Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Varik wrote: »
    And you can buy a AAA game on the PS4 for the same price.
    miju wrote: »
    Ghosts is like $60 on the PS4 I can pick that up for €20 on XB1 so definitely not in same price range.

This is how it started. It's still hilarious to read. Way funnier than the 80 pages of Miju trying to duck and weave logic.

Just read this again...
    Ghosts is like $60 on the PS4 I can pick that up for €20 on XB1 so definitely not in same price range.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

EoinHef wrote: »
    This is your own quote from yesterday,i draw your attention to the part where it says "change region from the settings menu"?

So your contradicting yourself......

Once again and for the last time im gonna bother askin,backdoor much?

I'm failing to see the contradiction here really. Change settings to US for voice commands and US content but I buy the games on the xbox.com/en-US store

Where the contradiction :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Can't wait for the mass banwave, and all the Xbox owners who will have spent a fortune on digital games get some random error when trying to fire up said digital games....

It may not come now, or next year, but it will eventually, cast your mind back to the Rayman on the Oman marketplace debacle - loads of boardsies caught out on it and banned for it..

It was even on Bargain Alerts!

I know no action has been taken by Sony about this either but I would say eventually they will do something similar....

They didn't on PS3 but PS4 is a different kettle of fish...

Grayditch wrote: »
    This is how it started. It's still hilarious to read. Way funnier than the 80 pages of Miju trying to duck and weave logic.

But hang on I can get it for €20 so whats wrong there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I'm failing to see the contradiction here really. Change settings to US for voice commands and US content but I buy the games on the xbox.com/en-US store

Where the contradiction :confused::confused::confused:

Odd that you changed it to the US when changing it to the UK would achieve the same thing RE Kinect voice controls.

• Advertisement

This is what I asked earlier... Is it €20 in the XBox store?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Because you (intentionally or not) used different currencies and failed to mention splitting the cost with another person thereby giving a false equivalence

Otacon wrote: »
    Odd that you changed it to the US when changing it to the UK would achieve the same thing RE Kinect voice controls.

Because I dont want to pay UK prices if I decide to buy anything on a whim :P

Plus I really like the US Navy / Army recruitment adds and quizes. Apparently I should be a hostage negotiator

Penn wrote: »
    Because you (intentionally or not) used different currencies and failed to mention splitting the cost with another person thereby giving a false equivalence

Still 20 blips though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Because I dont want to pay UK prices if I decide to buy anything on a whim :P

confused_lion_king.gif

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    confused_lion_king.gif

Whats so confusing about that?

At the end of the day Miju's argument that the ability to change regions makes the One superior to the PS4 is nonsense. The exact same thing can be accomplished on the PS4 and takes only a matter of minutes to get up and running. Sure it's a little more complicated having to use PSN cards from that region but even then it's at most a minute or two of hassle. His argument is akin to looking at two different cars and saying one is superior because the media player in the car he bought turns on a fraction of a second quicker. It's nonsense and we all know it.

Still 20 blips though

The thing is that it's not, your original post about it left out the fact that you need to split the cost with another person meaning that you weren't comparing like with like. PS4 gamers can do the same thing if they give their log in details to another person.

It's still one of the single worst posts on this thread. I feel like applauding it, actually.

At the end of the day Miju's argument that the ability to change regions makes the One superior to the PS4 is nonsense.

I never actually made that claim thats the really funny thing :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

But the approved mechanism is that I can call around to my friends house and download my gamertag there which is why you can game share in first place.

Just saying and your involved now :)

Good try batman, adios.

The thing is that it's not, your original post about it left out the fact that you need to split the cost with another person meaning that you weren't comparing like with like. PS4 gamers can do the same thing if they give their log in details to another person.

But sure I wasn't talking about the PS4 I was talking about the XB1 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I never actually made that claim thats the really funny thing :P:P

You suggested it though, same difference....

I have a US PlayStation account and Xbox account, never really used it other than out of region demos though...

I actually remember setting up a JP Xbox one to play RE5 demo really early in the very early days.... :)

Good times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Theres another thing to consider with all this talk of marketplaces, has anyone tried to use any of the US apps ? They don't work unless you use a VPN/DNS workaround. So if they can and do geo ip lock those why not the game content then :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

calex71 wrote: »
    Theres another thing to consider with all this talk of marketplaces, has anyone tried to use any of the US apps ? They don't work unless you use a VPN/DNS workaround. So if they can and do geo ip lock those why not the game content then :confused:

They have stated very clearly that you will be able to play your games as you travel.

• Advertisement

You repeatedly spoke of how it was a feature that Microsoft implemented, you were obviously suggesting that it was an aspect of the machine that made it superior.

We know you were, we all picked up on that. Only you didn't state that you needed to split the cost with a friend, your post made it seem as if AAA titles could be got for 20 euro on Xbox which is a lie. When it was later cleared up that you only paid that when a friend paid the other half then it's no different to doing the same thing on the PS4. When the rest of us discuss the two consoles we compare like with like, hence why I said that getting a game for 20 euro is the same on both.

This is like saying...

PS4 is better, because I can touch my PS4.

But you can touch an Xbox.

AhHAAA, I never said you couldn't touch an Xbox.

What?

It's sort of a form of ...what's the word?...tr....trr... trying to be awkward.

calex71 wrote: »

Some will work and some wont it tends to be region locked for video stuff alright, altough that Bannaroo app was AWESOME for the weekend it was on.

You repeatedly spoke of how it was a feature that Microsoft implemented, you were obviously suggesting that it was an aspect of the machine that made it superior.

No you took it up that way , not my fault
    your post made it seem as if AAA titles could be got for 20 euro on Xbox which is a lie

But I can get it for €20 so how is it a lie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I got CoD Ghosts for free with my PS4... and I still overpaid.

I can get Ghosts for €17 on Playstation. I just checked there. It's €50 on Xbox One.

No you took it up that way , not my fault

You clearly made it out to be a feature of the console that made it better than what was on the PS4.

It's lying by omission and your comparison between the pricing on both consoles was nonsense as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

You can now by xbox one for 3 euro from argos!

But you need a mate to pay 396 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Errrmmmmmmmmm :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: ,

Ever bought a camera outside the EU ??? I have an I assure you it dont work like that

http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/leaflets/pn1878a.html
    2. Example of Standard Rate of Duty and VAT

1 ladies cotton dress which cost €400 (12% duty); 1 digital camera which cost €500 (0% duty) and 10 mens cotton shirts with a total cost of €600 (12% duty)
    Customs Duty:
    Dress is valued less than €430 and is allowed under the duty-free allowance.
    Digital camera is 0% duty and is not counted for Customs Duty.
    The standard rate of duty of 2.5% applies to the shirts as their value does not exceed €700, therefore €600 @ 2.5% = €15 Customs Duty due.
    VAT:
    Dress is allowed under the travellers allowance.
    The combined values of the camera (€500) and the shirts (€600) + the Customs Duty of €15, i.e. €1,115, is the value for VAT.
    So €1,115 @ 23% = €256.45 VAT due
    Total due is €15 Customs Duty + €256.45 VAT = €271.45

There's no custom duty on games or in this case cameras, but there is still vat if you buy it outside and bring it in.

You only argument seems to be " I didn't get caught so it's legit".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement