Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

RasTa wrote: »
    I'd buy a console for new games myself.

For me, it's 4 new games.

• tok9 wrote: »
    For me, it's 4 new games.

Great oppurtunity for anybody who hasn't played any of them. Halo 2 is still so enjoyable for lan play. I would have no problem picking it up for the multiplayer but the fact so much content included its a bonus.

Here's hoping Xbox live is supporting the coop.
    I might twist your arm yet :P

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Here's hoping Xbox live is supporting the coop.
    I might twist your arm yet :P

Ha no chance.. cannot be buying another console only for them to gather dust for a year or 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I have fantastic memories of Halo, but like an ex, I think it's time to move on, no matter how many times she turns up at your door with an Scout Rifle... in the Warthog...not sure where I'm going with this...

• Grayditch wrote: »
    I have fantastic memories of Halo, but like an ex, I think it's time to move on, no matter how many times she turns up at your door with an Scout Rifle... in the Warthog...not sure where I'm going with this...

Sounds like your having a mental battle...Just give in to temptation :P

The coop / multi is a big draw but again to state Xbox live better support all of it, MS have been a little bit cagey on it. I would like some clarification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I might set up a H2 Lan night, but getting an Xbox One for one, I dunno. I still havent watched MS's E3. I just bought an iMac, I don't want to see a bunch of stuff I think I'll need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Is the 'Atari Jaguar' poll choice a euphemism for the Wii U?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Is the 'Atari Jaguar' poll choice a euphemism for the Wii U?

Beetch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I disagree I think this year is a big year for the new generation. Starting from September on wards theirs loads of different types of games been released up until Christmas. If anything this Christmas would be a great time to get a next gen console

DId I not say in my post to wait till this Xmas to get them? That's basically what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Just bundle,

PS4
    No Mans Sky
    Morpheus visor

And I'd buy it

• Advertisement

Oh man.. No Man's Sky and Morpheus would be amazing. Now I really hope it works with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dammit
    Just watched the No Mans Sky presentation.
    Now I have to buy a PS4.
    Sorry MS.
    That and Bloodborne seal the deal.
    Come on The Last Guardian!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

No Mans Sky is coming to PC too right ? And will probably have rift support ?

Magill wrote: »
    No Mans Sky is coming to PC too right ? And will probably have rift support ?

Yes.. I'm not sure on Rift support but that's a lot more likely than Morpheus support I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    DId I not say in my post to wait till this Xmas to get them? That's basically what I said.

I was disagreeing with you saying 2015 is a big year for games when this year looks just as good but I agree on da xmas one

tok9 wrote: »
    Yes.. I'm not sure on Rift support but that's a lot more likely than Morpheus support I would say.

considering the people behind rift and the people behind NMS have already collaborated before (NMS has a rift dev kit) its a near absolute certainty

http://vrfocus.com/archives/4012/mans-sky-dev-reveals-oculus-rift-experiments/
    Studio founder Sean Murray revealed as much during an E3 2014 panel in which he sat alongside Oculus Rift designer Palmer Luckey. Speaking to GiantBomb about possible VR support for No Man’s Sky, Murray jokingly revealed that the developer kits sent by Oculus VR had been used to recreate the team’s office space, but humorously raised alarm bells when they posted media of them using the headset walking around.

“You guys sent us some kit and we got it,” Murray said, addressing Luckey. “We only had it a day but we mocked up this little demo and we built like our office basically. And I hadn’t seen anyone do this before but it was his [David Ream, creative director] stupid idea. I have like a gaming laptop basically so I was able to plug it into that and put it in my backpack so I was like wireless basically with an Xbox pad plugged in. And I would just stand in the same position in the office.”

At this point Luckey revealed that he had created a similar project, to which Murray joked that he was disappointed it wasn’t original anymore.

“And then we kind of just started going around the office and actually getting up a little speed and being able to like go up and down the stairs quite quickly and things like that. And we posted some Vines and things like that and we got like a mail from one of the guys at Oculus saying like, y’know “please stop doing this” and it was like “you may not have read the terms but please don’t post anything where you might, like, die.”"

Luckey then revealed that one of the reasons that Oculus VR asks players to use the Oculus Rift sitting down is for safety, as the headset essentially ‘blindfolds’ users in its current form.

Murray concluded with one more story: “It was just as well we got that mail because me and Dave, the tweets we did had been popular so we had like two dev kits and we’d taken a photo of two of us in our cars and we were like driving at each other with the headsets on and I was about to tweet “if you die in Oculus you die in real life” and I got the mail and I was like “let’s not.”"

see proof here http://vrfocus.com/archives/1906/hello-games-teases-oculus-rift-support-mans-sky/

Oh well this is embarrassing for them

Xbox on, bitch!

http://consumerist.com/2014/06/13/the-aaron-paul-xbox-one-ad-will-mess-with-your-xbox-one/

Apparently if you listen to this particular Xbox commercial with Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul loudly enough for your Kinect to hear, the console will wake up and accept the actor's prerecorded commands. First of the Xbox commercials to encounter this issue.

aaronpaul.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I don't think I could focus on two things at once like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

cloud493 wrote: »

As a PC gamer. I do have movies and TV series on, while playing games. But for that I got 2 extra monitors outside of my main gaming one. Having some TV **** on my main monitor ( or TV in this case ) would annoy the living **** out of me.

As a PC gamer. I do have movies and TV series on, while playing games. But for that I got 2 extra monitors outside of my main gaming one. Having some TV **** on my main monitor ( or TV in this case ) would annoy the living **** out of me.

That just seems pointless to me, if you're playing a game then you can't concentrate on a film or TV and as such you don't actually experience the film or the game. It's like those annoying asses who can't watch a film without taking out their phone and browsing online for most of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭Evade

As a console gamer who also has a laptop I do that too. Mostly when I'm grinding in an RPG or replaying a game for trophies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

cloud493 wrote: »

takes a bit of getting used to but after a while you start snapping all sorts of apps to the side of the screen while playing games.

was great during the week, playing away and at same time listening to e3 press releases

many types of game would warrant the 2nd screen for video, and I have that setup.

Many games like Titanfall that demand your more immediate twitch reflexes I turn that monitor off and disable it in windows. helps with the fps some too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have both of them now and can only see myself using the XB1 for Fifa/Halo/Gears of War and PS4 for everything else really.
    Right now I'm playing Infamous on the PS4 with Watchdogs waiting in the background.
    Fifa for the XB1 and basically that's it. Titanfall is monotonous/ same goes for Forza and COD ghosts so they're just unused on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Blazer wrote: »
    Have both of them now and can only see myself using the XB1 for Fifa/Halo/Gears of War and PS4 for everything else really.
    Right now I'm playing Infamous on the PS4 with Watchdogs waiting in the background.
    Fifa for the XB1 and basically that's it. Titanfall is monotonous/ same goes for Forza and COD ghosts so they're just unused on it.

Just curious, any reason why you play Fifa on the Xbox, is that version better or something? Genuine question, I haven't played Fifa this gen.

The more and more I hear the less I want to get the One. I was planning to have both by years end but right now the PS4 is winning this battle hands down. Everything out of E3 that excited me was either PS4 or PC with most of the titles for the One seemingly designed around co-op or multiplayer, which is something I have little interest in. Sony seem to be actively going out of their way to attract talent and it's really starting to show and I can't see Microsoft catching up anytime soon. Sure there's going to be some great games on the One but much like Dead Rising 3, I can see most getting PC releases so bar a few exclusives there's not going to be much on it that you can't play elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Gears of War on the xbox one?Whats this now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well like, I play games with a podcast on, coming from either the iPhone or macbook, but I can't play the game and say, use iTunes at the same time, I have to pause the game and do it, or wait till a cutscene or whatever. Trying to watch and play is utterly beyond me/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's coming, they showed the Gears symbol on the MS live show and that was it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

It's very early in development, in fact I think they only started working on it 4-5 months ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement