Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

There is a Kinectless version coming out very soon for €400. I'd hold off till after E3 and see what's coming and when.

no point waiting around for the 400e kinectless one
    when you can get an xbox one with a game with kinect for the same price

sure even on littlewoodsireland you can get titanfall x1 and kinnect for 434e which is brilliant price imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I'm holding of on buying a PS5 as there just no good games out for it, FFXV would make me take the plunge though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I had the original XB1 day one edition and swapped it for the PS4.
    No games on that either so switched back as I'd a few digital downloads.
    Was debating whether to buy a PS4 again but there's still sod all games for it that interest me so I got a PS3 instead.
    That way I get to play games I missed out on when I moved to the next gen like GTA5 and The Last Of Us.

I like the XB1 interface but the PS4 beats it hands down on power.
    I'm a big PC gamer so I look for resolution and 1080p just about cuts it especially on FPS games. The XB was a big disappointment in this regards.
    I understand MS's thoughts at the time but like the kinect v1 they made more mistakes that should have learned from.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Adamantium wrote: »
    I'm holding of on buying a PS5 as there just no good games out for it, FFXV would make me take the plunge though.

Yeah. PS5 definitely needs more games...................................

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Kirby wrote: »
    Yeah. PS5 definitely needs more games...................................

Last Guardian and HL3 will be launch titles.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

joe123 wrote: »
    Looking to get one myself. Mind me asking what the deal was?

I got a titanfall bundle with kinect at Littlewoodsireland.ie for 439 euro free delivery, worked out handy for me as I can pay it off weekly, I had seen the one in argos with titanfall, but it also came with watchdogs and I have that on ps4, not to mention I hadn't the cash flow to buy it at 470 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

I only sold my X1 last week. PS4 just does everything it does but offers me a better interface and takes up less space plus the games play and look a bit better to boot. Got a WiiU to replace it and complements the PS4 far better than the X1 can or will do imo. Just no exclusives coming to the X1 that made me want to keep it except maybe Halo 5.

I'm planning on getting the Wii U too during the summer, I guess I'm repeating what I did last generation and bought all 3 consoles. My primary console will always be PS4 this gen, last gen it was x360.

The X1 is just for the few exclusives that interest me and hopefully if the rumours are true the halo's 1-4 HD remake.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Saw that,

Looks wicked, TF on acid....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Pretty good offer for the One in Argos

€470 with Kinect, Titanfall and Watch Dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Fieldog wrote: »
    Saw that,

Looks wicked, TF on acid....

Played it on PC when it was just out and it is a lot of fun. Sony is doing the very right thing by offering all those awesome free to play games. So far my most played games on PS4 are Warframe and BF4. It will be Warframe and Warthunder as they got Ground forces on PS4 too. Loudout is going up there too!

Played it on PC when it was just out and it is a lot of fun. Sony is doing the very right thing by offering all those awesome free to play games. So far my most played games on PS4 are Warframe and BF4. It will be Warframe and Warthunder as they got Ground forces on PS4 too. Loudout is going up there too!

This, Planetside 2 and H1Z1 look to be solid F2P games, I agree with you there, Sony really upped their game with all these F2P games....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Great news about Loudout on PS4. More to look forward to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

This, Planetside 2 and H1Z1 look to be solid F2P games...

Really looking forward to playing H1Z1

miju wrote: »
    Really looking forward to playing H1Z1

PC master race edition?

:-)

PC master race edition?

:-)

yep, funnily played though my xb1 hdmi input and controller lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wouldn't recommend that.

Dat input lag....

Varik wrote: »
    Wouldn't recommend that.

Works fine with other games with minimal enough input lag

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Are they designing the PC version with controllers in mind ? I'd have thought the entire UI and stuff would be redesigned for the PS4, couldn't imagine playing rust or dayz with a controller lol, not only would you get slaughtered.. it just doesn't make any sense !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I haven't played H1Z1 but id say the controls are a bit simpler than arma, if its coming out on consoles they must have a way to make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

It depends really. Shooters are just really hard to make good on PC with controller support. Especially online shooters, the console version will be designed to use a controller and thus the menus, aim assist etc will probably be different. Honestly... take away all the impractical parts of a Dayz with a controller and just worry about aiming and shooting. It would be near impossible to not suck donkey balls without aim assist ! Even against just the zombies !

Im not saying it won't work on consoles btw, Diablo 3 works on consoles, but it doesn't mean you can use a gamepad on the PC version !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

MadYaker wrote: »
    I haven't played H1Z1 but id say the controls are a bit simpler than arma, if its coming out on consoles they must have a way to make it work.

Playing DayZ with a keyboard is still awkward, the Real Virtuality engine isn't the best suited for the game.

MadYaker wrote: »

http://n4g.com/news/1524727/h1z1-release-date-leaked-before-e3

I wonder is there any truth to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I know some people were holding off till E3 to decide so here's my 2 cents.

It was meh.

Sony and Microsoft didn't show anything we didn't already know was coming with the exceptions of titles like LBP3 and Crackdown 3.

I really wish they would remained completely tight-lipped on a big title or two and actually make it exciting.

Plenty of games this year to keep me happy but if you're not too pushed waiting till this xmas is probably the best thing for either console. 2015 looks like it will be the first "big" year for the new generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    I know some people were holding off till E3 to decide so here's my 2 cents.

It was meh.

Sony and Microsoft didn't show anything we didn't already know was coming with the exceptions of titles like LBP3 and Crackdown 3.

I really wish they would remained completely tight-lipped on a big title or two and actually make it exciting.

Plenty of games this year to keep me happy but if you're not too pushed waiting till this xmas is probably the best thing for either console. 2015 looks like it will be the first "big" year for the new generation.

I disagree I think this year is a big year for the new generation. Starting from September on wards theirs loads of different types of games been released up until Christmas. If anything this Christmas would be a great time to get a next gen console

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

No Man's Sky looks just fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mark.Smith90

Xbox One all the way with the new Halo reboots coming exclusively to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

As someone who's only played small bits of halo and the MP, that collection would definitely make me think of getting an Xbox One if I had the money/time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'd buy a console for new games myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement