Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

miju wrote: »
    Problem unfortunately for you guys is DLC is region locked whereas its not an issue on the XB1

Meh, I guess if you brought a game here and only learned about the above afterwards it'd be annoying, but I buy all my games from US PSN so doesn't affect me
    For PS4 is would be about 34% while on XB1 it would be a WHOPPER of 68% savings and thats assuming you cant pick it up on sale at some stage.

Are you including the game-sharing feature with that? If so, that is very misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Problem unfortunately for you guys is DLC is region locked whereas its not an issue on the XB1

It is not a problem though, if you are buying from the US PSN Store you will already have a US account set up which only takes two minutes, you can download or buy the DLC from the same account. It is the same way as if you buy a game from VGP, just login with your US account and get the DLC from there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Benzino wrote: »
    Are you including the game-sharing feature with that? If so, that is very misleading.

Whats misleading about it? When you game share thats the savings you can achieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

For PS4 is would be about 34% while on XB1 it would be a WHOPPER of 68% savings and thats assuming you cant pick it up on sale at some stage.

That like nearly 3 AAA games for the price of 1 :)

Where you getting these numbers from ? I just checked and watchdogs on both services is $60 on the US store..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't understand this point though. Surely the DLC would also be cheaper from the US store, which means if you were buying your game from there, you'd surely get the DLC from there too? So it being region locked doesn't matter.

That like nearly 3 AAA games for the price of 1

But that's ONE game; COD Ghosts. All AAA titles aren't approx €20 on the US Xbox Marketplace. You're not comparing like with like unless this is something happening with many AAA games outside of any type of sale.

• Advertisement

See thats a backdoor and circumventing systems. Theres none of that messing around with with MS and XB1 just straight up quick savings on digital games ;)

That post was simply explaining how any region restricted service/software can be bypassed.

You are circumventing the system when you have to add a US address. It doesn't matter if that is for tax purposes only, you are still circumventing it.

And just for clarity, the Playstation is exactly the same. Just enter a fake US address and you are sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm not the only one it depends on where you are inputting the information, via xbox.com , live.com or the XB1 one itself. You cant actually put in a fake address because your card wont validate

Isn't part of the process putting in a fake New Hampshire address to avoid extra sales tax on the American store price?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Penn wrote: »
    I don't understand this point though. Surely the DLC would also be cheaper from the US store, which means if you were buying your game from there, you'd surely get the DLC from there too? So it being region locked doesn't matter.

That's what I was thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It's so easy to get back into this thread. I was giving out stink a couple of weeks back but I just can't help myself :pac::pac::pac:

get back to dark souls you :p

Whats misleading about it? When you game share thats the savings you can achieve?

It's misleading cause you are suggesting the price difference between buying a game from the US store and the Irish store is 68%. It is not, it is about 34%, just like the PS.

What you are doing is sharing the game with a friend, and thus splitting the cost between 2 people. That is very misleading, and you know it.

P.S. The game share is a great feature for the Xbox One, which everybody should use if they can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I'm not the only one it depends on where you are inputting the information, via xbox.com , live.com or the XB1 one itself. You cant actually put in a fake address because your card wont validate

So now your saying you may have to put the billing info in somewhere else other than your xbox?

Thought it was just "Xbox On" and buy cheap games.......

The only disadvantage I can see is that if you brought a game in Ireland or on the Irish store, you would not be able to get the DLC cheaper from the US store.

But once you know about US PSN, you are unlikely to buy from anywhere else really.
    But that's ONE game; COD Ghosts. All AAA titles aren't approx €20 on the US Xbox Marketplace. You're not comparing like with like unless this is something happening with many AAA games outside of any type of sale.

What he is doing is splitting the cost of the game with a friend, and then sharing the game. You are correct though, he is not comparing like for like, the cost difference between the PSN and MS Marketplace are pretty much exactly the same.

It's misleading cause you are suggesting the price difference between buying a game from the US store and the Irish store is 68%. It is not, it is about 34%, just like the PS.

What you are doing is sharing the game with a friend, and thus splitting the cost between 2 people. That is very misleading, and you know it.

I fail to see how its misleading. If was to buy a game from the US PS store it would cost me avg about €40 with no way of making it cheaper.

I buy the same game in the US MS store for €40 and I have the great option to split cost with a friend so its then 50% cheaper.

Nothing misleading there and thats quite clear and simple me thinks

EoinHef wrote: »
    So now your saying you may have to put the billing info in somewhere else other than your xbox?

Thought it was just "Xbox On" and buy cheap games.......

Has Sony not got multiple ways for you to access all your account details through your email and stuff all linked together?

Personally, I prefer the "Xbox Go to Store" and then buy cheap games. Xbox On is very over rated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I fail to see how its misleading. If was to buy a game from the US PS store it would cost me avg about €40 with no way of making it cheaper.

I buy the same game in the US MS store for €40 and I have the great option to split cost with a friend so its then 50% cheaper.

It's really not clear and simple. It's the equivalent of me saying brand new AAA games only cost €35 in the shop because me and my brother go halves on them and share them.

:rolleyes:

When discussing the cost difference between the Irish and US stores, you said:

At no point did you mention the Game Share feature which cuts the cost in half. How is that not misleading? And the simple fact that 2 people here thought you meant the price of a game in the sale and not the game share feature proves it's misleading.

:rolleyes:

When discussing the cost difference between the Irish and US stores, you said:

At no point did you mention the Game Share feature which cuts the cost in half. How is that not misleading? And the simple fact that 2 people here thought you meant the price of a game in the sale and not the game share feature proves it's misleading.

Well considering we've been talking about US account and game sharing for last few pages I cant help it if some people are bit slow on the uptake :cool:

Has Sony not got multiple ways for you to access all your account details through your email and stuff all linked together?

Personally, I prefer the "Xbox Go to Store" and then buy cheap games. Xbox On is very over rated :)

Got nothing to do with the issues at hand,and by the way yes your account details can be accessed in many ways on PSN

At some point in the process you have circumvented the region restrictions,weather its creating a MS profile and setting its region and then downloading it to your Xbox or adding an american address to one of your live profiles......so again i put it to you this is not a feature but a backdoor?

Although at this stage id never expect you to admit it:rolleyes:

At some point in the process you have circumvented the region restrictions,weather its creating a MS profile and setting its region and then downloading it to your Xbox or adding an american address to one of your live profiles......so again i put it to you this is not a feature but a backdoor?

Tell you what go sign up for a Live.com account (you wont turn to ash I promise :P:P:P ) go into your settings and then look at your payment profiles and payment regions and then come back to me :D:D:D:D:D

You dont have to download anything, its one of the beauties of having an intra linked account between your email, onedrive, office, xb1 and phone etc really is a thing of beauty :):)

You've not been paying attention again :(

Well considering we've been talking about US account and game sharing for last few pages I cant help it if some people are bit slow on the uptake :cool:

Jeez, just admit it was misleading and stop

clutching_at_straws.jpg

• Advertisement

Tell you what go sign up for a Live.com account (you wont turn to ash I promise :P:P:P ) go into your settings and then look at your payment profiles and payment regions and then come back to me :D:D:D:D:D

You dont have to download anything, its one of the beauties of having an intra linked account between your email, onedrive, office and xb1 etc :):)

You've not been paying attention again :(

I have a live account,and yes i can see the page where it says payment options. I can also see on the "Basic Info" section where you are changing you region to US,thus circumventing region restrictions

I have a live account,and yes i can see the page where it says payment options. I can also see on the "Basic Info" section where you are changing you region to US,thus circumventing region restrictions

My basic info actually says Region: Ireland :)

Your looking at the wrong section how do I know that magical fact you ask????

Well simply because "Basic Info" is not payment and billing. The clue is in the name of the section :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My basic info actually says Region: Ireland :)

Your looking at the wrong section how do I know that magical fact you ask????

Well simply because "Basic Info" is not payment and billing. The clue is in the name of the section :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah had a look at both:rolleyes: Guess ill just have to take your word on your region settings:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And seen as you only post facts here i believe you:rolleyes::(:confused::rolleyes::(:confused:

Yeah had a look at both:rolleyes: Guess ill just have to take your word on your region settings:rolleyes::rolleyes:

And seen as you only post facts here i believe you:rolleyes::(:confused::rolleyes::(:confused:

good stuff :):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

good stuff :):):):):):)

I feel a group hug imminent. .......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Me and two of my mates bought *randomPS4game*... PS4 games are cheaper. Sound logic.

How long does it take to circumvent region locking on the PS4? And how long does it take to do the equivalent on Xbox One?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Microsoft dropped the ban hammer last year over a few instances of miss-priced games on certain stores, Sony and EA (on PC) have done it for those accessing foreign regions. I think Steam do it with those using VPN on their theirs, but not keys from different regions.

It won't last, sooner or later they'll start checking ips and issuing bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Grayditch wrote: »
    How long does it take to circumvent region locking on the PS4? And how long does it take to do the equivalent on Xbox One?

2 minutes on the PS4, a few seconds if you already have set up a US PSN account.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    2 minutes on the PS4, a few seconds if you already have set up a US PSN account.

And what benefits are there for doing things the Xbox way instead, of you had one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement