Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Not true. The biggest PS fanboy I know recently traded in his PS4 and got an Xbox One instead. He is big into his competitive gaming and he says the Xbox is alot better for it.

If he likes his competitive gaming, should have gotten a PC. Getting a console for competitive gaming is like getting a new pair of sandals for running a marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Failsafe.. where are you actually getting all these figures?

Regarding most played game and the sales figures. It honestly just looks like you are pulling them out of your arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Penn wrote: »
    Infamous Second Son.

You might not think it's a decent exclusive, but to a lot of people it is.

I played the single player and thought it was pretty poo. I didn't play the multiplayer so maybe I'm being harsh on it.

If I'm learning one thing from these "stats", it's that it sounds like all the FPS players who are into BF and COD are on Xbox.. which is actually a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

have both and its tit for tat honestly

infamous was short and fun but not a killer app

Titanfall was fun but after 16 hours i stopped playing

i like the ones UI better because its a little bit more organised

the one has the Halo collection and phantom dusk that im interested in
    the ps4 has the last of us and bloodbourne that im interested in

everthing else is multi or PC

there is **** all between them atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I notice people are not responding with Bloodborne every time lack of exclusives are brought up on the PS4 or if people feel the need to defend it, Titanfall was used quite a lot in that regard.

The thing is... hes probably only using the figures for USA, where the consoles are more eveningly matched in hardware sales.. and probably from VGCharts.

World wide stats from the same site are more like...

Watch Dogs (PS4) - 257,831
    Watch Dogs (XBO) - 140,662

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Xenji wrote: »
    I notice people are not responding with Bloodborne every time lack of exclusives are brought up on the PS4 or if people feel the need to defend it, Titanfall was used quite a lot in that regard.

But does Bloodborne have local servers though?
    No point in having a quality exclusive game unless you have quality servers.

It's all about the servers and No Mans Sky.

F1ngers wrote: »

Do not forget about the almighty cloud ;)

The latest gameplay video of Bloodborne looks terrible and games like that are usually up my street but I probably wont get it.

Titanfall is a fantastic multiplayer shooter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Now the PS4 sales are better but ask yourself this. Shouldn't the sales be an awful lot better with the millions of additional PS4 units that have been sold compared to XB1.

You're confusing yourself I think as you are quoting US games sales figures where the gap isn't that big, worldwide it's a different story.

Not true. The biggest PS fanboy I know recently traded in his PS4 and got an Xbox One instead. He is big into his competitive gaming and he says the Xbox is alot better for it.

Also any neutral people I know who have got both the Xbox One and PS4 say the Xbox One is so much better than the PS4 and they hardly ever use it. Although that could all change if PS got a decent exclusive which has yet to happen.

Oh well if people you know say so :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just sharing my thoughts regarding Sony's E3 strategy of securing all these Alpha and Betas for PS4 games that were announced. It kind of became the 2013 TV TV TV. I thought it was weak.

What exclusive alpha and betas did Sony secure that made it look weak to you? All I can think of is Destiny (which will have exclusive content for the PS4 when released) and BF:Hardline.

Are there other games they secured alpha or beta's for? (genuine question)
    Basically turning Sony gamers into game testers and pawning it off like they are doing you a favour.

You are phrasing it as if these beta's are a negative thing for gamers, yet the demand for both Hardline and Destiny code's suggest it's what gamers want, at no extra charge to them. Personally, I used the Destiny alpha to try the game out, as I thought the game looked boring and bland to me, I basically treated it like a demo.

I think we need to setup a new forum for people with horrible taste in games.

Magill wrote: »
    The thing is... hes probably only using the figures for USA, where the consoles are more eveningly matched in hardware sales.. and probably from VGCharts.

By those figures as a game developer I would be hoping the XBO sells more units then the PS4 as games are selling better on the XBO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

F1ngers wrote: »

The servers are so fast that they ping before I even think about ponging them. I'm like 'You know what, I might just…' and it goes 'PING!!!' and I'm like 'How they hell did that happen?!?!'

They're that fast…

By those figures as a game developer I would be hoping the XBO sells more units then the PS4 as games are selling better on the XBO.

It is all about taste, not everyone who owns a PS4 is going to buy Watch_Dogs no mater how good it is, the same goes for the XB1 as well.

Titanfall is a fantastic multiplayer shooter.

It is a fantastic online shooter, but it is severely lacking in longevity. After reaching the max level, I just stopped playing it and have no inclination to return to it. Seems like I'm not the only one who stopped playing it on the PC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

tok9 wrote: »
    If I'm learning one thing from these "stats", it's that it sounds like all the FPS players who are into BF and COD are on Xbox.. which is actually a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

I love that they're wheeled out when they're needed to make a point, and stuffed back under the stairs when talking about original gaming :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think we need to setup a new forum for people with horrible taste in games.

Isn't that what the Playstation and Microsoft are for? ;)
    Nintendo FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That could be cause none of us have played it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

lol... what ? how did you come to the conclusion that 140,662 is greater than 257,831 ?

The latest gameplay video of Bloodborne looks terrible

notsureifserious.jpg

Well it depends how you look at it. 3.68% of PS4 users brought Watch_Dogs, 2.81324% of Xbox One users brought it*.

*This is assuming sales figures of PS4 are 7m and Xbox One 5m

Cormac... wrote: »
    That could be cause none of us have played it :rolleyes:

There you go and also we have Hidetaka Miyazaki's flawless track record with these games. Nice edit by the way :rolleyes::p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ive come full circle and now love this thread again

insert inflammatory comment

2d0ddba827b6d06a963f91ed9e728d5d.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If Bloodborne approaches the glory that is Dark Souls 2 then we may be in for a treat of Team Ico proportions.
    From Demon's to Dark to Dark Souls 2 they haven't missed a beat, with three of the best games on the host machines.

And it's another good reason to buy a PS4, first any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I thought the PS4 was well outselling the Xbox One in North America?

The software sales figures aren't very impressive for how well the PS4 is actually selling.
    RasTa wrote: »
    You're confusing yourself I think as you are quoting US games sales figures where the gap isn't that big, worldwide it's a different story.

Oh well if people you know say so :confused:

Nope, NPD is where you'll find everyone quoting numbers from. That is North America only. Its mainly brick and mortar shop sales but have recently started to include the like of Amazon. No digital sales tracking so far. Game sales should still be a lot better.

The software sales figures aren't very impressive for how well the PS4 is actually selling.

Nope, NPD is where you'll find everyone quoting numbers from. That is North America only. Its mainly brick and mortar shop sales but have recently started to include the like of Amazon. No digital sales tracking so far. Game sales should still be a lot better.

NPD do not give out individual unit sales and figures anymore for free, the data is coming from a Neogaf user Creamsugar who leaked the figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I still don't get your point, in North America for 5 straight months the PS4 is the best selling console, in the home of MS.

Now you're moving onto software which is outselling XB and saying you're not impressed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

NPD do not give out individual unit sales and figures anymore for free, the data is coming from a Neogaf user Creamsugar who leaked the figures.

Okay, so that means we don't know how well a multi-platform sells on any platform. We just have the overall game sales.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement