Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭ESB Spaniel

What games do you have for the xbox one and ps4 if you don't mind me asking?

FIFA 14 and cod on both, got rid of killzone and haven't bought any other ps4 game since.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

FIFA 14 and cod on both, got rid of killzone and haven't bought any other ps4 game since.

That is amazing game library and worth owning both systems for.

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    yep cant play fifa(never could really) because of this problem,even switching through weapons on watch dogs feels awkward for me.

Lad they free up after a few hours honestly. I'm a big FIFA player division 1 seasons and division 2 clubs at the moment relegated from division one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

What games do you have for the xbox one and ps4 if you don't mind me asking?

xbox

titanfall
    ghosts
    bf4
    forza
    ufc
    tomb raider
    outlast
    guacamelee
    fifa 14
    max brotherhood
    halo Spartan assault

ps4

killzone
    infamous
    lend of bf4 and ghosts
    free games this month

That is amazing game library and worth owning both systems for.

Smart arss....also have PC with a lot of games and have most of the xbox one games. Seen enough in them 2 games to purchase all multiplayer games on xbox one dho. ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Which run on xbox and psn networks!!!

no

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Smart arss....also have PC with a lot of games and have most of the xbox one games. Seen enough in them 2 games to purchase all multiplayer games on xbox one dho. ;-)

Sorry, could not Resist. :P That is the most horrible game library to ever have. To make it worse, its owned by a man, who has both next gen consoles lol.

Sorry, could not Resist. :P That is the most horrible game library to ever have. To make it worse, its owned by a man, who has both next gen consoles lol.

Haha but I have other hobbies also just been mad in computers since I was a young lad, build pcs and repair computers also for a living. Also have 2 kids that play both consoles also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Haha but I have other hobbies also just been mad in computers since I was a young lad, build pcs and repair computers also for a living. Also have 2 kids that play both consoles also.

you need to branch out and play different games
    Not saying you don't do that, but you'd be surprised of all the gems you missed over the years if their the only 2 games you play

I can understand with 2 kids though, you'd rather pick up and play games

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    you need to branch out and play different games
    Not saying you don't do that, but you'd be surprised of all the gems you missed over the years if their the only 2 games you play

I can understand with 2 kids though, you'd rather pick up and play games

I also have 3 hunting dogs and hunt with them and game haha. Well I have all but 2 or 3 xbox one games and had most releases on both ps3 xbox 360. Have like 40 games on PC. I think that is branching out haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I also have 3 hunting dogs and hunt with them and game haha. Well I have all but 2 or 3 xbox one games and had most releases on both ps3 xbox 360. Have like 40 games on PC. I think that is branching out haha

Only 40 games on the PC, have you not heard of Steam sales ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

xbox

titanfall
    ghosts
    bf4
    forza
    ufc
    tomb raider
    outlast
    guacamelee
    fifa 14
    max brotherhood
    halo Spartan assault

ps4

killzone
    infamous
    lend of bf4 and ghosts
    free games this month

If you get a chance, try get a loan of TR and compare both....

First game that showed me the gulf between the multiplatform titles....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Am aiming to buy a next gen console at end of month, leaning towards PS4 (most of my mates are PS4 gamers so thats the only real reason why) Was a Xbox 360 man on old gen. Have heard a lot of complaints about the PS4 controller, is it just difficult to get used to at the start and like most things you just get used to it, will prob be a little harder for someone going from xbox 360 to ps4. Just would like to see what eople think, wouldnt be a big enough issue to stop people going for PS4?

Xenji wrote: »
    Only 40 games on the PC, have you not heard of Steam sales ;)

40 games I play haha. Jesus I'm getting it from all angles ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Fieldog wrote: »
    If you get a chance, try get a loan of TR and compare both....

First game that showed me the gulf between the multiplatform titles....

Tomb Raider was released back in January. It's a good example of the technical lead PS4 had from launch. Developers could get a lot more from the PS4 dev kits compared to the Xbox One kits.

In the last few months we have seen a growth in the number of PS4 & Xbox One cross platform titles titles that are 1080p, 30 or 60 FPS on both consoles.

The gulf has now become a stream :D

Just recently Xbox released a new SDK that makes use of previously reserved GPU resources as well as overall enhancements to the SDK.

In fairness both consoles are going to top out at 1080p and 60fps for this generation. The Xbox One will be slightly behind for a short while and then we'll see multi platform titles that have very marginal differences between them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,370 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What you will see is most titles dropping back to 30FPS and possibly 720p. It happened on PS3 and 360 as well. the gains in detail you get from dropping to 30 FPS are huge so a lot of devs do so.

As for the gap in Xbox One and Ps4 titles well again give it a few more years it's early days, the PS3 was a total disaster for a number of years compared to the 360 when it came to multiplatform games.

There probably is a performance difference but again developers really aren't fully utilising the EDRAM. I've a feeling once the dev kits are better and the multiplatform engines are updated properly we'll see less of a gulf between titles. People are too quick to jump on the doom mongering bandwagon. The PS3 and 3DS proved that.

Am aiming to buy a next gen console at end of month, leaning towards PS4 (most of my mates are PS4 gamers so thats the only real reason why) Was a Xbox 360 man on old gen. Have heard a lot of complaints about the PS4 controller, is it just difficult to get used to at the start and like most things you just get used to it, will prob be a little harder for someone going from xbox 360 to ps4. Just would like to see what eople think, wouldnt be a big enough issue to stop people going for PS4?

If your friends are on PS4 I'd definitely recommend following suit especially for multiplayer games.

The Dual shook 4 is really easy to adjust to coming from the Xbox 360. It feels nice and comfortable and the analog sticks are positioned well. I have to say that the XB1 controller is far superior IMO. The position of the analog sticks is very good and the grips are great. I feel you can get more precision from the XB1 controller.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    What you will see is most titles dropping back to 30FPS and possibly 720p. It happened on PS3 and 360 as well. the gains in detail you get from dropping to 30 FPS are huge so a lot of devs do so.

As for the gap in Xbox One and Ps4 titles well again give it a few more years it's early days, the PS3 was a total disaster for a number of years compared to the 360 when it came to multiplatform games.

There probably is a performance difference but again developers really aren't fully utilising the EDRAM. I've a feeling once the dev kits are better and the multiplatform engines are updated properly we'll see less of a gulf between titles. People are too quick to jump on the doom mongering bandwagon. The PS3 and 3DS proved that.

I'd like to see the statistics of how many times you have had to say this over the life span of this thread.
    I think you should probably paste it into a txt file on the desktop, you're going to need it again before too long!

In fact, if they looped this thread, many probably wouldn't notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Tomb Raider was released back in January. It's a good example of the technical lead PS4 had from launch. Developers could get a lot more from the PS4 dev kits compared to the Xbox One kits.

In the last few months we have seen a growth in the number of PS4 & Xbox One cross platform titles titles that are 1080p, 30 or 60 FPS on both consoles.

The gulf has now become a stream :D

Just recently Xbox released a new SDK that makes use of previously reserved GPU resources as well as overall enhancements to the SDK.

In fairness both consoles are going to top out at 1080p and 60fps for this generation. The Xbox One will be slightly behind for a short while and then we'll see multi platform titles that have very marginal differences between them.

But there's more to it than resolution and frame rate, even on system exclusives. You had games running at below 720p to allow better lighting, shadows, texture/model detail/resolution, or at a higher fps.

The One games that are currently graphically worse off are due to concession to get the game running well, but going forward we'll see less of this. The One versions of game are sometimes worse off because the devs have too do that, but the PS4 versions won't get anything extra either after the Devs get more experience with the One.

Going forward all we'll see is perhaps a steadier framerate on the PS4 over the One on some games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

The vast majority of complaints about the PS4 controller are with the rubber toppings on the sticks (Easy £3 solutions on amazon). The gamepad is Solid, i think its much better than the 360 controller (Haven't tried the XB1 controller but its pretty much the same with a better DPad). It'll take a couple of days to get used to and then you'll be golden.

If all your friends are on PS4, there is literally no reason to go for an XB1 over it as it is an inferior system in almost every way.

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    The vast majority of complaints about the PS4 controller are with the rubber toppings on the sticks (Easy £3 solutions on amazon). The gamepad is Solid, i think its much better than the 360 controller (Haven't tried the XB1 controller but its pretty much the same with a better DPad). It'll take a couple of days to get used to and then you'll be golden.

If all your friends are on PS4, there is literally no reason to go for an XB1 over it as it is an inferior system in almost every way.

I agree if his friends are all ps4 then that is the road he should take. You have never held the Xbox one controller but you can tell the guy the system is inferior in almost every way? I call bull**** on that post

Haven't tried the XB1 controller but its pretty much the same with a better DPad It'll take a couple of days to get used to and then you'll be golden.

If you haven't tried the controller then you have never tried the Xbox One unlike most of us here who have experienced both consoles.
    ...there is literally no reason to go for an XB1 over it as it is an inferior system in almost every way.
    I wouldn't be reaching these silly conclusions without having experienced both the PS4 and Xbox One.

lol.gif

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

edit: No longer relevant

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just get a PS4. It'd be probably a bit easier to get someone to swap it with an Xbox One if you didn't like it, than the other way around.

But also because it seems to be the better option for most people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Oh, not this childish shit again. again.

again.

I fail to see how one PS4 owner calling out another PS4 owner on bull**** because he has never even held an XB1 controller is childish.

I'm confused :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Have said it before I'll say it again both systems have fantastic plus points and some negative IMO they are as good as each other on average.

You won't be upset whichever system you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Thanks all, appreciate all the input, didnt mean to cause a ruckus ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

miju wrote: »
    I fail to see how one PS4 owner calling out another PS4 owner on bull**** because he has never even held an XB1 controller is childish.

I'm confused :confused::confused::confused::confused:

understandable, the initial post (nonsense about inferiority) is childish but as failsafe has since edited his post, sequence of posts is far less squably now.

Will edit my own post, would appreciate if you could edit yours too in light of the updates.

Let's all hold hands and sing a song like bohemian rhapsody just because it is awesome and fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

You have never held the Xbox one controller but you can tell the guy the system is inferior in almost every way? I call bull**** on that post

Good point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement