Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Magill wrote: »
    I never really thought that the consoles don't justify the price, eventually... you will get your worth out of it. I WILL pick up both at some point, probably a PS4 within the next year and a XB1 down the line when theres a few good exclusives and the price drops.

If you don't have a PC and generally just game on the consoles, i see no real reason not to pick up a PS4 or XB1 if you can afford it. Even just for multiplatform games, high/smoother framerates make games better, in some cases substantially better.

It's more to do with the cost of buying early. It's more expensive and the hardware/software is usually weaker than future iterations. That said, I too would probably buy one for multiplatform games if I didn't have a PC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

Still waiting for the first 90%+ game on either platform . Fez doesn't really count for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

My PS4 wouldn't work on Staurday morning. First thought was "Sh*t", second was "I'm going to have to go down to ******* now and get one"
    Started working but still considering getting a spare - had 2 PS3s.

Have nothing against other consoles and I'm really happy for the PC master race but I just like the sony machine. :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

gimli2112 wrote: »
    My PS4 wouldn't work on Staurday morning. First thought was "Sh*t", second was "I'm going to have to go down to ******* now and get one"
    Started working but still considering getting a spare - had 2 PS3s.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    And yes I want toasted sandwich in the future :pac:

I have some reliable sources in the industry and they've given me a heads up for the next gen consoles.

The Playstation 5 will have an optional sandwich toaster attachment, but because it's optional it's expected that game support will be limited, and will probably end up just being a few fancy sandwich making demos.

The Xbox Two will have a top of the line sandwich toaster integrated into the console, this will be a core piece of the console and the console will not work without it. This will ensure sandwich making functionality is integrated into all games. To guarantee the best possible quality of sandwich, the toaster will only work with Brennan's bread. The Xbox Two will also use a sophisticated camera system, along with a sensor that you swallow, backed up by highly advanced cloud processing to automatically calculate when you are hungry and need a sandwich.

edit: I've just received an update from my contact, apparently the Xbox Two will now work with any type of bread!!!

edit2: Another quick update, due to privacy concerns a manual mode has been added to the toaster. So you don't need to swallow a sensor, you can just manually tell it to make you a sandwich.

edit3: One more update, apparently the Xbox Two will be available without the sandwich toaster, which you can then buy separately as an add on.

• Advertisement

• stevenmu wrote: »
    I have some reliable sources in the industry and they've given me a heads up for the next gen consoles.

The Playstation 5 will have an optional sandwich toaster attachment, but because it's optional it's expected that game support will be limited, and will probably end up just being a few fancy sandwich making demos.

The Xbox Two will have a top of the line sandwich toaster integrated into the console, this will be a core piece of the console and the console will not work without it. This will ensure sandwich making functionality is integrated into all games. To guarantee the best possible quality of sandwich, the toaster will only work with Brennan's bread. The Xbox Two will also use a sophisticated camera system, along with a sensor that you swallow, backed up by highly advanced cloud processing to automatically calculate when you are hungry and need a sandwich.

edit: I've just received an update from my contact, apparently the Xbox Two will now work with any type of bread!!!

edit2: Another quick update, due to privacy concerns a manual mode has been added to the toaster. So you don't need to swallow a sensor, you can just manually tell it to make you a sandwich.

edit3: One more update, apparently the Xbox Two will be available without the sandwich toaster, which you can then buy separately as an add on.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I predicted it years ago.
    Keno wrote: »
    I want the new one to be able to make toast!

xbox-toaster.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The big announcement at the E3,
    The PS5!

nova-nt-233hdg-400x400-imadpxpnbreefu9d.jpeg

Care is needed, as the dual touch pads on the inside get very very hot.
    Apparently Sony are insisting they are used in games so Nathan Drake is going to be swinging through an awful lot of places on fire, as well as frequenting a Deli for a minigame or two involving making lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Playing Watch Dogs on my PS4 and have to say it's a very good game. Campaign is decent and the side missions/activities are cool. 30% complete after 3 days and the online works great the way people can randomly enter your game and hack or tail you without you even knowing. The graphics are good but after playing infamous second son they could be a lot better.

It's on PS3 and 360 too so it's prob not a good enough reason to upgrade just yet. The exclusive content is pretty good but not worth fussing over either if you don't have it on the PS3/PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Advertisement

Good move Sony
    Next month, PlayStation Plus will reach its 4th year milestone. PS Plus has evolved a lot as a membership since then. We’ve provided our PS Plus members with numerous exclusive discounts, access to betas, demos and even select games early, and of course,free games to play through our Instant Game Collection. As our members have grown with us from our introduction on PS3, PS Vita and now PS4, together we have built a strong community of gamers around the world.

The excitement around PlayStation 4 has been tremendous, and it has been exciting to see how quickly our dedicated community has rallied around the system, adopting and engaging with its features and spreading the word about what makes PS4 the best console available. PlayStation Plus has been an essential part of PlayStation 4, providing access to next-gen online multiplayer and a steady stream of great games including Resogun, Outlast, Don’t Starve and Mercenary Kings. Since we are always looking to continue evolving PS Plus to be a service that really serves our community, we are excited to provide a more balanced set of games introduced each month with PS Plus. As you’ll see below, starting in June, members will have access to two titles per month for each of our platforms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

RasTa wrote: »
    Good move Sony

They are removing the yearly games though so from now it'll just be the 2 games per platform and nothing else. It's causing a bit of a stink over on the blog.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Best advised to simply not read the comments on Playstation Blog. Sony could give away every newly released game on PS Plus and the commenters would still find a way to complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Best advised to simply not read the comments on Playstation Blog. Sony could give away every newly released game on PS Plus and the commenters would still find a way to complain.

There's a tremendous amount of moaners on that blog, it is true. Doesn't change the fact that they're phasing out the annual games.

There's a tremendous amount of moaners on that blog, it is true. Doesn't change the fact that they're phasing out the annual games.

Phasing out the annual games is a good thing, means more games no? Thought it was pretty pointless myself

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

How could that be a bad thing? the way it works right now with ps4 is fair and good. you pick that game that month, when new one comes it the old one goes away. I take 2 games per month on Ps4, then one game sitting there for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It was a good incentive for people getting a Vita. Having Uncharted and Gravity Rush there for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

36 games a year across 3 platforms is pretty solid for 50 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

yeah i've stopped reading it because after reading great news the posters somehow manage put you on a downer! Some of the things I've read on there. One comment said he's switching to XB1 because of it. He obviously doesn't realize he'd have no "free" games so far if went with and XB1.

TBH I've 6/7 games form PS Plus that I haven't even started playing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

COYVB wrote: »
    36 games a year across 3 platforms is pretty solid for 50 quid

That you have no say over what games they are. As someone with particular tastes, that wouldn't suit me at all. Most of the games I'd want on PS+ I already have and got for dirt cheap anyway and own them forever.

That said, it's brilliant deal for most users especially if you have a vita alongside your ps3/4.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Always meant ask how much is a game like COD Ghosts to buy on PS4 digitally?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

miju wrote: »
    Always meant ask how much is a game like COD Ghosts to buy on PS4 digitally?

More expensive than if you bought it off Amazon anyway. You could get it off the American PSN for €43 but then only US DLC will work with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

€69.99 on an irish account afaik

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

More expensive than if you bought it off Amazon anyway. You could get it off the American PSN for €43 but then only US DLC will work with it.

cheers thanks. I though PS4 was region free no?

miju wrote: »
    cheers thanks. I though PS4 was region free no?

It is, but DLC is region locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

I decided to buy myself an xbone to complement my PS4, been quite happy seeing the new side of MS and bought it for the exclusives. Got a sweetdeal so I'm happy.:D

I only sold my X1 last week. PS4 just does everything it does but offers me a better interface and takes up less space plus the games play and look a bit better to boot. Got a WiiU to replace it and complements the PS4 far better than the X1 can or will do imo. Just no exclusives coming to the X1 that made me want to keep it except maybe Halo 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    yeah i've stopped reading it because after reading great news the posters somehow manage put you on a downer! Some of the things I've read on there. One comment said he's switching to XB1 because of it. He obviously doesn't realize he'd have no "free" games so far if went with and XB1.

TBH I've 6/7 games form PS Plus that I haven't even started playing yet.

That started this week on the One. There were 2 free games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

beercr8te wrote: »
    I decided to buy myself an xbone to complement my PS4, been quite happy seeing the new side of MS and bought it for the exclusives. Got a sweetdeal so I'm happy.:D

Looking to get one myself. Mind me asking what the deal was?

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    Looking to get one myself. Mind me asking what the deal was?

There is a Kinectless version coming out very soon for €400. I'd hold off till after E3 and see what's coming and when.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement