Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Benzino wrote: »
    Will somebody please think of the electricity bills! :pac:

lol sure i do the same with my PC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Magill wrote: »
    I've not had mine long enough to notice any wear down yet but have heard some similar reports. Still won't take your word for xbox1 being more accurate considering how little the tech has changed and will just put it down to you playing most of the time on xb1. Oh... and sorry I don't believe you have a ps4 :)

Nothing is what it seems ;)

I don't have a PS4, or maybe I do lol. Maybe there is a post long forgotten that implies ownership or maybe this post never existed. Hmmm.

BTW my post never said I owned a PS4 also in my post I listed all the Sony devices I own except......... a PS4. You guys miss what's right in front of you sometimes lol

Also I don't refer to XB1 controller as being more accurate. I mentioned it is more precise, as in It's analog sticks allow for greater precision when compared to DS4.
    miju wrote: »
    funny because i could of sworn he plays PS4 via HDMI input on XB1 so he's in party chat with most if his clan.

in fact i remember him posting a pic of the setup

Shhhh, you'll spoil it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    can he not just post a pic of it here using some of his other sony equipment. he must have a nice sony camera :p he could put a page on it with a bit of writing saying failsafe was here. I know he could do it in a mates house but we'd all believe him a lot more if he did.

It's easy m8. We need a custard test.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I have always preferred the xbox controller. The DS4 is an improvement over DS3 but it still isn't as good as the X1 controller. It is not that big of a deal though as both controllers are pretty decent.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's a non issue as far as I'm concerned, I have my preference but I think both are about on par....then again if I had my way we'd all be using a wavebird :P (best console controller ever, by a cats whisker)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a non issue as far as I'm concerned, I have my preference but I think both are about on par....then again if I had my way we'd all be using a wavebird :P (best console controller ever, by a cats whisker)

Yeah, though I'm not a massive fan of the GC controller the Wavebird is impressive.
    8 player Mario Kart DD FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

AtariJaguarProController.jpg

Everything else is inferior

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I didnt like the xb1 controller straight away, buts its really grown on me, the sticks are super accurate, but a lot of that could be down to the thing being new. I didnt realise how badly worn and tired my 360 pad was until I started playing a lot of dark souls lately. Havent played a ps pad since the ps2 but never had an issue with it, I do slightly prefer the stick layout of the xbox pads but i'd imagine its nothing I wouldnt get used to after and hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Bad news all round for all consoles I am afraid.

Sky Go on gaming consoles will now become a premium service starting in July. Almost €7 extra onto your Sky subscription a month. :rolleyes:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a579609/sky-go-plans-gbp5-monthly-price-hike-for-games-consoles.html#~oI1QyrbtNf9x21

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sky Go on gaming consoles will now become a premium service starting in July. Almost €7 extra onto your Sky subscription a month. :rolleyes:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a579609/sky-go-plans-gbp5-monthly-price-hike-for-games-consoles.html#~oI1QyrbtNf9x21

Great move from home them when their losing customers already.

• Advertisement

LOL, dont think I'll be paying that, no wonder they've no plans to bring the Sky Player app out anytime soon.

Fail by Sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Were they not supposed to be bringing NowTV over here? Skys pricing is outrageous before any price hikes.

So traditional tv services already losing customers by **** trucks and the only thing that actually makes them viable for new generation of viewers is being buried by. Sky themselves. Fair play lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

So traditional tv services already losing customers by **** trucks and the only thing that actually makes them viable for new generation of viewers is being buried by. Sky themselves. Fair play lads.

its actually amazing to see sky getting slapped around the place by other services now at long last

their monopoly on sports has been almost eradicated thanks to BT whipping out their massive wallet and slapping sky with it

Netflix/amazon prime are slowly doing the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

NTMK wrote: »
    its actually amazing to see sky getting slapped around the place by other services now at long last

their monopoly on sports has been almost eradicated thanks to BT whipping out their massive wallet and slapping sky with it

Netflix/amazon prime are slowly doing the rest

I find both are quite similar. Prime has some slightly newer shows i like. Netflix USA hasn't had a decent update in ages. Which is weird since their prices went up

On topic: I was dying for an FPS to play online so was deciding on TitanFall or COD (i've heard BF4 was released broken :( ) so seeing as COD was half the price i ordered that. I haven't played COD online since Modern warfare 2 so i'm worried there's still 12 year olds telling me they had sex with my mother and hiding behind shields (who puts bullet proof shields in a game? :confused: )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Neither PC all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

EyeSight wrote: »
    I find both are quite similar. Prime has some slightly newer shows i like. Netflix USA hasn't had a decent update in ages. Which is weird since their prices went up

On topic: I was dying for an FPS to play online so was deciding on TitanFall or COD (i've heard BF4 was released broken :( ) so seeing as COD was half the price i ordered that. I haven't played COD online since Modern warfare 2 so i'm worried there's still 12 year olds telling me they had sex with my mother and hiding behind shields (who puts bullet proof shields in a game? :confused: )

BF4 is pretty much fixed right now, it was bad for the first 4 months alright, still I'd take a broken BF game over any CoD game any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Demonique wrote: »
    Neither PC all the way

Bandwagon jumping hipster.

:pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

BF4 is pretty much fixed right now, it was bad for the first 4 months alright, still I'd take a broken BF game over any CoD game any day.

But now they're putting a bullet proof shield in it. They've forgotten how to make a good game and are throwing every gimmick they can think of at it.

I remember when I used to say that too :P:P:P:P

Played BF4 for first time in about 4 months yesterday went one round in locker like 30-3 but games still broke, those 3 deaths were "COD deaths" as in instant without a headshot icon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

NTMK wrote: »

Or.... we could look at the facts.

Sky have 5/6 Premier League live games.
    The are legally not allowed have the final 6th of the games as they would indeed have a Monopoly.
    This is why the other games have recently been shared between Setanta, ESPN and now BT Sport. These platforms show 23 live games a year. Sky show 115.

And before you say "yeah, but those are only crap games", Sky and all other platforms are legally bound to show a certain number of games per team, such as you Villa v Norwich games etc, each team has to be show at least 4 times or something like that.

Only reason it seems like they show "better games" is cause they have their pick on Setanta/ESPN/BT of the Saturday games (i.e. Man Utd vs West Ham).... BUT if there's a big game featuring 2 teams, the Premier league will actually ensure this is scheduled on a Sunday and hence Sky will show it so in that instance Sky generally show at least 2, usually 3 of the "big 6" play live each week.

And now we can all put our sensible hats back on

To the games :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Cormac... wrote: »

BUT if there's a big game featuring 2 teams, the Premier league will actually ensure this is scheduled on a Sunday and hence Sky will show it so in that instance

This definitely wasn't true of last season, lot of high profile matches and derby games getting 12.45 Sat Kick offs and picked up by BT

But we are getting massively off topic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If there's ever 2 games in season between either Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City or Man Utd at that time I'll eat my hat :D

God bless that I don't give a single **** about soccer, so I don't need to bend over and take it in from sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

God bless that I don't give a single **** about soccer, so I don't need to bend over and take it in from sky.

Same, but I was pissed when they took F1, so I just said meh I'll live without watching the races. Sky can go and jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Aye, Skysports is a sham.. works out at like £30+ a month just for the sports channels, most of which is complete garbage.... and now they want to charge more to watch it on your console !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Even if you do give a **** about football, you can watch every match in high quality without having the likes of Sky and BT easily.

Magill wrote: »
    Aye, Skysports is a sham.. works out at like £30+ a month just for the sports channels, most of which is complete garbage.... and now they want to charge more to watch it on your console !

You can understand where they are coming from. They want to stop people who have Sky giving out their codes to friends who don't. It sucks that they are now going to start charging for the service and it'll lose them customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

well they lost my custom :) greedy feckers they make enough money

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

All my TV is free to air or downloaded, yet I still have Sky.
    I guess it's for the kids channels more than anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement