Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

Who else is gone PS4 besides Gruber?

Doc is as far as I no.
    Is there any interest in setting up what we had before as in getting every 1 back together?

What ever was said is said so we should move on from it.
    Some of the best games where when it was IRL vrs irl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Oh look team IRL are trolling again, amazing how they all arrive at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'd say in the end the price will be around normal full (PSN) retail price for the game for 7 days or 30 days dependant on the game, after that point you'd be better off buying it outright. if it's much lower than the normal version why would someone buy the game and system to play it.

Most games don't have more than a week in them so would it be worth it for publishers to offer a game for €20 when they can expect €60 for it otherwise, and even with the potential gain sale from 1 less used copy and the increase in sales volume at the reduced price I don't think they'd make more overall.

Another outcome is for games like Everquest next, Elder scroll online, and any other MMO, if the sometimes optional subscription also covered the Now subscription.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

RasTa wrote: »
    Oh look team IRL are trolling again, amazing how they all arrive at the same time.

What specifically is trolling here now or do you just feel like backseat modding today :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

You must be o e of the 1s that tried to join the clan an got told in a nice way to piss off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

naughto wrote: »
    You must be o e of the 1s that tried to join the clan an got told in a nice way to piss off

nerd_fight_tex-100000258-large.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Stop acting like children please.

Increasingly seems like this thread should just be put out of its misery. It would be a mercy locking.

Increasingly seems like this thread should just be put out of its misery. It would be a mercy locking.

But it's starting to get real gangsta with all this talk of teams and clans. It's like the beginning of Michael Jackson’s 'Bad' video.

miju wrote: »
    What specifically is trolling here now or do you just feel like backseat modding today :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Your faux outrage at all things Sony. It's quiet boring.

But it's starting to get real gangsta with all this talk of teams and clans. It's like the beginning of Michael Jackson’s 'Bad' video.

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

• Advertisement

Your faux outrage at all things Sony. It's quiet boring.

Hey I'm not raging at all at Sony but if you take anything negative said about Sony as "faux outrage" then thats your prob dude :cool: What is boring though at this stage is your attempts at trolling IRL and constantly taking the thread off topic, anything to put down a negative comment (attack the post and not the poster if you can) but hey who am I to judge :D

Like I said before its great the XB1 are behind in sales because we can really make hay at the moment with Microsoft try harding like fook, in fact I dread the day MS catch up with Sony sales as a XB1 owner.

Hey I'm not raging at all at Sony but if you take anything negative said about Sony as "faux outrage" then thats your prob dude :cool: What is boring though at this stage is your attempts at trolling IRL and constantly taking the thread off topic, anything to put down a negative comment but hey who am I to judge :D

Examples of what you claim please ie trolling. As to not further derail the thread you can PM me the examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Curious, what are all these brilliant changes MS have implemented lately ? Is it just the reverting from retarded **** that people are happy with or are some of these changes unique to xbox ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I think it should be locked. It has served it's purpose at this stage, and now it's "my console is better than your console".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've spent some time with both. The PS4 is the better option for me and would be for most people I know.

Bye, thread, you've been... interesting.

Benzino wrote: »
    I think it should be locked. It has served it's purpose at this stage, and now it's "my console is better than your console".

I think if it goes beyond 'a friend of a friend's console ate his bollix before it exploded' stories and people can talk properly about what positive and negative changes are being made to the user experience for each console (which are ongoing issues) then maybe it could be of some benefit.

Benzino wrote: »
    It has served it's purpose at this stage, and now it's "my console is better than your console".

Altough it does have a secondary purpose of keeping all the fanboy crap confined to one place

Also if you haven't played it the best game coming out to buy a new console will be upon us soon. Although Nintendo fans might differ

OnMsbcC.png

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Last-Remastered-Edition/dp/B00I9WW9YQ/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1404208029&sr=8-14&keywords=the+last+of+us

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I'm sure it's been asked before, but what noticeable difference is there in quality of multiples on the two formats (without going into specs and nigildy stuff like that). I mean, i hear the PS3 is more powerful than the 360. i've played games on both and to be fair, they both look exactly the same.

I'm sure it's been asked before, but what noticeable difference is there in quality of multiples on the two formats (without going into specs and nigildy stuff like that). I mean, i hear the PS3 is more powerful than the 360. i've played games on both and to be fair, they both look exactly the same.

Realistically despite what either side will say the difference is minor unless you like to play your games slowed down frame by frame and compare every picture and say wow look at that 1080 awesomeness :)

Ultimately, cross gen games have thus far played the exact same on each console. It's kind of like the Dunnes Cola slogan "if you cant taste the difference, why pay the difference"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Xbox One seems to have more jagged lines on some games which looks bad. The contrast seems to be higher on colours, which can actually look good, but that's something that could be achieved with on your t.v. settings if using a PS4.

That's all I've noticed between both. Not sure I noticed the frame rates between the sets of games I played.

it's kind of like the Dunnes Cola slogan "if you cant taste the difference, why pay the difference"

Tbf, Dunnes Cola is teeth-coatingly sugary bog water.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Also if you haven't played it the best game coming out to buy a new console will be upon us soon.

So I should buy a new console to play a game I can already play on many of my existing consoles simply because it will look a bit better?

I really do not get this argument, it just doesn't register with me.

Far too much obsessive commentary on this thread about FPS and Resolution, if it's such a big deal, go build a gaming PC.

It's actually cringeworthy

"Blast processing" :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I'm sure it's been asked efore, but what noticeable difference is there in quality of multiples on the two formats (without going into specs and nigildy stuff like that). I mean, i hear the PS3 is more powerful than the 360. i've played games on both and to be fair, they both look exactly the same.

Apparently for multi formats the 360 was better I never personally saw much difference between the 2. But for next gen ps4 is better for multi formats but devs seem to finally be putting in the extra work to bring the x1 up too the same levels as the ps4, but for now ps4 is noticeable better, but graphics on both consoles look amazing
    X1 can handle the same graphic detail as the ps4 but its alot harder to optimise for because of the esram im not big into details but im sure someone here could explain it better

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I disagree
    next gen(this gen) has been excellent
    only thing its lacking is games but that will change soon enough

Jaysus, now I've seen it all.

I'm hearing great things about Destinys UI and Interface. ****king madness.

Great consoles, no great games to date, jeez, It beggars belief.

If you want a fancy glorified menu and such may I direct you to Starcraft 2, some real nice menus there :p

Cormac... wrote: »
    Far too much obsessive commentary on this thread about FPS and Resolution, if it's such a big deal, go build a gaming PC.

It's actually cringeworthy

"Blast processing" :pac::pac::pac:

100% agree but tbf it's about the only thing the PS4 has better specs in than the XB1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Tbf, Dunnes Cola is teeth-coatingly sugary bog water.

Time for a Pepsi vs Coke vs Dunnes bog water thread and poll I think!
    Keep all the Coke and Pepsi Max Fanboys in one place!
    Of course, Vanilla Coke FTW!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And,
    Best game of the new generation
    Mario Kart 8
    2nd best game?
    Super Mario 3D World
    or
    Sonic Lost World of you're Richie!

Seeing as the abuse here is going for broke ahead of the thread lock! ;)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Of course, Vanilla Coke FTW!

Pfft philistine :)
    Cherry cola ftw it's got alot more fizz and flavor per square cm of a can and is easily the most powerful for energy boosting too.

Vanilla and regular Dunnes Cola sales are lagging behind badly and need to do something to increase sales fast maybe by introducing a wider arrange of flavors :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

My X1 is my new sky box/twitch player, PS4 is off to Sony for repairs and I've mostly been playing Mario Kart 8.

My advice, if you want a console that has decent first party games, get a Wii U. Otherwise wait and see what comes out on the other two before making up your mind because BF and CoD are the same regardless of platform.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement