Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

miju wrote: »
    Pretty much out of the box seeing as how you can switch regions freely and setup about 15 different payment profiles. The OS is designed that way as it lets you purchase the games out of region but you cant purchase film or music out of region (wont even let you open the app). Then you simply share with friends they way MS set it up to do.

But I agree with you lets call it what it is, not a backdoor but a part of part of Microsofts XB1 Feautures :):):):):)

Easily one of the best hands down features of the XB1 and its great having serious pocket change out of buying a day 1 release AAA title.

So basically your telling MS have no problem with you buying games out of region and its a feature? Thats total bull****

That MS terms you linked means nothing either,all its says is that you set one console as your home console? I cant see how you get region changing as a feature from that.

Xbox is region free you say.........

http://wccftech.com/microsoft-quietly-regionlocks-digital-xbox-games-dlc-error-code0x87de07d1-reported/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pfft philistine :)
    Cherry cola ftw it's got alot more fizz and flavor per square cm of a can and is easily the most powerful for energy boosting too.

Vanilla and regular Dunnes Cola sales are lagging behind badly and need to do something to increase sales fast maybe by introducing a wider arrange of flavors :D:D:D

You don't know what your talking about.
    Dr Pepper is amazing and Jolt cola is where the pros are at.
    But let's not speak of the filth that was Red Bull cola, truly the CDi of soft drinks.
    If only Coke listened to their customers, if only Pepsi had faster ram!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

For what it's worth I played/finished Donkey Kong Country 1 on the SNES at the weekend and I regret nothing
    (Gaming PC, Wii U, X-Box 360 and PS3 ignored) :P

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    YBut let's not speak of the filth that was Red Bull cola, truly the CDi of soft drinks.

Actually Red Bull Cola had more contrasting "cola browns" that were picked up better by unclouded clear bottles. And FWIW they would have had great market share if they had secured proper 3rd party bubble support in the form of a slightly more region friendly "bottle bottom".

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

But let's not speak of the filth that was Red Bull cola, truly the CDi of soft drinks.

Whoa whoa whoa fanboy, you're wrong, RC cola is where it's at. It's got better specs, better design, cheaper content and of course that great RC taste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Well Pepsi runs through me faster than Coke if that helps…

It also makes my wee an astonishing 60feetpersecond.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I saw through everything TaB was trying to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

EoinHef wrote: »
    So basically your telling MS have no problem with you buying games out of region and its a feature?

Why on earth would they? They are getting sales directly rather than sales going to Gamestop. And yes if MS facilitate you being able to have up to 15 different region profiles and easily being able to change region from the settings menu then yeah I'd call that a feature.
    That MS terms you linked means nothing either,all its says is that you set one console as your home console? I cant see how you get region changing as a feature from that.

No thats about how games are shared.

Seriously thats your counter??? Based on 7 "users" having license problems while the rest of the XB1 community freely download and share purchased games and DLC from different regions saving their pockets to boot :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

So basically your telling MS have no problem with you buying games out of region and its a feature? Thats total bull****

Xbox is region free you say.........

http://wccftech.com/microsoft-quietly-regionlocks-digital-xbox-games-dlc-error-code0x87de07d1-reported/

Considering that the link you provided us with is from February of this year and I've bought digital copies of Titanfall and Watch dogs in March and May respectively.i doubt it's a problem as of yet
    But nice try.

On another note.Will a PS4 bought in the States work over here in terms of playing games bought in Ireland?.Reason being the brother is over there ATM and I'm tempted to pick one up for $400?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

On another note.Will a PS4 bought in the States work over here in terms of playing games bought in Ireland?.Reason being the brother is over there ATM and I'm tempted to pick one up for $400?

It will, but if it breaks over here Sony will not honour the full warranty and you cannot send it back to them.

Dont be doing that they think we are all MS fanboys to the death and have no interest in PS4 :P:P

Id imagine with a travel adaptor for the plug and going into the settings to make sure they are changed to EU TV / media settings you would be sweet
    Xenji wrote: »
    It will, but if it breaks over here Sony will not honour the full warranty and you cannot send it back to them.

That's a tad bit harsh and very uncustomer friendly of Sony to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It'll work for games, may not in the future for blu ray films.

Have him try it out when over there, the only issue the PS4 has is if it was dead in the box and you'd need to deal with SCE america rather than europe.

Varik wrote: »
    Have him try it out when over there, the only issue the PS4 has is if it was dead in the box and you'd need to deal with SCE america rather than europe.

Makes alot more sense than they wont do anything for you, it's pretty much standard thing for things electronics online

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dont be doing that they think we are all MS fanboys to the death and have no interest in PS4 :P:P

Id imagine with a travel adaptor for the plug and going into the settings to make sure they are changed to EU TV / media settings you would be sweet

That's a tad bit harsh and very uncustomer friendly of Sony to say the least

As far as I know it the same applies to both consoles, as the warranties only cover the console in the country purchased, it was that way for the 360 anyway.

Why on earth would they?

Because the prices are set for different regions for a reason,you circumventing it is not a feature,for either console.
    No thats about how games are shared.

Exactly,nothing to do with buying games from a different region
    Seriously thats your counter??? Based on 7 "users" having license problems while the rest of the XB1 community freely download and share purchased games and DLC from different regions saving their pockets to boot rolleyes.pngrolleyes.pngrolleyes.pngrolleyes.png

Yes that is my retort,it shows there are issues with importing digital copies

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Makes alot more sense than they wont do anything for you, it's pretty much standard thing for things electronics online

They still might not do anything for you, SCEA are unlikely to pay for shipping to Europe and back.

Considering that the link you provided us with is from February of this year and I've bought digital copies of Titanfall and Watch dogs in March and May respectively.i doubt it's a problem as of yet
    But nice try.

So what if its from february? Still indicates instances where people have had issues. Not like its 10 years ago

Maybe one day you will get that error for your copies of Titanfall and Watch Dogs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Cormac... wrote: »
    So I should buy a new console to play a game I can already play on many of my existing consoles simply because it will look a bit better?

I really do not get this argument, it just doesn't register with me.

No argument, I said if you haven't played it, it's that good that it's worth buying a PS4 for.

Because the prices are set for different regions for a reason,you circumventing it is not a feature,for either console.

Yes it's called currency fluctuation, it's why Microsoft for example wouldnt refund the digital games that I bought in Euro into my US payment profile because they loseout on currency fluctuation.

Do you really think that MS making games and DLC region free, giving you ability to switch regions easily via settings panel and most importantly give you ability to create multiple payment profiles on the same gamertag is not by design??????
    Exactly,nothing to do with buying games from a different region

Sigh, it was never supposed to be about regions. It was do with sharing, hence the sharing link or put it simply how XB1 users are enjoying AAA title day one releases like Watch Dogs for just €20 of which they were given this feature by MS
    Yes that is my retort,it shows there are issues with importing digital copies

7 people or about 0.00014% of XB1 owners having issues does not equate to a region lock of games by Microsoft in any shape or form. Your retort and that link is reaching and reaching hard :o:o

• Advertisement

Yes it's called currency fluctuation, it's why Microsoft for example wouldnt refund the digital games that I bought in Euro into my US payment profile because they loseout on currency fluctuation.

Do you really think that MS making games and DLC region free, giving you ability to switch regions easily via settings panel and most importantly give you ability to create multiple payment profiles on the same gamertag is not by design??????

So because its easy to do means MS want you to do it? Or the ip content holders allow it? Its a backdoor....
    Sigh, it was never supposed to be about regions. It was do with sharing, hence the sharing link.

How has sharing content across accounts on one console got anything to do with region circumventing as a feature? Thats how you do it,nothing to do with it being a feature:rolleyes: It is you,sir,who are reaching....

Oh god, here we go again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Put the key back on the hook fellas, this old girl has life in her yet!

Cormac... wrote: »
    Oh god, here we go again

I try not to rise to it really I do but when you have the likes of silly posts above and logic blinkers firmly on what is one to do :confused::confused::confused::confused:
    So because its easy to do means MS want you to do it? Or the ip content holders allow it? Its a backdoor....

OK lets go back to very simple basics. IF the IP holders had a problem with MS allowing it they would not be selling their wares on the MS store would they?
    Maybe one day you will get that error for your copies of Titanfall and Watch Dogs....

Maybe one day your PS4 will grow legs and start doing some flamenco dancing around your living room in a fluffy red dress.

Doesnt mean it's going to happen any time soon :D:D

So what if its from february? Still indicates instances where people have had issues. Not like its 10 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

RasTa wrote: »
    No argument, I said if you haven't played it, it's that good that it's worth buying a PS4 for.

Looking at it from a different prospective I would say if you own a PS4 it's a game you should consider buying.

• Grayditch wrote: »
    Put the key back on the hook fellas, this old girl has life in her yet!

It's so easy to get back into this thread. I was giving out stink a couple of weeks back but I just can't help myself :pac::pac::pac:

OK lets go back to very simple basics. IF the IP holders had a problem with MS allowing it they would not be selling their wares on the MS store would they?

Getting back to basics is my original point,can circumventing region restrictions be considered a feature for a console? NO it cannot. Region restrictions are there for a reason.

Regardless of how easy MS make it for you to do that

Sorry man im not trying to put the mockers on you:p

• Advertisement

Getting back to basics is my original point,can circumventing region restrictions be considered a feature for a console? NO it cannot. Region restrictions are there for a reason.

OK one last try at this. There are no region restrictions its region free , there is nothing to circumvent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement