Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Magill wrote: »
    Why do people get so upset when PC gamers mention features available on the platform ? Retro has said its fine to discuss PC/Wii-U on this thread since they're direct competition with the PS4/XB1.

Theres discussing PC and then theres acting the dick about it esp when you go on about freeding greedy corporations while paying large money to intel/amd/Nvidia/Samsung for your components

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Why do people get so upset when PC gamers mention features available on the platform ? Retro has said its fine to discuss PC/Wii-U on this thread since they're direct competition with the PS4/XB1.

I guess because it usually goes like this

PC: I can play anything I want AND my computer sucks me off while I get to look at two screens and 4 keyboards.

Consoles: Meh, I'm too incapacitated by the detritus of snacks and cans covering me and my lazyboy to care…

PC: You're blind! The corporations have ensnared you in their hypnotic marketing spiral of madness! I laugh at you and your fellow beings! Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I don't consider a PC to be in competition with any console. Most people I know own a PC and a console. I'd consider them more as companions rather than competitors.

I think talking about PC in this thread is a little bit pointless. Talking about all the next gen consoles is a much better discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

PS3 emulation is not far off and Double Dash can be played through Dolphin. As for exclusives, PC destroys consoles every time.

It's not even going to be the same. I got a playstation for the exclusives like uncharted, the last of us, god of war and journey.

There's nothing like that on PC. Plus how would I play MP TLOU on PC, or couch multiplayer with double dash?

I like PC, but this "master race" stuff is pretty pathetic. You were a die hard X1 fan and now you're like one of those ex smokers who never stops going on about how he quit and how bad it is for you to the point of nausea.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

When said features are pretty much illegal piracy then it's hard to make a case for them. In fact it goes against the charter here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Its a bit sad really :pac:

No what's sad is not recognizing you've been buttf****d by Sony & Microsoft. What's sad is when someone points to a better platform to buy you get all uppity and want them to leave the thread. What's sad is spending a load of money on a console that can't play the latest games in 1080p. Stop drinking the kool aid and realise you've been had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

No what's sad is not recognizing you've been buttf****d by Sony & Microsoft. What's sad is when someone points to a better platform to buy you get all uppity and want them to leave the thread. What's sad is spending a load of money on a console that can't play the latest games in 1080p. Stop drinking the kool aid and realise you've been had.

Why does it bother you so much what other people do or buy?

It's like people bitching about others buying iPhones when it won't affect their lives in anyway.

It's all so juvenile.

Stop drinking the kool aid and realise you've been had.

Ffs…

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

4Dlolz wrote: »
    Can't understand people buying consoles.

Exclusives? People are willing to fork out nearly 500 quid now to play Halo 5 in a year and a half from now?! To each his own but it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me.

I like not having to upgrade some component every second year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This is gas.

People ignoring the idea of subjectivity, ignoring the preferences of others, screaming "I WAS RIGHT, YOU ARE WRONG". Validating themselves with hilariously sanctimonious statements!

There is one dodgy game we all come back to. It's multi platform, cross platform, frustrating, repetitive, and has no end. It's called something like " PS4 vs Xbox Thread" and days like today, we should be all having a good laugh at it!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

lertsnim wrote: »

You prefer the option of not being able to upgrade at all then?!

Right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'm more of a Sunny D fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

4Dlolz wrote: »
    You prefer the option of not being able to upgrade at all then?!

Right.

If I was stuck with an underpowered console for the next 8 years I would love the option to upgrade the hardware.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I'm more of a Sunny D fan.

It turns you orange if you drink too much. Which is what you'd do. Because you own a console and you're blind so you won't know how much you're putting into the glass…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

lertsnim wrote: »

i don't really agree with slating consoles but this point about the need for upgrades doesn't really hold any water. the specs of the consoles aren't going to improve, so why would you need to upgrade your pc every couple of years? its possible to build one right now which would greatly out-perform and more than likely outlast this entire generation of consoles, without the need for any upgrades down the line. and besides that, the ability to upgrade is a positive thing. never ceases to amuse me when people try to paint lack of features in a positive light.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Alright back on track everyone. Bans will be handed out past this post for instances of pc master racism or people spouting dumb uninformed fallacies about pcs or upgrading every second week or whatever (both as bad as each other).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeah. That told 'em! Besides, we all know that the Atari Jaguar is the real master race round here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Alright back on track everyone. Bans will be handed out past this post for instances of pc master racism or people spouting dumb uninformed fallacies about pcs or upgrading every second week or whatever (both as bad as each other).

Boo to you sir, i was enjoying the rather eccentric views of both sides of the extremist curtain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

i believe I've come full circle, this thread now makes me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

In my opinion: PS4>XOne. Well, both systems are great. I had X360 and now PS3. Microsoft has some advantages, and Sony has them too, as well as disadvantages. Why I finally choose Sony console? It's simple, because all my friends have PS - more games to play online + great deal with PlayStaion Plus membership. Good games for free - (in price of membership). If I find better job I will buy both of new consoles, for now only PS4 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

carti2k wrote: »
    In my opinion: PS4>XOne. Well, both systems are great. I had X360 and now PS3. Microsoft has some advantages, and Sony has them too, as well as disadvantages. Why I finally choose Sony console? It's simple, because all my friends have PS - more games to play online + great deal with PlayStaion Plus membership. Good games for free - (in price of membership). If I find better job I will buy both of new consoles, for now only PS4 :)

that kind of rational thinking and reasoned response wont earn you many friends around here buddy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

that kind of rational thinking and reasoned response wont earn you many friends around here buddy. :pac:

He's not your buddy!! Friend.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

It's just my opinion. I love playing games, it's one of my hobbies. No matter on which platform I play - PC, PS, X, Dreamcast (do you remember it? :D) it's always fun to me.
    And I don't understand people who argue which console is better. We're gamers - games connect us, don't let the console wars divide us.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Grayditch wrote: »
    This is gas.

People ignoring the idea of subjectivity, ignoring the preferences of others, screaming "I WAS RIGHT, YOU ARE WRONG". Validating themselves with hilariously sanctimonious statements!

There is one dodgy game we all come back to. It's multi platform, cross platform, frustrating, repetitive, and has no end. It's called something like " PS4 vs Xbox Thread" and days like today, we should be all having a good laugh at it!

As long as you have a browser on your device you can play PS4 vs Xbox thread too!
    It's great!
    But is it better with a the MS servers or not?

• Putting the thread out of it's misery would be the best thing to do, it reached it's conclusion at the end of the poll.
    Suggest running another poll next years perhaps?
    If you skip back every twenty pages the same nonsense roundabout arguments over and over about what console has the biggest E-Cock, then top it off with ' PC Master Race' boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Putting the thread out of it's misery would be the best thing to do, it reached it's conclusion at the end of the poll.
    Suggest running another poll next years perhaps?
    If you skip back every twenty pages the same nonsense roundabout arguments over and over about what console has the biggest E-Cock, then top it off with ' PC Master Race' boredom.

Sometimes interesting things arise. Like MS dropping the Kinect.

• Sometimes interesting things arise. Like MS dropping the Kinect.
    Then in fairness it can be discussed in the Xboxs forum.

M!Ck would you please stop with the backseat modding. The thread will keep going as long as there's stuff to discuss. If it dies, it will die of its own accord. This thread serves a higher purpose.

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    M!Ck would you please stop with the backseat modding. The thread will keep going as long as there's stuff to discuss. If it dies, it will die of its own accord. This thread serves a higher purpose.

Sounds like your suggesting this is something I am accustomed to doing :confused:

Backseat modding would be you call out other people for breaking the rules and saying "you should be banned".

It was about time somebody said it to be fair.

And to note: 'Suggestions on another poll'..... I didn't say actually to do it.

• Advertisement

The rules for backseat modding cover a lot of things but asking for a thread to be closed or suggesting it should be fall under it for me. Don't make a big deal out of it I just want you to stop in this case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement