Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Penn wrote: »
    While it probably wouldn't be enough to make them not release their games on XB1, I can imagine PS4 getting access to exclusive or earlier DLC releases further down the line.

Isn't the exact same thing happening on the ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Quick question, is there a limit on the number of accounts you can create on PS4 and Xb1?

Myrddin wrote: »
    That's the point I was making :) & fyp

I know I was agreeing with you and pointing out that once banned you lose access to all purchases, even ones made on your own country's store.
    miju wrote: »
    Well Pulitzer goes to you for your powers of investigative journalism, thing is though what platforms do I currently own ?

Oh look, petty insults in place of any discussion. I own a PS4 but don't feel the need to get upset and on the offensive whenever I read a negative comment directed at it. Honestly I couldn't care less what anyone says about it or in fact any product I own. If you find yourself doing so then you're a fanboy and there's something kind of sad about that. That people need to go on the attack because another person doesn't agree is just pointless. Microsoft have a clear history of handing out bans to people and saying that doing something that circumvents their terms of use is a feature of the console is simply not true. People buying from the other markets on their One are doing something Xbox frown upon and I imagine that were they outselling Sony they would la ready have cracked down on it. But hey, the fact that I don't own a One obviously means that I can't have an opinion on it, even if I have owned an Xbox and the 360 since each respective launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

But please continue and dont let the facts get in your way I love reading your pro PS website articles too :D:D:D

What does this have to do with anything? You let yerself down with this kind of thing. Seems a constant with certain people on this thread.
    • Make a statement.
    • Statement is legitimately challenged.
    • ...Call them fanboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

€40 odd for an AAA title or €20 if you gamertag share. I'm not exactly sure how you see this has not being a big benefit. At this stage I've probably saved the equivalent of half of the price of the console itself (quick tally in about €190 saved)

Unless of course you like paying the €65 odd blips for a game because anything (temp or otherwise) that gives savings to gamers is definitely a benefit.

At those prices your not worried about trading in value and getting ripped by Gamestop and you have rights to game permanently (so theres another benefit)

Putting region loophole as benefit to any console is quite a stupid thing. And by the way, both consoles can exploit that loophole. So I don't see how it benefit one or another console to look better.

I am not judging anyone for doing this, but I am not for promoting this and when it will bite those who abuse it in the arse, then don't be coming here and cry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

maximoose wrote: »
    Isn't the exact same thing happening on the ps4?

With some games, yeah. GTAV apparently has exclusive PS4 content. Most Ubisoft action games tend to have additional missions for PS3/4. Probably a good few more that I'm forgetting.

MS at E3 did reveal some exclusive/early DLC they're getting too, so while the scales are probably tipped more towards PS4, I can see it tipping further in future with PS4 getting a lot more than they're currently getting.

Can anyone link to details about the game sharing function on XB1? I remember reading about it before the XB1 release (when it was removed) but want to see how it actually works now.

I just used gamesharing on PS4, and I think the only downside is you can't have two users playing the same game at the same time, as you need to have the Primary user activated on both, which you can't do, I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Can anyone link to details about the game sharing function on XB1? I remember reading about it before the XB1 release (when it was removed) but want to see how it actually works now.

Its very simple. Me and you are mates, i set your console as my home console, you set my console as your home console. Now we both have access to our own and each others games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is this it? - http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/games/playing-across-multiple-consoles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

ScreenShot2013-06-20at101841AM-1.png

How it was meant to be. Looks like its going that way now though.

Edit: Ignore the thing on the right, purely designed to annoy fanboys.

I stated it before but the main reason I went with the PS4 over the One was the manner in which Sony were actively pursuing indie developers. They pretty much handed the keys to the kingdom out to a number of innovative developers and it's really paying off. That and I was put off by Microsoft's anti-gamer stance, before launch everything seemed geared toward ensuring that they got every last cent out of their customers. They did do a 180 on most of it but still it left a bad taste in my mouth. I was tempted to pick one up recently but the whole, "kinect is no longer integral to it" put me off once more as did the fact that such an essential piece of kit was somewhat absent from the E3 show. Surely if the Kinect is what Microsoft have repeatedly said it was then they would be showing us all the ways in which we need it.

Yeah, I'd say developers will be chuffed at the idea of TEN people playing the one copy.

rizzla wrote: »

Now that, looks like the 'approved mechanism' they mention in the ToU...not swapping login details via pm's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

With some games, yeah. GTAV apparently has exclusive PS4 content. Most Ubisoft action games tend to have additional missions for PS3/4. Probably a good few more that I'm forgetting.

MS at E3 did reveal some exclusive/early DLC they're getting too, so while the scales are probably tipped more towards PS4, I can see it tipping further in future with PS4 getting a lot more than they're currently getting.

No, I meant as in game sharing! People talking about it on the previous page

ScreenShot2013-06-20at101841AM-1.png

Sony seem to be doing more for game sharing than Microsoft. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Far Cry 4 game sharing will work and hope we see more of it in the future.

Its very simple. Me and you are mates, i set your console as my home console, you set my console as your home console. Now we both have access to our own and each others games.

But can you play the same game at the same time? I remember when it was initially announced there was a chart of three friends and who could play which games owned by which friends.

Also, if you're setting someone else's console as your home console and vice versa, that's not a feature. It's taking advantage of a flaw in the system.

The FarCry game sharing idea reminds me of how the Nintendo DS used to do it. Which was kinda cool.

Myrddin wrote: »
    Now that, looks like the 'approved mechanism' they mention in the ToU...not swapping login details via pm's.

Yeah but that doesn't mention the limits of who can play which games and when. If one of those ten were playing a game from your library, the other 9 couldn't play any of your other games. Or at least that's what I remember of when it was originally announced.

It's not co-owning a game. It's a time-share :D

But can you play the same game at the same time? I remember when it was initially announced there was a chart of three friends and who could play which games owned by which friends.

Also, if you're setting someone else's console as your home console and vice versa, that's not a feature. It's taking advantage of a flaw in the system.

I was talking to one of the guys from Sony awhile back and he said that it was something they planned to work on in the future but for now they had no issues with people using the "primary console" workaround.

• Advertisement

Yeah but that doesn't mention the limits of who can play which games and when. If one of those ten were playing a game from your library, the other 9 couldn't play any of your other games. Or at least that's what I remember of when it was originally announced.

It's not co-owning a game. It's a time-share :D

It was meant to be you and 1 other nominated friend can play the same game(including dlc) at the same time.

2 or more of the nominated people couldn't play the same game at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sorry, but no way any publisher or developer would agree on their game being used by 10 people, but paying the price of one copy. If you really think MS would do game sharing like it's mentioned above, then you are vary vary naive person.

Right now MS gamesharing Is pure speculation as there were no hard facts on how it was supposed to work.
    Just recently your man said that MS looking in to bringing I'm game sharing back in to xbox one and looks like people grabed it and ran away with it, again, with no hard facts. ( unless there are some hard facts and concept revealed in last 2 weeks that I have not heard as I was too busy throwing my money at steam sale)

It was meant to be you and 1 other nominated friend can play the same game(including dlc) at the same time.

2 or more of the nominated people couldn't play the same game at the same time.

Yes. Found the pic I was talking about:
    Xbox%20Family%20Sharing%20Jun26%20Ken.png

Again, it simply doesn't compare to owning the game yourself, because if you co-owned a game (installed primarily on their console) and you were sharing it, you couldn't play it if someone else on their family list was playing one of their other games.

I can definitely see it going through some changes in the future. Developers/publishers simply can't be happy with something which so easily leads to less sales

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Grayditch wrote: »
    I just used gamesharing on PS4, and I think the only downside is you can't have two users playing the same game at the same time, as you need to have the Primary user activated on both, which you can't do, I don't think.

Lads in fairness hands down you have to give game sharing and out of market purchases to Xbox One. Saying anything else is pure silly.

The simplicity of game sharing is great on XB1. Also both gamers can play their shared games at the same time. Especially multiplayer games which can't be done on PS4 :'(

PS4 uses region locked DLC, Xbox One does not. Buy a game here in store and you cannot use the DLC from the US PSN store.

The constant 'Ohhh, PS4 can do it too is laughable'. Stick to the resolution arguments lads.

Sorry, but no way any publisher or developer would agree on their game being used by 10 people, but paying the price of one copy. If you really think MS would do game sharing like it's mentioned above, then you are vary vary naive person.

Right now MS gamesharing Is pure speculation as there were no hard facts on how it was supposed to work.
    Just recently your man said that MS looking in to bringing I'm game sharing back in to xbox one and looks like people grabed it and ran away with it, again, with no hard facts. ( unless there are some hard facts and concept revealed in last 2 weeks that I have not heard as I was too busy throwing my money at steam sale)

It deals a sharp blow to used games sales, so of course the devs publishers would like it. It would only work with digital copies of the game.

At most it can only be used by 2 people at once. The third tries to play it, it would send them to the marketplace. which might encourage an impulse buy if the player was that desperate to play.

Lads in fairness hands down you have to give game sharing and out of market purchases to Xbox One. Saying anything else is pure silly.

Again, the way they are currently being used to get cheap games is an exploit, not a selling feature. You have to break XBL ToU to game share on the Xbox One (something I've said here several times now, & quoted in fact, & it's continually ignored....hmmm)

The constant 'Ohhh, PS4 can do it too is laughable'. Stick to the resolution arguments lads.

Grow up, dude. And you're quoting me like I was driving a message when I was just talking about my findings with something I had just discovered.

The simplicity of game sharing is great on XB1. Also both gamers can play their shared games at the same time. Especially multiplayer games which can't be done on PS4 :'(

PS4 uses region locked DLC, Xbox One does not. Buy a game here in store and you cannot use the DLC from the US PSN store.

No I'd fully agree that game sharing and buying digitally from the US store are better/easier on XB1. But, labelling them as "features" or similar when they involve setting up different accounts, or setting your location as something it isn't, or sharing games with someone by making their console your home console when it isn't, that's silly, and a pure misrepresentation of what is actually allowed.

If you're in Ireland, setting someone else's console as your home console, and using workarounds to buy from the US store, are not "features". It doesn't mean AAA games only cost about €20 on XB1 but cost €70 on PS4, it's a complete twist of facts and systems.

That simply has to be the post that ends this particular debate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Grayditch wrote: »
    That simply has to be the post that ends this particular debate.

You're so naïve...bless.

In 3...2...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement