Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    All my TV is free to air or downloaded, yet I still have Sky.
    I guess it's for the kids channels more than anything.

Netflix through the Wii is what we use for the kids in the play room. It has plenty of different series on it like the Regular Show, Adventure Time and Spongebob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

I have all three current gen consoles and the PS4 is the first casualty to hardware reliability. Completely died on Monday after updating it. Wouldn't even turn on, so it's back off to Sony today for repair/replacement.

No issues to speak of with the X1 and Wii U so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have all three current gen consoles and the PS4 is the first casualty to hardware reliability. Completely died on Monday after updating it. Wouldn't even turn on, so it's back off to Sony today for repair/replacement.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I've been hearing much the same from people I game with. One friend had his console bricked. Sent it back then when he got it back he traded it into CEX and got an Xbox One. Another friends controller fell apart. Then I was talking to a friend on whatsapp earlier and his PS4 died on him recently.

Only issue I have heard from with people I game with is headset issues. Personally I'd rather a cheaply made headset than a cheaply made and poorly designed console.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Same. That's why I didn't get an Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Magill wrote: »
    Same. That's why I didn't get an Xbox.

I lolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Sorry about the death of your PS4. Hopefully you will be well comped by Sony for your troubles.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I lolled.

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I went through 3 360s last gen and still stood by MS as my go to machine, if it's a good product and good customer support I will stick by it. If my PS4 died right now I'd still go out and buy another then go and re purchase another XOne out of spite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Me too.

Yeah, I have a friend whose XB1 exploded, another whose games eject like rockets..and I was talking to a friend of a friends friend whose controller melted while playing CoD.

Personally I prefer a console that is safe than one that might explode during the night and burn me alive while I sleep.

Honestly.... are there any reports of widespread PS4 failures ? (Actual legitimate reports) Because every piece of tech has a failure rate... my own company make very high end scientific cameras, costing upwards of £30,000 per unit... with a great reputation for quality... yet even our products have a 3% early mortality rate (Failure within the first 3 months).

Personally I do not know anyone that has had their PS4 OR xbox one brick on them yet... but im sure there have been plenty of people that have, its enivitable. As long as we aren't seeing major failure rates like with the xbox 360 in the early dates then no need to be all doom and gloom.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I have a friend whose XB1 exploded, another whose games eject like rockets..and I was talking to a friend of a friends friend whose controller melted while playing CoD.

Personally I prefer a console that is safe than one that might explode during the night and burn me alive while I sleep.

Honestly.... are there any reports of widespread PS4 failures ? (Actual legitimate reports) Because every piece of tech has a failure rate... my own company make very high end scientific cameras, costing upwards of £30,000 per unit... with a great reputation for quality... yet even our products have a 3% early mortality rate (Failure within the first 3 months).

Personally I do not know anyone that has had their PS4 OR xbox one brick on them yet... but im sure there have been plenty of people that have, its enivitable. As long as we aren't seeing major failure rates like with the xbox 360 in the early dates then no need to be all doom and gloom.

Jezz, no need to get so defensive :D

You don't have to defend Sony. They can do that for themselves.

No need for being childish.

I think Amazon's reviews is a good sample size and indicator of the true failure rate which would be ALOT higher than what Sony claimed in November. Basically using Amazon's you're listening to the consumer and not released statements from companies or gaming websites.
    Personally I do not know anyone that has had their PS4 OR xbox one brick on them yet....

Like Amazon, that may just be a case of sample size :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Jezz, no need to get so defensive :D

You don't have to defend Sony. They can do that for themselves.

Its not really defending Sony, but just a glimpse of common sense. Everything got a failure rate.

Someone on PS4 sub forum is on 8th PS4 controller, because the rubbers on sticks "rub off".... I have my console since launch and I do play a lot more lately, but nothing happens to my sticks.
    Most of the time when I hear "my friend" or "my friends friends cat", I dont really pay much attention.

Its not really defending Sony, but just a glimpse of common sense. Everything got a failure rate.

Someone on PS4 sub forum is on 8th PS4 controller, because the rubbers on sticks "rub off".... I have my console since launch and I do play a lot more lately, but nothing happens to my sticks.
    Most of the time when I hear "my friend" or "my friends friends cat", I dont really pay much attention.

Actually I was referring to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

its funny because no one here actually attacked sony and no one is blowing anything out of proportion
    hes making it out as if we said every ps4 is bricking when all someone said was "my mates console bricked and he traded it in for an xbox one"
    hardly saying every ps4 is having a power failure and everyone is turning to the xbox one
    its common sense that a few will power fail just like anything else
    hes defending sony in a childish way :L which is very entertaining considering hes a pc master race kinda guy :L

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    its funny because no one here actually attacked sony and no one is blowing anything out of proportion
    hes making it out as if we said every ps4 is bricking when all someone said was "my mates console bricked and he traded it in for an xbox one"
    hardly saying every ps4 is having a power failure and everyone is turning to the xbox one
    its common sense that a few will power fail just like anything else
    hes defending sony in a childish way :L which is very entertaining considering hes a pc master race kinda guy :L

Really? Saying someone defending sony Childishly falls flat when this comes out of your group. At least stand behind your opinions lads and dont jump to "neutral bull**** hipster" position, when arguments go back at you lads.
    I've been hearing much the same from people I game with. One friend had his console bricked. Sent it back then when he got it back he traded it into CEX and got an Xbox One. Another friends controller fell apart. Then I was talking to a friend on whatsapp earlier and his PS4 died on him recently.

Only issue I have heard from with people I game with is headset issues. Personally I'd rather a cheaply made headset than a cheaply made and poorly designed console.

Hold on a minute. The only issues I have heard of on the Xbox One from people I game with is headset issues, and I even had to replace my day one headset.

But yet I know quite a few people who have had serious issues with the PS4 console and the controller.

So taking all that into consideration and other things like what I referred to in my last post, in my personal opinion, I would rather a cheaply made headset than a cheaply made and poorly designed console.

Its my opinion and you can debate it and disagree with me, this is a forum after all, but you will have to do more than just quote one of my posts with adding no actual reply to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭Evade

I think Amazon's reviews is a good sample size and indicator of the true failure rate which would be ALOT higher than what Sony claimed in November. Basically using Amazon's you're listening to the consumer and not released statements from companies or gaming websites.
    Anyone can write an Amazon review, no purchase necessary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

312330.jpg

Really? Saying someone defending sony Childishly falls flat when this comes out of your group. At least stand behind your opinions lads and dont jump to "neutral bull**** hipster" position, when arguments go back at you lads.

Group? haha I am always praising sony lad so please stop this group nonsense

Look at FailSafe quote its the post right before mine :) and thats what I call childish

their was no opinions in his post, just simply a person blowing things out of proportion when someone said their mates console bricked and traded it in for a xbox one

If he said his mates xbox one broke and traded it in for the ps4 I am sure you'd be the first one to say "well done to your mate for making the right choice"

so cop on :pac: groups... haha pathetic

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    Anyone can write an Amazon review, no purchase necessary.

Want there like pure fanboy War at one stage? BF4 and Ghost if I remember right? Or was it ps4 and xbox one? When products were not even launched and each camps fanboys where putting negative reviews on opposite review just for ****s and giggles?

Funny enough I had/have launch ps3 and 360. My ps3 phat 60gb was always connected and is still under my TV with 500gb hdd now and my 20gb 360 decided to brick itself by being in a box in a closet. I **** you not, I had it packed and put away, because I had 250gb one. When I traded in my 250gb one I decided to take out my old 360 and it was bricked.

miju wrote: »
    312330.jpg

What that supposed to even mean?

Please tell me that is a rhetorical question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Think its fairly obvious no?
    Want there like pure fanboy War at one stage? BF4 and Ghost if I remember right? Or was it ps4 and xbox one?

It was xb1 and ps4

It's been a while since this thread was an embarrassment. Fair play.

Anything worthwhile to add to the debate?

be careful or you will be taking the "neutral bull**** hipster" position :pac:

sounds like this position belongs in the tantra books :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

You can't come in here for advice, it's getting ridiculous.
    Just change the thread title to: Buy a PS4, lock and sticky it and save people the hassle

I was bored, I needed some entertainment and a Break from space engineers. There is nothing more fun then hearing "coalition" ( which will not be named, but everyone knows who are the members of it ) say their "opinion".

• Advertisement

When two sets of people are using the 'I know more people with broken Playboxes than X-Stations" stick to beat the integrity of either console, it's cringeworthy.

Dya need more than that, or will that suffice?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement