Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Looking at it from a different prospective I would say if you own a PS4 it's a game you should consider buying.

I'm as excited about this as you where about Titanfall and I've already played it, holding out on playing the DLC as I thought this would happen.

I'm very interested to see the sales figures, not sure if it will be a system seller but it's a must have title, not consider.

It's top on Zavvi pre order chart, top 10 in best sellers for Amazon which is strange considering it's the most expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

miju wrote: »
    OK one last try at this. There are no region restrictions its region free , there is nothing to circumvent

So on your second account is there any american address?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yeah, if you haven't played TLOU and don't own a PS3, it's definitely worth buying a PS4 to play it. One of the best games, if not the best imo, released in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Benzino wrote: »
    Yeah, if you haven't played TLOU and don't own a PS3, it's definitely worth buying a PS4 to play it. One of the best games, if not the best imo, released in the last few years.

Very much on the edge to buy a PS4 for it after going halves with the bro to buy a ps3 for it last year.I was just amazed at how good it looked on last gen.Beautiful game.

Very much on the edge to buy a PS4 for it after going halves with the bro to buy a ps3 for it last year.I was just amazed at how good it looked on last gen.Beautiful game.

Yeah I think I'll pick it up again, fantastic game. Plus, it'll be a good excuse to play the MP again as it is also excellent, doesn't get the credit it deserves in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

No its not, get a lend of a friends ps3 and game and finish it in a day or two and save yourself €470, pow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

nix wrote: »
    No its not, get a lend of a friends ps3 and game and finish it in a day or two and save yourself €470, pow!

Yes it is. Buy a PS4+TLOU bundle and enjoy one of the best games in recent years. Brilliant singleplayer and multiplayer, with all of the additional content the Remastered version has, as well as an impressive greaphical overhaul. Gain an outstanding next gen console in the process too, zonk!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I'm looking forward to TLOU, didn't buy it on PS3 so will be the first time playing it... better live up to the praise it gets !

Destiny in a couple of months too, so really if you can afford a PS4/XB1... and are planning on playing these few games, theres no real reason not to dive in.

Otacon wrote: »
    Yes it is. Buy a PS4+TLOU bundle and enjoy one of the best games in recent years, both singleplayer and multiplayer, and gain an outstanding next gen console in the process, zonk!

No, i got a lend of it for my ps3 and finished it within a day, saved myself a fortune. It was a good game, i really enjoyed it, but its very short.

And i got a Wii U, which imo beats the **** out of ps4/xbox1 with regards to games i have/wanna play ;)

I still have my ps3 which i can play the same games a ps4 can if i so choose ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

No, i got a lend of it for my ps3 and finished it within a day, saved myself a fortune. It was a good game, i really enjoyed it, but its very short.

And i got a Wii U, which imo beats the **** out of ps4/xbox1 with regards to games i have/wanna play ;)

I still have my ps3 which i can play the same games a ps4 can if i so choose ;)

TLOU is a 20+ hour game, with excellent replay value (in terms of difficulty levels that actually add something to the game rather than make you weaker and enemies stronger). It also has an excellent multiplayer mode.

I plan on getting a Wii U, but not until the new Zelda game comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

TLOU took me about 30 hours if you include the DLC when I finally got around to playing it.

Otacon wrote: »
    TLOU is a 20+ hour game, with excellent replay value (in terms of difficulty levels that actually add something to the game rather than make you weaker and enemies stronger). It also has an excellent multiplayer mode.

I plan on getting a Wii U, but not until the new Zelda game comes out.

Didn't feel like 20 hours worth to me :(

I played it on normal, i cant see it being much harder on hard setting, the clickers are easy to take down once you have a moltov, throw bricks/cans to center point of all clickers, have all clickers run to it, then throw moltov, they die your free to run around and loot, once i figured that out it was smooth sailing, the only things i could see being a challenge are the big ****ers, but again, throw bricks at them to lure clickers around them and moltov, the only part i can foresee being a problem is
    the gym part

Its defo worth picking up on the Ps3 if ya have one, or again, just get a lend.

It is not worth buying a Ps4 for just to play it, that to me is insane :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Xenji wrote: »
    TLOU took me about 30 hours if you include the DLC when I finally got around to playing it.

Same here, took me about 5 days to finish it putting in about 6 hours a day. No way can you finish this game in one day, it's not short at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It is not worth buying a Ps4 for just to play it, that to me is insane :eek:

No console is worth buying for just one game in fairness. But if you've never played the games and are ob the fence about picking up a PS4 for all the games it will have then TLoU pack is a great way to start enjoying a PS4.

I'm buying this game again to play with better graphics and frame rate. Just wish I could wipe me memory of playing it the first time.

Same here, took me about 5 days to finish it putting in about 6 hours a day. No way can you finish this game in one day, it's not short at all.

Ok not 24 hours exactly, i did hockey it out of it, i started say in the evening and was pretty much finished it at the end of the next day, i didnt actually finish it the next day , i saved it right before the end but was unaware it was the end, i would have kept going to finish it, but lets say i finished it within 2 days to be safe.

I saved it just at part where
    you've to save the girl from the operation, it ends right after this and i thought there was alot left so saved it for the next day.

I loved the experience, its a great game, the only game on the ps3 that actually felt fresh and full of creativity, but again, its not worth buying a ps4 over, you may aswell just get a ps3 and play it on that and save yourself a fortune. The graphical difference between ps3/4 is in no way ground breaking, atleast not to me, it looks amazing on ps3 anyway..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

TLOU could have done with being a little bit leaner IMO. Trim a handful of the more repetitive combat sections (especially the sniper rifle genocide you commit at one point) and you'd have punchier narrative.

Length doesn't equate to value for money or quality anyway, but even if it did it's hardly like anyone buys a console for one game alone. There's no doubt whatsoever going to be a significant amount of worthwhile games on all the existing consoles, so the cost of entry is a long term investment rather than the price for immediate gratification after playing a single title.
    the only game on the ps3 that actually felt fresh and full of creativity

God no. As a matter of fact there's several games - from Journey to the Last Guy to Valkyria Chronicles - that were far more ambitious and creative in terms of design.

Last of Us was great, but it effectively takes long existing forms of storytelling and gameplay and simply adds an extra layer of artistry and characterisation to proceedings. There's nothing fundamentally game changing about it at all. It's fresh for that reason, but there's a load of far more experimental titles on the platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

OK one last try at this. There are no region restrictions its region free , there is nothing to circumvent

I backed out of this agreement weeks ago, but I can't let this comment go.

If there is nothing to circumvent then why the need for false addresses to circumvent the security checks?

If it's region free there should be no need to to do anything but buy the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

NORTH1 wrote: »
    If there is nothing to circumvent then why the need for false addresses to circumvent the security checks?

It's for the payment profile and US state tax purposes and it's only half incorrect address wise. I can switch to US region without entering in any details at all

It's for the payment profile and US state tax purposes and it's only half incorrect address wise. I can switch to US region without entering in any details at all

But can you buy the games without putting in the address?

EoinHef wrote: »
    But can you buy the games without putting in the address?

Well you cant setup a payment profile without an address for your credit card that matches your card address

• Advertisement

Well you cant setup a payment profile without an address for your credit card that matches your card address

How much do you think your saving by doing this? Percentage wise roughly?

Well on US PSN, you can get a game for about €40-€45. Considering most games are €65 in store, you are talking about 30-40% saving.

Well on US PSN, you can get a game for about €40-€45. Considering most games are €65 in store, you are talking about 30-40% saving.

Can you do this on the playstation system as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

If its okay with Microsoft then its okay with me :D
    Neogaf wrote:
    Responding to gamers on NeoGAF, Microsoft’s Albert Penello clarified a few points about Xbox One importing. He stressed that all Xbox One games are ‘world-wide signed’ (region-free), and that he console will work anywhere, but cautioned gamers to bear in mind power supplies in different territories.

He added of payment details by country, “You can use one of the 13 digital marketplaces corresponding to our launch markets, assuming you have a valid payment instrument for those countries. Lots of people in Europe specifically travel, move, and visit family.

“Now, of course, if you were using Pre-Paid cards … You will still find that music and video content can be geo-restricted based on licensing. (e.g. Netflix works only in supported countries)”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/16/xbox-one-games-are-not-region-locked-microsoft-clarifies-import-stance/

Also the family sharing plan is on the list of features that will appear on XB1. This means XB1 owners would be able to share games with a few(not defined) other Xbox One gamers. As is we can share with 1 other XB1 owner.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/06/microsoft-return-of-xbox-one-family-sharing-is-part-of-update-roadmap/

Problem unfortunately for you guys is DLC is region locked whereas its not an issue on the XB1

For PS4 is would be about 34% while on XB1 it would be a WHOPPER of 68% savings and thats assuming you cant pick it up on sale at some stage.

That like nearly 3 AAA games for the price of 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Also the family sharing plan is on the list of features that will appear on XB1. This means XB1 owners would be able to share games with a few(not defined) other Xbox One gamers. As is we can share with 1 other XB1 owner.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/06/microsoft-return-of-xbox-one-family-sharing-is-part-of-update-roadmap/

Sorry... had to, it was the best burn ever at an E3 :D

Can you do this on the playstation system as well?

Yup, pretty much any system/service that have some region restrictions can be bypassed by either entering a fake address or using different dns settings or a vpn.

Funny you can just do it without entering an american address,all the guides ive seen require an address in the region your purchasing from

Yup, pretty much any system/service that have some region restrictions can be bypassed by either entering a fake address or using different dns settings or a vpn.

See thats a backdoor and circumventing systems. Theres none of that messing around with with MS and XB1 just straight up quick savings on digital games ;)

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    Funny you can just do it without entering an american address,all the guides ive seen require an address in the region your purchasing from

I'm not the only one it depends on where you are inputting the information, via xbox.com , live.com or the XB1 one itself. You cant actually put in a fake address because your card wont validate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement