Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Sorry I was talking UK trends not worldwide which is skewed heavily by chinese/other asian gamers playing pc. In the report I read for the UK it said only 7% of revenue for gaming was for PC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

I don't approach a PC vs. console debate with the attitude along the lines of "ah, I'm better than you". Not at all and I don't believe anyone with two brain cells would do so.

I think the reason PC people go on the way they do is more along the lines of "guys, why the hell are you allowing yourself to be fleeced?". They're offering advice. But as soon as PC gets brought up, console owners assume the defensive position automatically.....it's mad. Calm the F down....

We're trying to get you cheap as chips games, no more Xbox Live subscriptions, no more Netflix subscriptions or overpriced DLC's....surely you would want this information?! I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Speaking of feck all to play on new consoles. My ps4 was gathering dust like a champ. I needed twice to clean air vents as those got cloged so Damn badly.
    I got recently second son for it and I play ps4 almost every evening. I even played ps4 last Saturday night, which is extremely rare for me. I usually hang out on vent and play with lads on pc.

Got bf4 too. So far i play a lot more of it on PS4, due to my lazy nature lately. It's fun in ps4 and makes **** net code less obvious.

SS is a very good game and the first game to show off next gen graphics for console. I am impressed with it a lot and I did some crazy eye candy on my pc. It's very rare I play games for several hours like I do SS. It says a lot. I was surprised how much achievements people get for this game too. Looks like people actually playing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Speaking of feck all to play on new consoles. My ps4 was gathering dust like a champ. I needed twice to clean air vents as those got cloged so Damn badly.

I'd say you might be better off cleaning the house if the air vents have gotten blocked twice in the space of 6 months.

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    How many games over the years would he never of gotten to play or had to wait years for an emulator? You still can't play PS3 games on PC.

You might pay 30 quid for the cinema for you and your woman or you could just download it illegally a month after it released.

PC gaming doesn't suit 95% of gamers (including the mobile/tablet crowd) and it never will. I've a PC that can play most games yet I never use it.

People go on till the cows come home about how great PC is yet the vast majority of us chose not to game on it.

Ah I was only being a smartarse with the superior pc comment!
    Its grand for fellas to be saying that they can emulate all sorts of stuff, but I'd wager that 99% of users are downloading ROMs illegally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'd say you might be better off cleaning the house if the air vents have gotten blocked twice in the space of 6 months.

Ha I can't speak for him , nor can I speak for PS4 but the Xbox One and it's controller are absolute dust magnets!!!!!!!! I'm not kidding, I picked up my pad which is sat beside the 360 one and you would swear it had been months since the place had seen a hoover and duster, the 360 one had no dust on it at all. I've since given them a wipe with some of those wipes for glasses miss calex uses that are anti static and that seems to be keeping the dust at bay for now.

Next thing you know dust bunnies will be walking my console and pad out the door :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

4Dlolz wrote: »
    We're trying to get you cheap as chips games, no more Xbox Live subscriptions, no more Netflix subscriptions or overpriced DLC's....surely you would want this information?! I would.

:rolleyes:

Because most/a lot of your information is to use illegal means! If everybody did what you suggested, there would be no Netflix and a hell of a lot of game companies would go out of business.

Just cause you are happy to use illegal means, doesn't mean everybody else is.

calex71 wrote: »
    Ha I can't speak for him , nor can I speak for PS4 but the Xbox One and it's controller are absolute dust magnets!!!!!!!! I'm not kidding, I picked up my pad which is sat beside the 360 one and you would swear it had been months since the place had seen a hoover and duster, the 360 one had no dust on it at all. I've since given them a wipe with some of those wipes for glasses miss calex uses that are anti static and that seems to be keeping the dust at bay for now.

Next thing you know dust bunnies will be walking my console and pad out the door :pac:

do you have carpet in the room where your xbox is? I find that its never as bad if there is, wooden floors / tiles dont seem to "absorb" any of the dust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Benzino wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Because most/a lot of your information is to use illegal means! If everybody did what you suggested, there would be no Netflix and a hell of a lot of game companies would go out of business.

Just cause you are happy to use illegal means, doesn't mean everybody else is.
    I'm sure he meant the value of Steam and Humble bundle compared to psn and xbox store

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'm sure he meant the value of Steam and Humble bundle compared to psn and xbox store

I dunno, what is a legal alternative to Netflix with no sub? He/she has previously mentioned using emulators to play console games, including PS3.

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    I dunno, what is a legal alternative to Netflix with no sub? He/she has previously mentioned using emulators to play console games, including PS3.

I don't believe in intellectual property, such are my politics. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

have you played both these games? one is not even out yet. but that's not my point. the point is all these little games going exclusive add up. Last gen both of those would have been on 360 for sure;.

Spiderman is out for the x1 where do you get your info? Moto go probably the only reason it's an exclusive is because ms refused it haha seriously though have you played any moto gp games. Hell any bike games at all. Their all awful I'd rather play lococycle and that game is close to one of the worst games I've ever played . Motor bike games just don't work majority prefer cars and even car games now a days are lacking. Hopefully drive club is decent though

calex71 wrote: »

I dunno how the joypad attracts so much dust haha it's horrible even on the inside or the drumsticks it's a pain in the arse. I don't get why they made the console like a dust magnet surely it be better without the dust

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Spiderman is out for the x1 where do you get your info? Moto go probably the only reason it's an exclusive is because ms refused it haha seriously though have you played any moto gp games. Hell any bike games at all. Their all awful I'd rather play lococycle and that game is close to one of the worst games I've ever played . Motor bike games just don't work majority prefer cars and even car games now a days are lacking. Hopefully drive club is decent though

As someone who has ridden motorcycles on racetracks in real life, I can see why the games seem lacking, if you're not trying to put in perfect laps, it's very punishing (just like real life). They're actually not a bad simulation, but it's not exactly 'fun'

More scope for bashing and barging with car games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

have you played both these games? one is not even out yet. but that's not my point. the point is all these little games going exclusive add up. Last gen both of those would have been on 360 for sure;.

only one is ps4 exclusive out of those two games and its far from a must have. Id dare say more games going exclusive like moto gp would be worse for ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I can understand some reasons as to why people may opt for a console over a PC but in this day and age with all that the PC has to offer you - cheap as chips games, free movies, free TV, emulators (I play Wii games on my PC and all the Halo games, PS2 and PS3 games FREE), Everything is FREE. EVERYTHING.

Then you have XBMC that launches when you turn on your PC. You never have to even see the Windows screen ever again. PC's do everything you could possibly want them to do and everything at the fraction of the cost. You have mods galore, open source communities. The thing with PC's though is you just need to know how to use them and how to get the best out of them.

And you've missed the point of console gaming: convenience.
    I think the reason PC people go on the way they do is more along the lines of "guys, why the hell are you allowing yourself to be fleeced?". They're offering advice. But as soon as PC gets brought up, console owners assume the defensive position automatically.....it's mad. Calm the F down....

As a mostly-PC gamer myself who loves spending time and money on my own machine, I think people have every right to be upset at your posts. Your attitude and "advice" is extremely condescending and off-putting. You sound like a Jehova's Witness or a 15-year-old Reddit atheist who is convinced that the only reason everyone doesn't think the same way as them is because they haven't seen the big truth that you have. You can bring up PC gaming without calling everyone who plays consoles "blinded brainwashed masses" (your exact words) or people with "eyes wide shut" and misrepresenting console prices such as calling the Xbox One a €600 console a few pages back. Learn to accept that not everyone wants the exact things you do.

You could say you don't believe in statutory rape, it's still against the law and encouraging it is still going to get you a warning from the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

C14N wrote: »
    And you've missed the point of console gaming: convenience.

As a mostly-PC gamer myself who loves spending time and money on my own machine, I think people have every right to be upset at your posts. Your attitude and "advice" is extremely condescending and off-putting. You sound like a Jehova's Witness or a 15-year-old Reddit atheist who is convinced that the only reason everyone doesn't think the same way as them is because they haven't seen the big truth that you have. You can bring up PC gaming without calling everyone who plays consoles "blinded brainwashed masses" (your exact words) or people with "eyes wide shut" and misrepresenting console prices such as calling the Xbox One a €600 console a few pages back. Learn to accept that not everyone wants the exact things you do.

The funny thing is that if we all did what he did the number of quality titles releasing would drop tenfold. I could have modded by xbox last gen and gotten tons of free games but i didn't because i like to support the people that make the games and need support. You can't hack the ps3 or ps4 but if you could i wouldn't. Same with PC. I can get games on it for free but i don't do it. Soon enough I'll be buying the new age of mythology release off steam when i can easily get that for free.

So it is unusual to have dust on item not used in 6 month?! I must be a filthy animal. :(
    I wonder why ps3 had no issues with it after 7 years. I would not say it was used that much too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's illegal and shouldn't be promoted.
    So, if you don't care about copyright then fire away.
    But please don't see it as cool, or such, it's just theft.
    If you are "cool" with theft, fine, just don't come on Boards to promote it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

That's not politics. That's a flimsy justification for thieving. There's plenty wrong with how intellectual property is handled, such as the rise of patent trolls in the US, but none of that justifies what you are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,437 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Please no promotion or boasting of illegal activity, we have no tolerance for that kind of thing on boards. And with good cause!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

You just don't want to pay money for something. Its not politics, its greed. You could at least be honest about your motives, if nothing else. Cognitive dissonance ftw!

C14N wrote: »
    You could say you don't believe in statutory rape, it's still against the law and encouraging it is still going to get you a warning from the mods.

That's physical aggression. You're comparing apples and oranges.
    That's not politics. That's a flimsy justification for thieving. There's plenty wrong with how intellectual property is handled, such as the rise of patent trolls in the US, but none of that justifies what you are doing.
    sarumite wrote: »
    You just don't want to pay money for something. Its not politics, its greed. You could at least be honest about your motives, if nothing else. Cognitive dissonance ftw!

The fact of the matter is that the majority of laws in this world have zero justification save for the whims and arbitrary demands of egotistical megalomaniacs. If you smoke weed in the privacy of your own home, then your criticism of me is hypocritical. Everyone "breaks the law", just in their own little ways. But what is "the law" as you see it? Decrees from God?!

The individual that decided to put this data on the information freeway has entered the contract with the seller to pay for this product. I, on the other hand, have entered no such contract and therefore I am completely without liability. Such is capitalism.

And to the mods, intellectual property is a debate that gets discussed all over boards.ie - there is nothing wrong or forbidden about discussing it's damaging affect on our gaming industry by stifling innovation and progress.

Well that escalated quickly!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

This thread just keeps on delivering, I don't even care which console I should get at this stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

This thread just keeps on delivering, I don't even care which console I should get at this stage :D

You should care.

Atari cares.

The fact of the matter is that the majority of laws in this world have zero justification save for the whims and arbitrary demands of egotistical megalomaniacs. If you smoke weed in the privacy of your own home, then your criticism of me is hypocritical. Everyone "breaks the law", just in their own little ways. But what is "the law" as you see it? Decrees from God?!

The individual that decided to put this data on the information freeway has entered the contract with the seller to pay for this product. I, on the other hand, have entered no such contract and therefore I am completely without liability. Such is capitalism.

And to the mods, intellectual property is a debate that gets discussed all over boards.ie - there is nothing wrong or forbidden about discussing it's damaging affect on our gaming industry by stifling innovation and progress.

how the fook does stealing intellectual property on a pc have anything to do with the ps4 or xbox one? I'd even read pc gamers go on about their spec systems then listen to you ****e on all day about intellectual property:pac:

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    how the fook does stealing intellectual property on a pc have anything to do with the ps4 or xbox one? I'd even read pc gamers go on about their spec systems then listen to you ****e on all day about intellectual property:pac:

I was told I was "stealing". I am just explaining my position. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This thread went from Atari Jaguar to Statutory Rape way later than I expected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Hmm, you accuse someone of comparing apples and oranges and yet…

Outstanding logic. Because you steal it, it means you haven't entered into a contract and thus you don't have to worry about the consequences of your actions. I'm hazarding a guess here but do you indulge in a bit of freemanism on the side? Arr, that maritime law is a harsh mistress…

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement