Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It literally doesn't even matter if you're right, at this stage, he's ****ing with the thread, so blatantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

67718-Anchorman-Im-not-even-mad-That-FAsp.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

miju wrote: »
    Still 20 blips though

You could get it cheaper on PS4 right now. Canadian store has it for $44.99 (€31), so you and a buddy could pay €15.50 each

jRmfsQh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

This is a good podcast about some of the serious issues the PS4 controller is having. I don't know how anyone could use one of these with the way the thumb sticks are in the wrong place. Also a serious amount of negative comments about the controller.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/04/08/podcast-beyond-is-your-ps4-controller-messed-up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

This is a good podcast about some of the serious issues the PS4 controller is having. I don't know how anyone could use one of these with the way the thumb sticks are in the wrong place. Also a serious amount of negative comments about the controller.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/04/08/podcast-beyond-is-your-ps4-controller-messed-up

The thumbsticks aren't in "the wrong place". That's an opinion, I prefer them being symmetrical, nothing wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The thumbsticks aren't in "the wrong place". That's an opinion, I prefer them being symmetrical, nothing wrong with it.

I don't really have a preference for where the stick is on either controller, but I far prefer where the D-Pad is on the Dualshocks than the 360/XB1 controllers.

The wearing of the pads on the sticks is a concern though. Haven't had it happen to either of mine luckily enough.

At least the PS4 comes with a controller. So does the Xbox One, but I mean, I never said it didn't, right?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

OK, haven't had a chance to properly look through this afternoon's shenanigans, but I'm going to draw a line under the region 'debate'. It's done. It was just going around and circles, and much of it was very clearly trolling and goading from each side. So no more, any subsequent posts bringing up the topic will be deleted.

We're going to have to get much stricter on inflammatory posts too. If you feel someone is trolling or being abusive, don't engage them on thread as seriously then you're going to be just as susceptible to a warning, infraction or ban as they are. You'll be amazed how ignoring flamebait will have a far more positive effect than responding to it (yes, even if you have the funniest meme). Report it and let us look at it - we're not online 24-7, but we will get the report and deal it with it accordingly. We've been very generous with on-thread warnings wherever possible, but the thread is seemingly getting worse by the day, so clearly that isn't a viable option any more.

Cheers folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

calex71 wrote: »

Why are you only mentioning the ONE, was this an exclusive to PS/PS4/PS4+PC or something.

Is it me or have driving game's names gotten worse, Drive club, the Club, and now this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Varik wrote: »
    Why are you only mentioning the ONE, was this an exclusive to PS/PS4/PS4+PC or something.

Is it me or have driving game's names gotten worse, Drive club, the Club, and now this.

I could be wrong but I thought this was originally a PS exclusive, open to correction though. All the videos I'd seen were PS4 and I quite liked what I saw of them. maybe I'm mistaking with with Drive Club ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Varik wrote: »

Could be worse...
    q3h7vEm.jpg

Since I got G27 I cant play racing games with controller. I planned getting Xbox one at some stage due to forza, but I doubt I will bother with Forza at all anymore.
    Same way I have no interest in Drive Club anymore, unless Sony brings g27 support to ps4.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

I loved Test Drive Unlimited 1 on last gen. Pity they made such a balls of No.2. Would have been great to see it on this generation

I loved Test Drive Unlimited 1 on last gen. Pity they made such a balls of No.2. Would have been great to see it on this generation

I still liked it. Game itself is good, but it got really bad rep due to rushed launch and servers going tits up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

I still liked it. Game itself is good, but it got really bad rep due to rushed launch and servers going tits up.

May give it another go. Citroen 2CV race around the entire island of Ibiza was great craic :D

May give it another go. Citroen 2CV race around the entire island of Ibiza was great craic :D

I actually have not tried it yet with 3 monitors and G27 yet. Only on a single monitor and 360 pad. I really need to give it a go again. Driving around the Island and opening new roads was a great crack.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The first TDU was outstanding, and then they screwed the sequel with the ugliest character avatars ever, as well as the nonsense story and dialogue.
    I wasn't a fan of locking a whole half of the game away until you meet requirements, for those of us who just wanted to drive around it was a pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

I'm not sure how relevant this is, I wouldn't really follow the mlg at all, or let it affect my thoughts on which way to go.......

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/blog/xbox-one-default-console-online-2k-tournaments?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Blog&utm_campaign=NG

But from the comments below the article, it's uncannily like here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

NORTH1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how relevant this is, I wouldn't really follow the mlg at all, or let it affect my thoughts on which way to go.......

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/blog/xbox-one-default-console-online-2k-tournaments?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Blog&utm_campaign=NG

All pro games are played on the xbox 1 (or the xbox 360)
    so it doesnt really change anything

mlg is very pro American so its obvious they would stick with their own market rather then the jap one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

From what I can gather, they didn't have it for the PS3 so really all that's happened is that they've dropped the 360. I can't imagine it makes a huge difference to people, does it?

When you say pro, Are these guys/girls payed to play? Is there a playstation equivalent?

Looks like a big lan party for bro-dudes who'd never go to a lan party.

Is the controller in the MLG logo the original DS controller? Looks like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

When you say pro, Are these guys/girls payed to play? Is there a playstation equivalent?

well pro players get payed if they win tournaments
    if their sponsored which most are by multiply companys, they get their plane tickets, hotels, joypads, jerseys all payed for by the sponsors

only downside in trying to be one is actually wasting your youth playing games all day everyday
    its mostly xbox and its mostly done in the US were the gaming scene is alot bigger on consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Dunno about cod and console pro gaming.. but some of the big competitive games have come a long way in recent years. LoL for example has multiple professional leagues with teams being paid salaries by the game developers and big prize money tournaments at the end of seasons. Dota2 typically has numerous big money tournaments throughout the year with one HUGE tournament hosted by Valve (the international). This year's community driven prize pool being over $10Million.. so probably 5M+ for the winners or something like that ! Pretty crazy.

Venues for these tournaments get more and more impressive.. like a regular LCS weekend recently being held in Wembley Arena for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

This thread is the darkest timeline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/blog/xbox-one-default-console-online-2k-tournaments

Xbox One to become default console for all MLG online 2K+ Tournaments

Another notch on the belt for Xbox One. Nice one.

Xbox One is starting to gain steam.

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition free on Xbox One today also :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement