Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Its called a white lie. We know that Respawn back in 2012 approached Sony & Microsoft and Sony told them to make a PS Vita version instead. Later Respawn ran out of money and Microsoft made an investment in the Titanfall project.

Vince was just trying to keep the Sony crowd from jumping on him because things were heating up for him on Twitter at the time so he pointed to EA and Microsoft and said "They're the bad guys" and the heat was off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Its a very good game. Its the smoothest FPS I have ever played and its crazy funny. What lets it down is a lack of content. Gamemodes particularly. Also plenty of people still playing Cod Ghosts and BrokenField 4 as well as others games.

If it was on PS3 & PS4 it would be the best game ever lol. Overall the game has been received very positively and I'll bet when Titanfall 2 becomes cross platform it will be a mega hit.

lol, really :confused:
    It would have been huge on PS3 & PS4. If they had foresight they could have secured a Sony exclusivity deal. There were plenty of multi platform games on both XB1 and PS4 at launch so these studios would have known the spec of each console so they could develop for them.

Its worrying that you have 2 founders of one of the worlds best selling FPS franchise of all time saying we want to make a PS4 version and Sony says there's the door..... build a PS Vita version :rolleyes:

That's very sensationalist, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Nah, Titanfall is a great game. It's just severely lacking in content, which means you end up getting bored with it very quickly compared to other FPS games. PS4 could have done with it, much better game than Killzone. Hopefully the next one is out on the PS4 too (I personally don't care, will get it on the PC :P )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Its called a white lie. We know that Respawn back in 2012 approached Sony & Microsoft and Sony told them to make a PS Vita version instead. Later Respawn ran out of money and Microsoft made an investment in the Titanfall project.

Vince was just trying to keep the Sony crowd from jumping on him because things were heating up for him on Twitter at the time so he pointed to EA and Microsoft and said "They're the bad guys" and the heat was off :)

I didnt realise you are such good mates with the devs for them to tell you the true story

I find this hard to believe. If they ran out of money, surely EA would have just given them more? They are the publishers after all.

In my opinion, EA were been clever. They knew the install base would be low on next-gen consoles, coupled with the fact it was a new IP so you can never tell how well it will do. So they signed an exclusive agreement to recoup some of the development costs. When you see MS paying $50m for GTAIV DLC, you can imagine they were happy enough to cough up a significant amount of money for Titanfall too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Killzone SF has sold almost the same amount on PS4 than Titanfall on the Xbox One. Infamous isn't a million miles behind. If Sony secured Titanfall 2, by then more people will have PS4's and missing out on TF1 won't really be that big a deal. At least EA and Respawn won't need to knock any doors down to get Sony to take on TF2.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I didnt realise you are such good mates with the devs for them to tell you the true story

It doesn't take a genius to work it out...

In 2012 you talk to Sony and they wont tell you anything about the PS4 and say "ahhh sure just make a PS Vits game"

One day late in the Titanfall development process your company runs out of money and then magically you walk into work and find massive funding in your company bank account... how did that get there :rolleyes:

Fast forward to late 2013 and you say on Twitter ...
    Always MS exclusive at launch, great partner and focus is good for a startup. EA made a deal for the rest, we only found out recently =(

Give me a break lol, they knew nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Its a very good game. Its the smoothest FPS I have ever played and its crazy funny. What lets it down is a lack of content. Gamemodes particularly. Also plenty of people still playing Cod Ghosts and BrokenField 4 as well as others games.

I find this strange. Does your experience of fps games extend beyond cod and battlefield ? Smoothest you've ever played ? :rolleyes:

Lack of content for a online mp shooters is a lame excuse.. there are many games that have much less content yet have stayed relavent for many years. CS has barely changed in 15 years.. one game mode, handful of maps. Couple dozen guns.. and it's still the most played shooter on PC and growing. Titanfall has been out a couple of months and the playbase has fallen considerably since it peaked in weak one to the point where some playlists have huge wait times due to lack of players.

Magill wrote: »
    I find this strange. Does your experience of fps games extend beyond cod and battlefield ? Smoothest you've ever played ? :rolleyes:

I would have to agree with him/her. It's probably the smoothest, fastest paced FPS I have played (and that includes the likes of CoD, BF, UT, Quake, HL, DoD, TF etc etc).

Lack of content for a online mp shooters is a lame excuse.. there are many games that have much less content yet have stayed relavent for many years. CS has barely changed in 15 years.. one game mode, handful of maps. Couple dozen guns.. and it's still the most played shooter on PC and growing. Titanfall has been out a couple of months and the playbase has fallen considerably since it peaked in weak one to the point where some playlists have huge wait times due to lack of players.

Yet, Titanfall is the best selling game in both March and April. Hmmmm.

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    I would have to agree with him/her. It's probably the smoothest, fastest paced FPS I have played (and that includes the likes of CoD, BF, UT, Quake, HL, DoD, TF etc etc).

I'm sorry... what ? I guess you played these games for about 5 minutes ? The pace that games of quake, HLDM( I'm assuming that's what you meant) can achieve is off the chart compared to titanfall, and even these games are quite slow compared to something like painkiller/tribes. I guess because of how noob friendly titanfall is compared to some these games, you might get confused.

What do you mean by "Smoothness". What that says to me is netcode... in terms of hit boxes and registration, animations and just general feel to the game. In which It's not even close to being the smoothest.

Yet, Titanfall is the best selling game in both March and April. Hmmmm.
    Which only proves my point ? Lots of hype = sales, lack of quality staying power = dead game within a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Oat23 wrote: »
    Titanfall has been a disappointment so who cares. Microsoft can have Titanfall 2, 3, 4 and 5 as well if they want.

I love shooters and have absolutely no desire to play it after watching streams on twitch.

So you haven't even played it, but you are chiming in. This entire thread summed up in one post.

I'd have bought Titanfall on PS4, enjoyed it and sold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

only problems with titanfall for me are the lack of guns and game modes
    they have the potential to make alot more gamemodes
    I wouldnt mind an snd type gamemode for it
    but the game is far from dead , well at least it is on the x1 , I find games within seconds, the only thing that takes ages is the countdown timer, 60seconds between each game, that should be reduced to 30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Grayditch wrote: »
    Killzone SF has sold almost the same amount on PS4 than Titanfall on the Xbox One. Infamous isn't a million miles behind. If Sony secured Titanfall 2, by then more people will have PS4's and missing out on TF1 won't really be that big a deal. At least EA and Respawn won't need to knock any doors down to get Sony to take on TF2.

I'd say Killzone has sold more considering it's been out a lot longer, and inFamous is about even, it outsold the X1 version of Titanfall in April.

Which only proves my point ? Lots of hype = sales, lack of quality staying power = dead game within a few months.

Hype does not put a game on the best sellers list 2 months in a row.

lol, how is it dead?

lol, how is it dead?

I don't really follow sales charts so not sure what list you're talking about. I'd assume it's top of xbone list because.. frankly.. it has no competition. If it's all platforms.. I'd assume it's because the 360 version wasn't release until a month or so after ?

If you'd actually read my posts you'd realise that I'm talking about the PC version, you know, the platform with more than 3 decent shooters to choose from.

lol, how is it dead?

It released on Xbox One in march, so that's the reason it was the top seller there. It released on Xbox 360 in April, that's the reason it was the top seller then. In April it wasn't the top seller on the XBox One so it's obvious there was a big drop off. You're making too big of a deal of top seller twice in a month when it had two separate release dates.

I don't really follow sales charts so not sure what list you're talking about. I'd assume it's top of xbone list because.. frankly.. it has no competition. If it's all platforms.. I'd assume it's because the 360 version wasn't release until a month or so after ?

If you'd actually read my posts you'd realise that I'm talking about the PC version, you know, the platform with more than 3 decent shooters to choose from.

Where are your stats to show the death of Titanfall on the PC?

Where are your stats to show the death of Titanfall on the PC?

The fact that they've started removing game modes because there isn't enough people playing them?

• Advertisement

The fact that they've started removing game modes because there isn't enough people playing them?

Link to the resource that states Respawn removed CTF due to the game dying and because there isn't enough people playing it?

Also Capture the Flag is still in the variety playlist in Titanfall on PC.

Link to the resource that states Respawn removed CTF due to the game dying and because there isn't enough people playing it?

Also Capture the Flag is still in the variety playlist on Titanfall on PC.

http://www.titanfall.com/news/addressing-updates-to-pc-playlists

Regardless of the fact the gamemodes are available in variety, it shows they don't have the player count to properly populate gamemodes that are usually very popular in other games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

The fact that people are still playing one of the worst FPS i've ever played(Cod Ghosts) and a game that doesn't even work (BF4) kind of highlights the fact that the competition is null, and the fact they're playing such broken games doesn't say good things about Titanfall to be honest.

If it was on PS3 & PS4 it would be the best game ever lol. Overall the game has been received very positively and I'll bet when Titanfall 2 becomes cross platform it will be a mega hit.

I wouldn't hold your breath there to be honest, Planetside 2 will most likely be on PS4 before Titanfall 2 is, I doubt it's going to be a "Mega Hit" at any stage.
    lol, really :confused:
    It would have been huge on PS3 & PS4. If they had foresight they could have secured a Sony exclusivity deal. There were plenty of multi platform games on both XB1 and PS4 at launch so these studios would have known the spec of each console so they could develop for them.

Its worrying that you have 2 founders of one of the worlds best selling FPS franchise of all time saying we want to make a PS4 version and Sony says there's the door..... build a PS Vita version :rolleyes:

It's not that worrying to be honest, Titanfall isn't that good anyway, and they have their own Flagship FPS in PS2, I doubt they were too bothered about a second rate shooter not being developed for them.

edit - From what I've heard, it's also next to near impossible to find an actual game without waiting 5-10 minutes in the lobby, and even then you may only get to play one game before you've to wait again, definitely not enough people playing it.

Also Capture the Flag is still in the variety playlist in Titanfall on PC.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/respawn-has-removed-ctf-pilot-hunter-modes-titanfall-pc-matchmaking

There's also this from raptr where it's not even in the top 40 on terms of player numbers.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/05/15/raptr-pc-gamers-are-playing-way-more-count-strike-battlefield-4-and-team-fortress-2-than-titanfall/

http://www.titanfall.com/news/addressing-updates-to-pc-playlists

Regardless of the fact the gamemodes are available in variety, it shows they don't have the player count to properly populate gamemodes that are usually very popular in other games.

That just says they removed it because it wasn't a popular playlist. :confused: That doesn't say they removed it because the game is dying lol.

You obviously missed this part of their statement.
    Respawn wrote:
    We have an amazing and large PC audience with the vast majority of users predominantly playing Attrition and Hardpoints game modes

That just says they removed it because it wasn't a popular playlist. :confused: That doesn't say they removed it because the game is dying lol.

Read between the lines..
    You obviously missed this part of their statement.

To use your own words; "Its called a white lie."

We are starting to go a bit off course. Moving on from Titanfall on the PC I'll go back to my initial point.

My point was that Sony fell asleep behind the wheel by not sitting down with Respawn Studios to formulate a PS4 version of Titanfall. It was the first huge mistake Sony made on PS4.

Telling 2 of the founders of Infinity ward "ahhh just make a PS Vita version" was a massive blunder.

I wonder has Sony learnt from this mistake. Are they more sharper now to make sure a highly anticipated game doesn't slip through their fingers or have they started to become too complacent.

Sony would have moved a serious amount of copies of Titanfall.

I feel like that's about the third time I've read that post on these last few pages.

Well.. you're the one that constantly goes on about titanfall like it's the greatest game ever made. PC stats suggest it's not even remotely close to such a title, it's not even in the top 25 most popular games on the platform having peaked at like 14 or something then dropping to the point where there isn't enough people to populate the already limited game modes.

Anyway, ill agree to stop pointing this out if you agree to stop acting like titanfall is the holy grail of shooters.

• Advertisement

All this talk of Titanfall put me in the mood to give it another bash. haven't loaded it up in over a month and just after exiting the game after waiting 3 minutes for a match. Going to give Rising Storm a few hours instead

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement