Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I think i choose ps4 over xbox one

why?

i'm the same but just wondering why...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I think i choose ps4 over xbox one
    in my opinion and again its just my opinion for multiplayer games like cod and battlefield the xbox one is the far superior console and the controller is way ahead of the ps4 in quality and comfort.

At the moment if you are a very casual gamer ps plus has great value in free games but xbox are gaining on them rapidly in terms of value for money.

The talk of massive graphic differences is bull tbh the naked eye would not determine whic you were playing.

My honest choice would be the xbox but i stress everyone will see different values with both systems.

The main thing is quality of controllers and the dualshock 4 is terrible

In saying that i am loving ps4 and cant wait for some big excclusives

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

in my opinion and again its just my opinion for multiplayer games like cod and battlefield the xbox one is the far superior console and the controller is way ahead of the ps4 in quality and comfort.

At the moment if you are a very casual gamer ps plus has great value in free games but xbox are gaining on them rapidly in terms of value for money.

The talk of massive graphic differences is bull tbh the naked eye would not determine whic you were playing.

My honest choice would be the xbox but i stress everyone will see different values with both systems.

The main thing is quality of controllers and the dualshock 4 is terrible

In saying that i am loving ps4 and cant wait for some big excclusives

you can't say the graphical difference is bull and then say the controller difference is massive. Most people i know prefer the PS4 controller whether hardcore or casual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I never get this "the controller is terrible" spiel, or "the online is infinitely better on X1 for MP".

There's no difference whatsoever, just preference. And I've been spending a lot of time messing around on the X1, too.

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    you can't say the graphical difference is bull and then say the controller difference is massive. Most people i know prefer the PS4 controller whether hardcore or casual.
    There is very little difference graphically which there isnt, remember i have both systems you have neither so i can compare them.. The ps4 controllers are terrible quality well the analogue sticks for sure.

I also said ps4 is a lovely machine ps plus is great value better than games for gold imo and i really am looking forward to all the sony exclusives

• Advertisement

Lads i am not getting ivolved in any fanboy arguments i have both i enjoy certain aspects of both and i am giving my opinion thats all my opinion

Ill actually review both in detail if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Lads i am not getting ivolved in any fanboy arguments i have both i enjoy certain aspects of both and i am giving my opinion thats all my opinion

Having an opinion on both if you own both, is not allowed in this thread:pac: even if you stress its only your opinion

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Having an opinion on both if you own both, is not allowed in this thread:pac: even if you stress its only your opinion
    wha annoys more is i also praised ps lol ah well

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    yeah if you skip a console generation and don't mind not having cutting edge graphics you should really get the console + games on the cheap and enjoy the hell out of it. A wii/ps3 combination would heaven for me if i hadn't already played through that generations. wish i hadn't so i could experience them all again for the first time!!
    I'm not suggesting at all that anyone skips a generation.
    It's actually unfortunate that, given the cost of the current consoles and their games that a lot of people have to choose one over the other at all.
    But right now, if you've never owned a PS3, it's a great time to own one, and just wait a year and jump in with the current gen console of your choice.
    Or, if you're a Xbox 1 owner who never owned a PS3 and has no intention of buying a PS4,for whatever mad reason, a PS3 will be a gateway to great games you're never likely to play.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm not suggesting at all that anyone skips a generation.
    It's actually unfortunate that, given the cost of the current consoles and their games that a lot of people have to choose one over the other at all.
    But right now, if you've never owned a PS3, it's a great time to own one, and just wait a year and jump in with the current gen console of your choice.
    Or, if you're a Xbox 1 owner who never owned a PS3 and has no intention of buying a PS4,for whatever mad reason, a PS3 will be a gateway to great games you're never likely to play.
    Couldnt agree more the older version of your own is a great option as loads to play and cheap

Wanna stress aswell if you can afford both one and 4 buy them both you will not be disappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭ESB Spaniel

Xbox 360 and Xbox One network is far superior to the ps4/ps3 network and I own all 4! Don't see any difference in controllers but I own consoles solely for it online features. So I can't say either is a better console but network wise xbox has my vote and was the same last gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Xbox 360 and Xbox One network is far superior to the ps4/ps3 network and I own all 4! Don't see any difference in controllers but I own consoles solely for it online features. So I can't say either is a better console but network wise xbox has my vote and was the same last gen.

In what way it is FAR superior? I dont have a single complain Network wises to PS4 and Sony. I play online Ghost, BF4, Killzone Warframe. Everything downloads steady and nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

In what way it is FAR superior? I dont have a single complain Network wises to PS4 and Sony. I play online Ghost, BF4, Killzone Warframe. Everything downloads steady and nicely.

my only complaint about psn compared to XBl is the strange maintenance hours sony use other than that its fine

The controller comments again i find it grand compared to the Xbone controller apart from the battery being ****e

Did you not play ps3 online my friend? And from what I have played on cod online on ps4 and fifa14 the servers are shocking lagging outta games and take a lot longer to find games also. So there is 2 superior points there. Bf4 runs a lot smother on xbox online also! Just google it mate and see the problems ps4 is having(don't own it in ps4).

NTMK wrote: »
    my only complaint about psn compared to XBl is the strange maintenance hours sony use other than that its fine

The controller comments again i find it grand compared to the Xbone controller apart from the battery being ****e
    the analogue sticks are a much bigger problem than the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

bf4 is awfull full stop, and has problems on every platform
    from sound glitchs to lagging out, to freezes :/

xbox 360 servers were far better then the ps3 ones, I think alot of people would agree with that

but ps4 servers (assuming they have changed or updated the ps3 ones) are no different too the xbox one servers
    this cloud thing for xbox one , is great and all but has not exactly been used on many games, hopefully that will change, as its a big advantage for us Irish people :P

only thing with ps4 servers is the maintenance times, but their all for the good of the servers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

the analogue sticks are a much bigger problem than the battery

analogue sticks are fine theyre probably better than the xbone (less of a deadzone but thats a very subjective debate).

i havent experienced any issues with wear though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Did you not play ps3 online my friend? And from what I have played on cod online on ps4 and fifa14 the servers are shocking lagging outta games and take a lot longer to find games also. So there is 2 superior points there. Bf4 runs a lot smother on xbox online also! Just google it mate and see the problems ps4 is having(don't own it in ps4).

They're all EA's and Activision's own servers.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    bf4 is awfull full stop, and has problems on every platform
    from sound glitchs to lagging out, to freezes :/

xbox 360 servers were far better then the ps3 ones, I think alot of people would agree with that

but ps4 servers (assuming they have changed or updated the ps3 ones) are no different too the xbox one servers
    this cloud thing for xbox one , is great and all but has not exactly been used on many games, hopefully that will change, as its a big advantage for us Irish people :P

only thing with ps4 servers is the maintenance times, but their all for the good of the servers :)

Bf4 had a lot of issues that I think are slowly been ironed out, it's been along time since I get lag and freezes!!!! Runs 99% apart from the sound thing. Well my opinion is that the xbox whole online experience and servers are better on FIFA 14 and on Cod! And again it's my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Every time I think I'm sure which to buy this threads makes me change my mind :D I really can't make up my mind which one to get now

Varik wrote: »
    They're all EA's and Activision's own servers.

Which run on xbox and psn networks!!!

NTMK wrote: »

I just find the "network FAR more better" comments strange. I doubt there is even any difference when it comes to next gen consoles. Unless having 8 year olds telling you that they will **** your mother over Xbox live is that FAR superior experience.

As for PS4 controller. I have to admit, that quality of it is a bit **** and battery is just plain ****. Thanks god I got two of them.
    I dont have that mysterious problem of rubbers wearing off, but my L1 button gets slightly stuck. It happens only in Warframe though as you hammer that L1 like a boss 24/7.
    Triggers are a bit **** too after all. A lot better then PS3, but they are still not great. I find using single shots weapons just very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

my brother has an Xbox One the controller feels great except the lb and rb buttons are very stiff and unresponsive,just cant get used to them.

TheGunns wrote: »
    Every time I think I'm sure which to buy this threads makes me change my mind :D I really can't make up my mind which one to get now
    get hands on with both and make your own choice both great systems you wont be disappointed whatever choice you make

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

get hands on with both and make your own choice both great systems you wont be disappointed whatever choice you make

What games do you have for the xbox one and ps4 if you don't mind me asking?

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    my brother has an Xbox One the controller feels great except the lb and rb buttons are very stiff and unresponsive,just cant get used to them.

I thought that as well when I bought the console in release but both controllers have loosened up!!! Was a disaster for playin one two passes on FIFA and changing player.

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    agree with you the outside of those buttons are great but the inside very hard to press

I think you got placebo effect. PS3 vs 360 - hands down, 360 services were better, but it was put to same level in its late life spam. In ps4 vs xbox one is just plain same. The issues you blame are issues from actual game developer, not Sony or MS.

Unless we are talking again about Titanfall servers in Ireland and Cloud bull**** here. Then I am out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

I thought that as well when I bought the console in release but both controllers have loosened up!!! Was a disaster for playin one two passes on FIFA and changing player.

yep cant play fifa(never could really) because of this problem,even switching through weapons on watch dogs feels awkward for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement