Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anybody get an xbox one thats defective? Looks like microsoft are trying to soften the blow.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-26-microsoft-gives-free-game-to-those-with-faulty-xbox-ones

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

EoinHef wrote: »
    Anybody get an xbox one thats defective? Looks like microsoft are trying to soften the blow.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-26-microsoft-gives-free-game-to-those-with-faulty-xbox-ones

Well, it is always expected that some of the units will be fecked. It's just matter of how badly media will swing it out of control. I am surprised they did not tried as hard to label Xbox one as "doomed for life" device.

As for MS - fair play. Something is better then nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Francis has a great rant about Micro Transactions and makes some very good points.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Xenji wrote: »
    That is a bit of a outdated list from 5 months ago, here is a updated one from a few pages back

Sure that looks like a lot but there's a lot of indie games. I'd rather AAA titles myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

DaLad wrote: »
    Sure that looks like a lot but there's a lot of indie games. I'd rather AAA titles myself.

It is all about taste, I have enjoyed some indie games more than AAA titles, while I have friends that would not even give them a second look, The Order 1886 is the only AAA Title on that list I am looking forward to in fairness at the moment and Shadow of the Beast, looking forward to a lot more PS3 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Francis has a great rant about Micro Transactions and makes some very good points.

I haven't watched the vid but I am sure I would agree with him...I mostly hate them myself.\\

Just watched it and I totally agree with him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

That is a bit of a outdated list from 5 months ago, here is a updated one from a few pages back

Not much better to be honest, for my taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

What's the deal with Playstation 4's online service?
    I know PS+ is back. But can you play online for free? Do you need PS+ to access netflix?

I had a pet peeve about the xbox 360 in that you needed gold to access netflix. It was annoying because you pay for netflix but if you ran out of gold they wouldnt let you use the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I know PS+ is back. But can you play online for free? Do you need PS+ to access netflix?

I had a pet peeve about the xbox 360 in that you needed gold to access netflix. It was annoying because you pay for netflix but if you ran out of gold they wouldnt let you use the app.

Netflix works without plus but online play requires it.

The exception is any F2P games which won't require plus.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You do not need PS+ for Netflix or other subscription services.

You do for online play.

• Advertisement

As far as I'm aware you do need PS+ for online gaming but you don't require it for apps like netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

F1ngers wrote: »
    You do not need PS+ for Netflix or other subscription services.

You do for online play.

I think free-to-play online games (warframe, DCUO) do not require PS+.

As far as I'm aware you do need PS+ for online gaming but you don't require it for apps like netflix.

You dont even need PS+for Free to play games.

You dont even need PS+for Free to play games.

Yeah 2 people above already mentioned that. F2P games usually suck tho lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Generally when it's just forced onto a none F2P game at the last minute, I've play a lot of PLanetside 2 and can't wait for the PS4 version as well as giving DC universe another go on PS4.

WTF?! :confused:

WTF?! :confused:

??

??

Free to play games dont suck. Some of the best games I ever played were F2P games. There is **** out there, but there are a lot off good stuff too.

The ones that coming to PS4 - Warframe, Planetside 2, BlackLight Retribution are on of the best ones out there.

Free to play games dont suck. Some of the best games I ever played were F2P games. There is **** out there, but there are a lot off good stuff too.

The ones that coming to PS4 - Warframe, Planetside 2, BlackLight Retribution are on of the best ones out there.

*Suck in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

*Suck in my opinion

Have you played Warframe, Blacklight Retribution or Planetside 2? Or War Thunder and DC Universe Online?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

*Suck in my opinion

Which ones have you played?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

*Suck in my opinion

Just wondering, have you played Planetside 2? Do you dislike it because it's F2P or do you dislike it because you just don't like it?

The first time I played it I don't think I could have identified it as F2P. Sony Online Entertainment do a really good job with their F2P stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I still cant fathom how PS2 is F2P. Its a much better game than some of the bigger named FPS games I'e paid good money for. Such a good game imo. Cant wait to get on Ps4 playing it. My laptop could never run it really well :(

Otacon wrote: »
    Have you played Warframe, Blacklight Retribution or Planetside 2? Or War Thunder and DC Universe Online?

Warframe, Blacklight & Planetside 2 on Steam. Didn't really like any of them but then again I didn't play them for long for same reason.

War Thunder does look decent however and nope never tried DC Universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I can't wait to play all those F2P games!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

f2p games suck ?!?! WTFBBQ ? PS2, Tribes, League of legends, Dota, World of Tanks, path of exile and Team Fortress 2 disagree !

Granted most of those won't be coming to a console anytime soon :P

Magill wrote: »
    f2p games suck ?!?! WTFBBQ ? PS2, Tribes, League of legends, Dota, World of Tanks, path of exile and Team Fortress 2 disagree !

Granted most of those won't be coming to a console anytime soon :P

In my opinion I said

Lol it's a matter of game taste I suppose. I just don't like a lot of them is all. World of Tanks looks cool but I suck at it and there's too much waiting around after that lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Im waiting for the slim versions. Might be tempted by the PS4/Vita bundle rumoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭photofinish

I do not understand the fan boys on either side saying one or the other console is rubbish.

I went for Xbox One myself as I like their exclusive games like Forza and I love the Halo games.

At launch Xbox One has the stronger lineup of games and that is not saying much.

Most game are out for the two Call of Duty higher res on PS4 of better frame rate on Xbox One however I bet the vast majority of people could not tell the difference.

If the PS4 has a price drop at some point I may pick that up too at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Can't see the PS4 dropping under 400 anytime soon. It's a great price, in fairness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement