Son (PS4)
    3. South Park: The Stick Of Truth (360, PS3, PC)
    4. Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, NWU, PC)
    5. Dark Souls II (PS3, 360)
    6. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360)
    7. NBA 2K14 (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, PC)
    8. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3, PSV)
    9. The LEGO Movie Videogame (360, PS3, 3DS, NWU, XBO, PS4, PSV)
    10. Minecraft (360)

It really dropped off the face of the earth after 15 days. It shouldn't have. It's an awesome game. I'd really like to see the figures for how many copies were sold in March and April.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

They've sh*t on all of you day one owners by announcing a kinectless bundle. You paid €100 more and they promised you that kinect was ''essential to the xbox one experience''. Six months later it is an optional addon and devs aren't going to bother working on games for it now. The creators of Octodad are the one ones I have seen say anything publically about not bothering making a kinect game anymore, but there are dozens more I bet.

id have bought my xb1 at launch price with or without a kinect tbh as would alot of other early adaptors of the console.

and as said already, kinect only games aren't the mainstay of the kinect. Its what it ADDS to current games on xb1 and how it brings a different level of interacting with games like BF4 etc.

leaning around corners via your kinevt or calling for a medic or ammo etc

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It really dropped off the face of the earth after 15 days. It shouldn't have. It's an awesome game. I'd really like to see the figures for how many copies were sold in March and April.

A lot of sites say it sold over 1m in 9 days (which would be the end of March). Don't know about April though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

XB does it via Kinect. PS4 does it if you turn on HDMI Link in the settings

it will do it if you take the extra effort option of hitting the power buttton even with no kinect once its configured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

It was still the best selling next gen game so it didn't really drop off. Just last gen is still selling much better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement