Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

How?

will all the people playing titanfall on their ps4s switch to planetside?

oh wait...........

jesus, I've been sucked back in :eek:

No, smartass but I know plenty of XboxOne owners who will be selling their xboxones for planetside2 and The Last of Us on PS4.

As a console shooter Planetside2 will be far better than Titanfall, its a shame.you Microsoft fanboys will never get to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

No, smartass but I know plenty of XboxOne owners who will be selling their xboxones for planetside2 and The Last of Us on PS4.

As a console shooter Planetside2 will be far better than Titanfall, its a shame.you Microsoft fanboys will never get to play it.

Unless they have a PC. Running MS Windows OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I just use youtube the odd time tbh. If I'm stuck on a game I can just pause it and watch a vid on my phone, then just throw the phone down and unpause.

No switching apps and typing on the console needed, so it's much faster.

While playing a game I can just say Xbox, snap YouTube or snap Twitch and I can watch a video while playing through a game.

It was very handy when I started playing Call of Duty Ghosts and didn't know a decent class set-up. I watched a video while rigging up my class in snap mode. Awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Just as Titanfall was on PC too.

I never got people claiming exclusivity on those games when they were on PC too, and in better quality.

Could be using Steam OS aswell, smartasses everywhere!!!

• Advertisement

Could be using Steam OS aswell, smartasses everywhere!!!

Could be, just suggesting how a "MS Fanboi" might play it ;)

ahhh sure we'll just play Planetside 2 on the PC :D

See what I did there lol.

With a remastered The last of us and other goodies I'll consider buying the PS4 and putting it into my Xbox One HDMI input. The nest of both worlds.

While playing a game I can just say Xbox, snap YouTube or snap Twitch and I can watch a video while playing through a game.

It was very handy when I started playing Call of Duty Ghosts and didn't know a decent class set-up. I watched a video while rigging up my class in snap mode. Awesome.

Double tapping the PS button switches from your game to an app with youtube instantly too.

I'm still not getting the appeal. My phone has Siri built in and I never use it only to set my alarm when I'm too lazy to do it manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I keep forgetting about Planetside 2. It's probably all I'll play for a good while. Now that's a beast of an exclusive.

Just as Titanfall fall was on PC too.

I never got people claiming exclusivity on those games when they were on PC too, and in better quality.

Your're right.

We should just say its never coming to PS4 :D

Its way less complicated than saying what its exclusive to.

• Advertisement

Double tapping the PS button switches from your game to an app with youtube instantly too.

I'm still not getting the appeal. My phone has Siri built in and I never use it only to set my alarm when I'm too lazy to do it manually.

I thought the PS4 doesn't have a Youtube app yet.
    Also I can play both my game and YouTube/Twitch video on the same screen at the same time. Simples :D

I have an iphone and ipad and I never use Siri. Its not good voice controls that make Kinect 2.0 great its what you can do with them. Functions.

I thought the PS4 doesn't have a Youtube app yet.
    Also I can play both my game and YouTube/Twitch video on the same screen at the same time. Simples :D

I have an iphone and ipad and I never use Siri. Its not good voice controls that make Kinect 2.0 great its what you can do with them. Functions.

You can use youtube in the PS4 browser.
    It's something I wouldn't care about, as I said your controller can do all that, and now with kinect gone, that's what many will be using and I honestly don't see them missing anything.

You can use youtube in the PS4 browser.
    It's something I wouldn't care about, as I said your controller can do all that, and now with kinect gone, that's what many will be using and I honestly don't see them missing anything.

Thats because you are not an Xbox One owner. If Kinect was optional back in November I wouldn't have bought it. However having used it now I see its great value and I very happy I got it with the Xbox One.

New comers can purchase the Kinect if they wish and I'd highly recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Thats because you are not an Xbox One owner. If Kinect was optional back in November I wouldn't have bought it. However having used it now I see its great value and I very happy I got it with the Xbox One.

New comers can purchase the Kinect if they wish and I'd highly recommend it.

i use the thing for searching netflix, QR codes and thats it. its a good piece of kit but i wouldnt buy it if it wasnt a pack in

i did find it quite funny when i got a technical foul called against me in nba 2k14 for farting though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

It won't appeal to everyone. You not seeing much use for it doesn't mean the features are not well received. I didn't think much of them myself until i used them - changing channels on your tv from your phone might be redundant but it is cool.

Have you tried them yourself out of interest?

It won't appeal to everyone. You not seeing much use for it doesn't mean the features are not well received. I didn't think much of them myself until i used them - changing channels on your tv from your phone might be redundant but it is cool.

Have you tried them yourself out of interest?

I have, my sisters bf has one. I've tried the old one loads too.

They just don't appeal to me personally as I found myself just doing it with the controller instead. And if it was €100 or more for extra voice commands I couldn't see how they were worth it tbh.

Boogie talking about how great Kinect 2.0 is and his hopes that MS will keep supporting it. He is very pro Sony and he owns an Xbox One. Like many of us he hated the idea of Kinect until he tried it.

I tried it, I don't like it. Many people won't either, many people will. Stop forcing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I think I can settle this:

Some people like the idea of Kinect
    Some people don't
    Microsoft are now catering to both markets, not just the one.

I tried it, I don't like it. Many people won't either, many people will. Stop forcing it.

:rolleyes:
    I am simply giving my opinion and recommendation why perspective Xbox One owners should buy Kinect 2.0 :confused:

Out of interest what did you do with Kinect 2.0?

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:
    I am simply giving my opinion and recommendation why perspective Xbox One owners should buy Kinect 2.0 :confused:

Out of interest what did you do with Kinect 2.0?

I think he meant Microsoft need to stop forcing it, not you chief!

Long time no gaming... must boot up black ops 1 some night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

He is very pro Sony..

No he is not, stop saying this.

Benzino wrote: »
    No he is not, stop saying this.

Boogie is very pro Sony. I have watched his videos for years. He is a big Sony fan and says it all the time in his videos. I not saying this is a bad thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIZiA_qzYA4 @ 2:40

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Boogie is very pro Sony. I have watched his videos for years. He is a big Sony fan and says it all the time in his videos. I not saying this is a bad thing.

Ah I didn't recall him saying that, fair enough and fair play to him for admitting it.

I think he meant Microsoft need to stop forcing it, not you chief!

Long time no gaming... must boot up black ops 1 some night!!

Yepp, definitely. I still have blops 1 & 2. Remember this kill you got me with :D

Literally says slightly pro PlayStation, not very pro Sony. But he makes good points.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Can you still use voice commands on the Xbox One with your regular headset?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I just use youtube the odd time tbh. If I'm stuck on a game I can just pause it and watch a vid on my phone, then just throw the phone down and unpause.

No switching apps and typing on the console needed, so it's much faster.

I just Alt+Tab :)

Grayditch wrote: »
    Can you still use voice commands on the Xbox One with your regular headset?

No you cant use the voice commands with a headset. The Xbox One doesn't use traditional voice commands. It converts voice to IR functions. This allows it to do a lot of really nice functions which mean it needs Kinect 2.0.

• Advertisement

Yepp, definitely. I still have blops 1 & 2. Remember this kill you got me with :D

Jesus there was some great kills in our private games actually, might pick up XBL for a month and get some blops 1/2 going!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement