Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Wasn't MLG always Xbox though ? What with it being American and all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Who actually... actually... like.. actually cares? Honestly.

People that watch/play competitive CoD:Ghosts i suppose... pretty obvious who cares no ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Magill wrote: »
    Wasn't MLG always Xbox though ? What with it being American and all ?
    Grayditch wrote: »
    People that watch/play competitive CoD:Ghosts i suppose... pretty obvious who cares no ? :D

It can be quite a bit to process, I understand.

Its a trending topic at the moment online so many gamers care from both camps. I just think fair play to XB1 for winning over the competitive vote :)

I guess this piece of news still more interesting that the last few pages and is actually... sort of relevant.

• Advertisement

I guess this piece of news still more interesting that the last few pages and is actually... sort of relevant.

I mean, its not really relevant to anyone bar the 0.001% of CoD players that actually plan on playing in MLG and its not really news as the league has always been Xbox only afaik.

Would be cool if some of these games had built in spectator modes though, like how they do it with DoTA (With actually being able to control the game and listen to whatever commentary you want) but I can't ever see Activation ever approving something that isn't garbage being put into their games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I mean, its not really relevant to anyone bar the 0.001% of CoD players that actually plan on playing in MLG and its not really news as the league has always been Xbox only afaik.

Would be cool if some of these games had built in spectator modes though, like how they do it with DoTA (With actually being able to control the game and listen to whatever commentary you want) but I can't ever see Activation ever approving something that isn't garbage being put into their games.

I think the percent of cod players that play mlg/gamebattles is alot higher then you think
    but then again this news is not really relevant to anyone in the EU as mlg is mainly American sadly, them tournaments can be quite fun when they do make eu ones which is very rarely

Microsoft have just announced that Xbox One can cure disease.
    I mean, its not really relevant to anyone bar the 0.001% of the worlds population.
    I'd rather die :(

I jest :P

Regarding competition its not the competitors that matter its the fans that buy all the competitive gear. Thats the power of it. I was surprised to be honest. I thought they would pick the PS4 because it is more powerful.

I'd buy an Xbox One if it I trusted the future quality of it's exclusive games. I've nothing against the thing at all. Wii U is well ahead of it for me now, for a third console to get. Second console is the PS3, of course. Actually, that may just be my first console.

Someday, something on this thread will make me want an Xbox One, but it won't be the announcement that they're using them for COD tournaments in America. There have been loads of announcements from Sony, that as a PS4 owner have made me say "Um... I don't care". I figured this would be the same for most Xbox One owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I'd buy an Xbox One if it I trusted the future quality of it's exclusive games. I've nothing against the thing at all. Wii U is well ahead of it for me now, for a third console to get. Second console is the PS3, of course. Actually, that may just be my first console.

Someday, something on this thread will make me want an Xbox One, but it won't be the announcement that they're using them for COD tournaments in America. There have been loads of announcements from Sony, that as a PS4 owner have made me say "Um... I don't care". I figured this would be the same for most Xbox One owners.

you seem like a hard to please kinda guy
    are you married by any chance ? :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm ridiculously easy to please. I bought a new console on day one and didn't spend months moaning about it. Just played games.

And I'm very flattered, but I'm spoken for, man.

• Grayditch wrote: »

Think you might be missing the point slightly; competitive gaming is on the rise in the EU.

So it kind of does matter, especially if your involved in LAN competitions etc..

It's still a PS4 vs Xbox1 thread at the end of the day.

Expecting Roy Keane gif....

Yeah, we sort of resolved this already, Mick.

• I see...still a bit touchy in here...

Anyway, here's a bit of news in relation to advertising.

http://www.ibtimes.com/ps4-vs-xbox-one-sony-spent-24-million-more-advertising-microsoft-january-2014-1617944

Makes sense, I see a lot more of the PS4 on the TV than the Xbox 1, especially during the Footie.

The difference in the two ads in that link mirror the difference between Sony and Microsoft lately, for me perfectly. I'm not gonna elaborate, cause it'll just come off bad for one of them, no matter how carefully I world it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

That is a great ad! (not mentioning which one :P )

The difference in the two ads in that link mirror the difference between Sony and Microsoft lately, for me perfectly. I'm not gonna elaborate, cause it'll just come off bad for one of them, no matter how carefully I world it.

The new Xbox ad is pretty much, "Look, seriosuly look we got that guy from that show you like and he plays Xbox. And look you can watch TV at the same time as playing a game" while the PS4 one is pretty much "here's the PS4 and it plays games and is fun".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Benzino wrote: »
    That is a great ad! (not mentioning which one :P )

Weird choice of song for the PS4 one, but the visuals, theme and message of the ad is really great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Finally, the good people from the planet Neutral have arrived to express their feelings :pac:

tumblr_m89m2ffL3m1r63eii.jpg

(Still a massive improvement - this thread of ours could use some cold hearted neutrality)

• The new Xbox ad is pretty much, "Look, seriosuly look we got that guy from that show you like and he plays Xbox. And look you can watch TV at the same time as playing a game" while the PS4 one is pretty much "here's the PS4 and it plays games and is fun".

Not sure if serious..

I mean the add with Jesse in it still implies the Xbox is fun. One add has a celebrity in it and the other doesn't.

In fairness that was clever advertising due to his current popularity.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Weird choice of song for the PS4 one, but the visuals, theme and message of the ad is really great.

I thought so too, until the end and I realised it was all about the bro love.

Finally, the good people from the planet Neutral have arrived to express their feelings :pac:

tumblr_m89m2ffL3m1r63eii.jpg

(Still a massive improvement - this thread of ours could use some cold hearted neutrality)

I've never understood how people take criticism of something they own so personal. I have a PS4 and you can call it a piece of crap for all I care and I won't so much as raise an eyebrow, yet there are people who seem to think that it's abuse directed at them. Oddly enough it only ever seems to be console owners or Apple users who get so offended, someone says your shoes aren't as good as theirs and you just shrug your shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

The new Xbox ad is pretty much, "Look, seriosuly look we got that guy from that show you like and he plays Xbox. And look you can watch TV at the same time as playing a game" while the PS4 one is pretty much "here's the PS4 and it plays games and is fun".

On advertising, anyone notice how many times that young tennis player Nick Kyrgios mentioned he plays Xbox yesterday. Or was that just me?

Imagine your mate coming over to the house and pointing at your kettle and saying... "Morphy Richards? You want a Breville mate"... then a fist fight ensues.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not sure if serious..

I mean the add with Jesse in it still implies the Xbox is fun. One add has a celebrity in it and the other doesn't.

In fairness that was clever advertising due to his current popularity.

It doesn't really look all that fun in the ad, especially when you have him asking thee Xbox to show him some TV. Maybe it's just me but when I'm gaming I don't want some distraction taking up to a third of my screen. The PS4 marketing campaign has been all about the games where as the One has been more about the features than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Imagine your mate coming over to the house and pointing at your kettle and saying... "Morphy Richards? You want a Breville mate"... then a fist fight ensues.

Go Samsung for everything, it's the popular bet!

• It doesn't really look all that fun in the ad, especially when you have him asking thee Xbox to show him some TV. Maybe it's just me but when I'm gaming I don't want some distraction taking up to a third of my screen. The PS4 marketing campaign has been all about the games where as the One has been more about the features than anything else.

Well the X1 has great multimedia usage as well as gaming features. I can understand why the add includes all of this, theres no point in MS not including this in the advertising. They are trying to distinguish themselves from Sony.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Well the X1 has great multimedia usage as well as gaming features. I can understand why the add includes all of this, theres no point in MS not including this in the advertising. They are trying to distinguish themselves from Sony.

By all means point it out but it seems as if Microsoft are really tryign to sell the One as a media player that can play games. Surely it should be the other way around. I assume that they are trying to attract nongamers to pick up the One whereas Sony seem to be letting the games speak for themselves.

By all means point it out but it seems as if Microsoft are really tryign to sell the One as a media player that can play games. Surely it should be the other way around. I assume that they are trying to attract nongamers to pick up the One whereas Sony seem to be letting the games speak for themselves.

As we seen at E3 this year Xbox's focus is clearly on games now. They did an all games presentation which was way more focused on games when compared to the bloated Sony presentation.

It was very much like both companies switched places after E3 2013. Microsoft were all games and Sony was media, media, media with some games.

I gave E3 to Nintendo followed by Microsoft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I've never understood how people take criticism of something they own so personal. I have a PS4 and you can call it a piece of crap for all I care and I won't so much as raise an eyebrow, yet there are people who seem to think that it's abuse directed at them. Oddly enough it only ever seems to be console owners or Apple users who get so offended, someone says your shoes aren't as good as theirs and you just shrug your shoulders.

Some people might be more emotionally invested in their shoes than you, especially if they spend a couple of hundred euros on a pair of new sneakers.

There's lot of different reasons that combine to make people fanboys and this is a really good article on it.
    http://youarenotsosmart.com/2010/05/19/fanboyism-and-brand-loyalty/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement