Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Xenji wrote: »
    There you go and also we have Hidetaka Miyazaki's flawless track record with these games. Nice edit by the way :rolleyes::p

I typed before I thought, fatal mistake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I thought the PS4 was well outselling the Xbox One in North America?

The software sales figures aren't very impressive for how well the PS4 is actually selling.

And yet a bigger percentage of the PS4 install base brought it compared to Xbox One install base. But you better not mention that, as that would reflect badly on the Xbox One ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

RasTa wrote: »

Now you're moving onto software which is outselling XB and saying you're not impressed?

Software is selling better on the Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I thought the PS4 was well outselling the Xbox One in North America?

The software sales figures aren't very impressive for how well the PS4 is actually selling.

Nope, NPD is where you'll find everyone quoting numbers from. That is North America only. Its mainly brick and mortar shop sales but have recently started to include the like of Amazon. No digital sales tracking so far. Game sales should still be a lot better.

How do you come to the conclusion that sales figures aren't impressive ? Do you think that these are total sales figures for watchdogs or something ? Bare in mind that the game isn't even that good, the total sales figures so far are at;

1,788,990 for PS4
    850,773 for XBO

I'm not even someone who can be arsed with sales figures in general. Near 2M sales of unimpressive game for a console only 6 months old seems pretty ****ing solid to me ! What world do you live in BTW ? Sounds like you're away in cloud xbox land to me. Are there twice as many PS4 owners ? Explain to me how you're unimpressed by PS4 yet not so for xbox ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I still don't get your point, in North America for 5 straight months the PS4 is the best selling console, in the home of MS.
    Thats exactly what I have been telling you. Its selling great yet its software sales aren't that great for how well its doing.

Now you're moving onto software which is outselling XB and saying you're not impressed?

Yes, they should be selling way more games due to the hardware sales.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Software is selling better on the Xbox One.

2625891-7310528850-1f759.gif

Thats exactly what I have been telling you. Its selling great yet its software sales aren't that great for how well its doing.

No they shouldn't imo. It's what makes Sony great as every user doesn't buy COD 34 or Battlefield 12.

2625891-7310528850-1f759.gif

That just make you look as if you don't really understand the sales figures that are being posted. Would you like someone to explain them to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Why, it is not like people like every game that has came out and that people are gonna buy all the games, some people are happy just to wait for more games to come out that they actually want to buy.

Sony had sold 21 million games up till the middle of April, so that means if 7 million consoles have been sold, each owner has an average of 3 games.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/16/ps4-hits-7-million-globally/

That just make you look as if you don't really understand the sales figures that are being posted. Would you like someone to explain them to you?

Oh yes, please do. Links from all the sales figures you use too.

• Advertisement

Yes, pleaseeeee explain these non-existent figures to us. I'm seriously struggling to understand what kind of math you guys are doing to come up with the conclusion that software is selling better on XBO.

I wasn't offering to do it. I hate having to dumb stuff down for people. Maybe someone else can help you understand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yawn, just woke up from a lovely siesta thanks to this thread for boring me to sleep with all those lovely numbers :pac:

Who's gonna do a run to the offie? I've a voucher for dominos aswell lads, we can use that.

Some serious session happening, 1 shot every time someone uses the phrase "gaining market share"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Here you go Royal Irish

Sony released a cheery statement on the NPD numbers. Senior Vice President of PlayStation Brand Marketing Guy Longworth commented:

PlayStation continues to be the best place to play for innovative IP, as PS4 was the preferred platform for May’s biggest releases, including Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein: The New Order, and held four of the top five spots for next gen software sales. PS4 is the leading next-gen platform for sports, highlighted in May by the best-selling sports game, MLB 14: The Show.
    - See more at: http://www.dailytech.com/NPD+Nintendo+3DS+Outsells+Xbox+One+in+May+Sony+PS4+Beats+Both/article36064.htm#sthash.KUkWBEVe.dpuf

While yes it is possible to have a higher software salve percentage, ie, attach rate over a higher selling console it's not the case for the One. The Wii sold millions but had poor software sales mainly because mainly casual gamers bought the system. But the PS4 is shifting more software percentage wise over the Once hands down across the board. Sony have a higher attach rate at present.

I wasn't offering to do it. I hate having to dumb stuff down for people. Maybe someone else can help you understand it.

You need to work on your trolling. Even one link shouldn't be too hard for you

I haven't posted any links at all. All this stuff has been posted by other users the last 3 or 4 pages. Go look at them and basic math should take over.

And none cites the poll results ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I haven't posted any links at all. All this stuff has been posted by other users the last 3 or 4 pages. Go look at them and basic math should take over.

You should look again at the NPD figures, they say otherwise to your statements. Anyone can make statements about anything true of false, it all means nothing if they can't be backed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Magill wrote: »
    How do you come to the conclusion that sales figures aren't impressive ? Do you think that these are total sales figures for watchdogs or something ? Bare in mind that the game isn't even that good, the total sales figures so far are at;

1,788,990 for PS4
    850,773 for XBO

I'm not even someone who can be arsed with sales figures in general. Near 2M sales of unimpressive game for a console only 6 months old seems pretty ****ing solid to me !

I wouldn't be quoting VGChartz figures. They are based on data but are purely estimated.
    Magill wrote: »
    What world do you live in BTW ? Sounds like you're away in cloud xbox land to me. Are there twice as many PS4 owners ? Explain to me how you're unimpressed by PS4 yet not so for xbox ?

Lol, take a chill pill. I am simply stating that with the amazing amount of PS4's sold they should be selling more software. Simples ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Cormac... wrote: »
    And none cites the poll results ;)

theyre not up for dispute the Atari Jaguar is clearly the best console

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

PS4 is the leading next-gen platform for sports, highlighted in May by the best-selling sports game, MLB 14: The Show

That's a bit of a daft claim, isn't it the first new sports title since November?

(and exclusive)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 craigfoster

PS4 all the way

There is no way I'm going to explain basic math that my 12 year old niece would understand to a bunch of adults. Even if I tried the fact I'd have to explain it to yous means I'd more the likely have to use pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If Bloodborne approaches the glory that is Dark Souls 2 then we may be in for a treat of Team Ico proportions.
    From Demon's to Dark to Dark Souls 2 they haven't missed a beat, with three of the best games on the host machines.

And it's another good reason to buy a PS4, first any way.

I hope it does a lot more for innovation then Dark Souls 2 did. While still a brilliant game, it's lighting feature was completely removed and there were way too many average bosses for a Souls game.

That said I've a lot of faith... but I don't think I'll be playing it when it comes out unless it's out before January :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

There is no way I'm going to explain basic math that my 12 year old niece would understand to a bunch of adults. Even if I tried the fact I'd have to explain it to yous means I'd more the likely have to use pictures.

Please don't teach your neice math :P

I wouldn't be quoting VGChartz figures. They are based on data but are purely estimated.

Lol, take a chill pill. I am simply stating that with the amazing amount of PS4's sold they should be selling more software. Simples ;)

I'm still struggling to understand where your coming from on this front lol, its just such a strange viewpoint you have. If you could maybe elaborate on why you think they should be selling more software, the attach rate seems pretty high compared to almost any other console.. past or present.. higher than the XBO. You were the one that mentioned CoD + BF selling better on XBO, yet you have yet to show any actual facts for this.

I probably shouldn't have bitten as you're clearly quite delusional on the whole next gen "race" thing and MS PR spinning machine have clearly done a number on you...

I'll do it for you

1 > 2 ?

Sony's Shuhei Yoshida says that Sony has more in store that what was shown at E3 and will be making announcements at Gamescom and TGS 2014.

Last Guardian trailer confirmed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Raise.

See and raise.

Fold.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement