Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If only there was some way of unfollowing the thread.

The fact that it opens my laptop up and starts reading it out in a robotic voice distresses me, sometimes.

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The rules for backseat modding cover a lot of things but asking for a thread to be closed or suggesting it should be fall under it for me. Don't make a big deal out of it I just want you to stop in this case.

Look I'm not looking to make a deal about it either. We can discuss in private.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was playing Minecraft with my buddies for the last 5 hours, what did I miss?

• Grayditch wrote: »
    If only there was some way of unfollowing the thread.

The fact that it opens my laptop up and starts reading it out in a robotic voice distresses me, sometimes.

Glad I don't have one of those laptops, it would do my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Real life! Ba-dum-tish!

Just kidding, real life is a buggy mess.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Grayditch wrote: »
    Real life! Ba-dum-tish!

Just kidding, real life is a buggy mess.

The havok physics are ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

1080p though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

NTMK wrote: »
    Their market share pre ps3 was about 5:1 on their competitors they're never regaining that and Devs arent going to turn down the Xbox one because it only sold 4mill units in 6 months espically at the cost of development now.

They've alrwady began snuffing the XB1. They cancelled the XB1 version of amazing spider man and the other day it was revealed moto gp 14 won't be coming ot the xbox 1. The worse it gets the more this will happen and the easier it is for sony to secure exclusives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Kirby wrote: »
    Yeah. That told 'em! Besides, we all know that the Atari Jaguar is the real master race round here.

pfft. 7800 for life :D

Multi console owners are the real master race. I've a Vita/DS/PS3/PS4/360/PC. I don't feel jealous when anybody brags about their system I just say pffft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Multi console owners are the real master race. I've a Vita/DS/PS3/PS4/360/PC. I don't feel jealous when anybody brags about their system I just say pffft.

Fully agree with that, I have about 20 consoles and handhelds knocking about the apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Completely agree multi console owning is the best, I feel like the king of the world swaggering down the street knowing I have 2 Wiis sitting at home

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Wait.... you actually have time to play games too!?

Discussing and raging about games takes up too much of my time :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You probably shouldn't start that willy waving, we Arcade and Retro peeps have you all well beat.
    I have approximately 50+ consoles right now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Oh look at me, I have 50+ consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You probably shouldn't start that willy waving, we Arcade and Retro peeps have you all well beat.

There's your mistake, a pc would have been a better choice than 50 pieces of inferior hardware :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

They've alrwady began snuffing the XB1. They cancelled the XB1 version of amazing spider man and the other day it was revealed moto gp 14 won't be coming ot the xbox 1. The worse it gets the more this will happen and the easier it is for sony to secure exclusives.

as far as im concerned
    spiderman and moto gp, sony can keep em
    their awfull :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Yep. Sony can have em and we'll have Titanfall.

Yep. Sony can have em and we'll have Titanfall.

well if it was out of them 3 then titanfall would be the best pick imo
    would like to have the last of us though see whats all the fuss is about

All this back and forth is tiresome, it's like 5 year old kids arguing int he playground. Does it really matter what platform you play your games on? And does anybody else find it incredibly sad that people think themselves superiors to others because they own a certain platform?

Personally I opted for the PS4 over the XboxOne, the reasons include Sony being more open to creating a machine for gaming, the fact that they have given indie developers free reign to do as they please and the fact that their exclusives are more appealing to me. Doesn't mean that I'm not tempted to pick up a One when the price is right and a game comes along that I really want to play. I do most of my gaming on my PC but love that I can sit down in front of the TV and grab a controller from one of the two dozen consoles beside my TV and lose a few hours. Sure I could play many of them on my PC but the hassle isn't worth it.

• Advertisement

All this back and forth is tiresome, it's like 5 year old kids arguing int he playground. Does it really matter what platform you play your games on? And does anybody else find it incredibly sad that people think themselves superiors to others because they own a certain platform?

Personally I opted for the PS4 over the XboxOne, the reasons include Sony being more open to creating a machine for gaming, the fact that they have given indie developers free reign to do as they please and the fact that their exclusives are more appealing to me. Doesn't mean that I'm not tempted to pick up a One when the price is right and a game comes along that I really want to play. I do most of my gaming on my PC but love that I can sit down in front of the TV and grab a controller from one of the two dozen consoles beside my TV and lose a few hours. Sure I could play many of them on my PC but the hassle isn't worth it.

It's a discussion on a thread called ps4 vs x1 what do you think would happen :L

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Meanwhile back in reality Amazing Spiderman is sitting at number 5 in the XB1 sales charts :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Gamestop.ie , Xbox Store

Moto GP is exclusive for next gen to PS4 (personally never liked bike racing games anyways and Moto GP 13 had an average review rating of 6/10 rating to boot and was apparently god awful so I'd say they are just happy to have any console to be exclusive on at this stage)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

miju wrote: »
    Meanwhile back in reality Amazing Spiderman is sitting at number 5 in the XB1 sales charts :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Gamestop.ie , Xbox Store

Moto GP is exclusive for next gen to PS4 (personally never liked bike racing games anyways and Moto GP 13 had an average review rating of 6/10 rating to boot and was apparently god awful so I'd say they are just happy to have any console to be exclusive on at this stage)

I think the point is that developers are finding it difficult to work with the XBone in much the same way as they struggled with the PS3. Anyone who tried to play bayonetta at launch will appreciate the poor ports of some games that were on the PS3.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Well sorry grandaddy, maybe I'll catch up to you someday :D

There's your mistake, a pc would have been a better choice than 50 pieces of inferior hardware :-)

How many games over the years would he never of gotten to play or had to wait years for an emulator? You still can't play PS3 games on PC.

You might pay 30 quid for the cinema for you and your woman or you could just download it illegally a month after it released.

PC gaming doesn't suit 95% of gamers (including the mobile/tablet crowd) and it never will. I've a PC that can play most games yet I never use it.

People go on till the cows come home about how great PC is yet the vast majority of us chose not to game on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

How many games over the years would he never of gotten to play or had to wait years for an emulator? You still can't play PS3 games on PC.

You might pay 30 quid for the cinema for you and your woman or you could just download it illegally a month after it released.

PC gaming doesn't suit 95% of gamers (including the mobile/tablet crowd) and it never will. I've a PC that can play most games yet I never use it.

People go on till the cows come home about how great PC is yet the vast majority of us chose not to game on it.

http://www.techspot.com/news/52070-pc-game-sales-hit-20-billion-last-year-no-signs-of-slowing.html

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    as far as im concerned
    spiderman and moto gp, sony can keep em
    their awfull :pac:

have you played both these games? one is not even out yet. but that's not my point. the point is all these little games going exclusive add up. Last gen both of those would have been on 360 for sure;.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    It's a discussion on a thread called ps4 vs x1 what do you think would happen :L

But when the discussion reaches the level of petty insults then what's the point. The discussion had in recent pages became plain stupid and theres no need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

:o Ignorance is bliss, right ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭Evade

How do a billion PC gamers manage to only spend $20 billion on games? I've probably spent more than $20 on games for my low spec laptop in the last year does that make me a PC gamer?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement