Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Xenji wrote: »
    Only 40 games on the PC, have you not heard of Steam sales ;)

I have 65 games on steam and i don't even own a god damn computer that will play them. Getting one next week, i wish steam would fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I agree if his friends are all ps4 then that is the road he should take. You have never held the Xbox one controller but you can tell the guy the system is inferior in almost every way? I call bull**** on that post
    If you haven't tried the controller then you have never tried the Xbox One unlike most of us here who have experienced both consoles.

I wouldn't be reaching these silly conclusions without having experienced both the PS4 and Xbox

Yeah... I don't own a Nokia N-Cage either but I'm pretty confident in suggesting a DS is a superior handheld for gaming in every way.

Maybe I should have clarified that I was talking about the consoles in their primary function.. gaming, maybe the xb1 is better for Americans to watch tv. I thought it was common knowledge that the PS4 is technically superior ? It's not even an opinion, it's fact no ? Faster GPU, faster CPU, more RAM etc

Also I find it funny how quickly you two jump on an exaggeration against the XB1 considering the hyperbole yous have posted over the last few pages. XB1 is far superior for online play, xb1 controller is far superior etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Magill wrote: »
    Also I find it funny how quickly you two jump on an exaggeration against the XB1 considering the hyperbole yous have posted over the last few pages. XB1 is far superior for online play, xb1 controller is far superior etc.

I wouldn't call those two points hyperbole seeing as how the XB1 is the official eSports console over the PS4 there was obviously a solid reason for that choice even after you take into account the PS4s mildly superior specs ;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Yeah... I don't own a Nokia N-Cage either but I'm pretty confident in suggesting a DS is a superior handheld for gaming in every way.

Maybe I should have clarified that I was talking about the consoles in their primary function.. gaming, maybe the xb1 is better for Americans to watch tv. I thought it was common knowledge that the PS4 is technically superior ? It's not even an opinion, it's fact no ? Faster GPU, faster CPU, more RAM etc

its an N-GAGE so yes wrong on that one too. but the ds has been around for a decade or more and next gen are out 8 months so i see how you are making assumptions.
    you are wrong... you cant judge something if you have not used it end of discussion.

miju wrote: »
    I wouldn't call those two points hyperbole seeing as how the XB1 is the official eSports console over the PS4 there was obviously a solid reason for that choice even after you take into account the PS4s mildly superior specs ;););)

Console competitive gaming teheheh ;)

• Advertisement

you are wrong... you cant judge something if you have not used it end of discussion.

So all those articles detailing the hardware specs and performance reports are lies ? I'm confused...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

PlayStation.

i dont get how both sides cheapshot each other without having owned or played both for a reasonable amount of time its sad really

So all those articles detailing the hardware specs and performance reports are lies ? I'm confused...
    the hardware specs and performance do not lie on paper sure thats why i game to look at figures on paper jesus christ who would ever thought when they were playing their snes and megadrives they would end up on an internet forum arguing about two consoles of which they have played one. sad really... you do realise you are arguing over which console is better on paper right? read that again and let it sink in

so the nokia N-CAGE have any of you played that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Ok well iv played all the consoles between Playstation and Xbox since they released years ago.

Iv 99% of the time used the 360 over the ps3.

Then when the xbox one came out i got it, played it for a couple of months, got bored.

Bought a Ps4 and haven't turned the One on since.

For a start, the xbox one controller is too big and feels wrong and thats really bad considering the 360 controller is the best controller ever.

I like the feel of the Ps4 controller now aswell having never liked the Ps3 controller.

Sure both consoles have there positives and negitives but the Ps4 is currently the best next gen console.

I know of about 6 people who got an xbox one and ditched it for the Ps4, cant say i know people who have done the opposite.

• Advertisement

i dont get how both sides cheapshot each other without having owned or played both for a reasonable amount of time its sad really

I don't get whats cheap about saying a piece of hardware, that has actual tangible figures on it's output potential, is superior to another piece of hardware.

It's not like saying controller A is better than B as if it's fact, or network A is better than network B while being completely ignorant to the network backbones.

Console competitive gaming teheheh ;)

Hilarious isn't it , outside of LOL , Starcraft and Dota 2 how much prize money is going to consolves v PC ??

the hardware specs and performance do not lie on paper sure thats why i game to look at figures on paper jesus christ who would ever thought when they were playing their snes and megadrives they would end up on an internet forum arguing about two consoles of which they have played one. sad really... you do realise you are arguing over which console is better on paper right? read that again and let it sink in

so the nokia N-CAGE have any of you played that?

Then why are you getting in such a huff lol, the fact is that neither game has any great games.. shall we debate over which game has the best crap games. Who knows which will have the best exclusive.. what we do know is that the PS4 will likely have a generation long advantage in performance.

Would you rather play game A at 60fps or game B at 50fps ?

I don't get whats cheap about saying a piece of hardware, that has actual tangible figures on it's output potential, is superior to another piece of hardware.

It's not like saying controller A is better than B as if it's fact, or network A is better than network B while being completely ignorant to the network backbones.
    magill ill be honest i have better things to do than to discuss with you as you are not willing to discuss you have an agenda lets leave it there.

i have both consoles my opinion weighs in a hell of a lot more than yours tbf.

i have openly said i like both systems i criticised the ps4 for the analogue sticks as lets be fair they are terrible quality but i also said psn is currently better value than xbox live with all the free games given away.

can you not accept that the xbox one is on par with ps4 or that ps4 has some not alot but some issues? defending an item because thats the direction you went is childish

Hilarious isn't it , outside of LOL , Starcraft and Dota 2 how much prize money is going to consolves v PC ??

At least a ratio of 5:1 in favour of PC. With Dota and Lol... Probably 20:1

Then why are you getting in such a huff lol, the fact is that neither game has any great games.. shall we debate over which game has the best crap games. Who knows which will have the best exclusive.. what we do know is that the PS4 will likely have a generation long advantage in performance.

Would you rather play game A at 60fps or game B at 50fps ?
    but both systems have good exclusives.. killzone, infamous for ps4 and xbox one has forza 5, dead rising 3, titanfall..

both systems have good games.

did you know the ps3 is more powerful than 360? how did that clear advantage work out for sony? i dont have to worry i am lording it at the top of the gaming chain i can game in 50 or 60 and i can choose what i want to do.... you owning just the ps4 you are limited and will miss titanfall, dead rising and forza that i would hate tbh you are missing out not me ;) the choices i make daily what console do i want to play etc its a hard life

At least a ratio of 5:1 in favour of PC. With Dota and Lol... Probably 20:1

And your facts are from where? and the total console prize money for 2013 was how much???

magill ill be honest i have better things to do than to discuss with you as you are not willing to discuss you have an agenda lets leave it there.

i have both consoles my opinion weighs in a hell of a lot more than yours tbf.

i have openly said i like both systems i criticised the ps4 for the analogue sticks as lets be fair they are terrible quality but i also said psn is currently better value than xbox live with all the free games given away.

can you not accept that the xbox one is on par with ps4 or that ps4 has some not alot but some issues? defending an item because thats the direction you went is childish

Oh.. both systems are far from perfect, I've never said the ps4 is without issues. It's noisier than it should be.. while it's more powerful than the xb1 it's not exactly a beast in terms of performance.

I haven't even played my PlayStation that much in the 3/4 weeks since I've bought it. I was just informing someone that technically the PS4 is superior to the XB1 and you got all upset. I'm not saying the PlayStation has better games, as neither has anything worth shouting about. Both have some interesting games on the way,so this time next year we can discuss which has the best games.

Haven't had any issues with the analogue sticks(I bought mine new), but have ordered some of those covers so should avoid it.

I WILL eventually get an Xbox... don't know why anyone would buy both this early...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Thats a very weak point.
    I wasn't aware that great gaming is decided by hardware specs. I must let the developers of Minecraft know :D

I give respect to people who try both consoles and say they like one console over the other because of x and y but to come in with the statement below and you haven't even played the XB1 is laughable.
    [XB1].... it is an inferior system in almost every way.

If I posted the above having absolutely no experience what so ever of the PS4 would you have no problem with that and think that others should accept it as a valid point of view?

Saying that one console has better multiplayer is a long stretch from your OTT statement. Especially when it comes from people who have actually played multiplayer on both consoles.

Oh.. both systems are far from perfect, I've never said the ps4 is without issues. It's noisier than it should be.. while it's more powerful than the xb1 it's not exactly a beast in terms of performance.

I haven't even played my PlayStation that much in the 3/4 weeks since I've bought it. I was just informing someone that technically the PS4 is superior to the XB1 and you got all upset. I'm not saying the PlayStation has better games, as neither has anything worth shouting about. Both have some interesting games on the way,so this time next year we can discuss which has the best games.

Haven't had any issues with the analogue sticks(I bought mine new), but have ordered some of those covers so should avoid it.

I WILL eventually get an Xbox... don't know why anyone would buy both this early...
    i reacted as you said you had no experience of xbox one and said ps4 was better option which is wrong tbh...

the best console on the market is wii u either way and thats an honest opinion.

• Advertisement

Right you can just leave the thread now :P:P:P:P:P:P:P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Right you can just leave the thread now :P:P:P:P:P:P:P

I'd have to agree with him. It's got some actual exclusives worth playing besides games that run better in my ancient PC.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with him. It's got some actual exclusives worth playing besides games that run better in my ancient PC.

Ah he knows I'm just kidding with him Nintendo games for me have gotten stale and repetitive a long time ago.

but both systems have good exclusives.. killzone, infamous for ps4 and xbox one has forza 5, dead rising 3, titanfall..

both systems have good games.

did you know the ps3 is more powerful than 360? how did that clear advantage work out for sony? i dont have to worry i am lording it at the top of the gaming chain i can game in 50 or 60 and i can choose what i want to do.... you owning just the ps4 you are limited and will miss titanfall, dead rising and forza that i would hate tbh you are missing out not me ;) the choices i make daily what console do i want to play etc its a hard life

Yeah... no. I primarily game on PC. I have titanfall and wasn't impressed. I guess I'm just harder to please, infamous is ok.. I never liked dead rising games and will be able to pick it up on PC for a 5ers in a steam sale this time next year. TLOU and Destiny are the first 2 games I'm looking forward them.

The PS3 had weird hardware. The new consoles use very standardised hardware.

i reacted as you said you had no experience of xbox one and said ps4 was better option which is wrong tbh...

Sorry Dark-Knight,

There is literally no reason to go for a Wii U over the Xbox One as it is an inferior system in almost every way.

I haven't played a Wii-U yet but take my word on it. Its written on a spec sheet some where here on my desk, it means the games obviously wont be as good. :pac:

And your facts are from where? and the total console prize money for 2013 was how much???

Well I'm not a robot... but currently the top esports games in the world are...

Lol
    Dota
    CSGO
    SC2
    Maybe COD
    Then a bunch of other PC games like World of tanks, hearthstone, smite and maybe world of warcraft(honestly don't even know if they have lan tournaments in wow these days) all of which have substantial prize money tournaments.

If you are actually into your competitive gaming you should really consider getting yourself a PC man.. I know a few cod guys that played a lot of comp that took the plunge and never looked back. Most of these games are built with competitive gaming in mind, they are balanced from the top down.. whereas cod is balanced from the bottom up (cater for the noobs).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Sorry Dark-Knight,

There is literally no reason to go for a Wii U over the Xbox One as it is an inferior system in almost every way.

I haven't played a Wii-U yet but take my word on it. Its written on a spec sheet some where here on my desk, it means the games obviously wont be as good. :pac:

That's ironic considering the X1 is technically inferior to the PS4 in every way.

Your post is nonsense, though. There are great games out for the Wii U and there will be more over the years from Nintendo.

I honestly don't see the point in owning both an X1 and PS4 as they are so similar in what they deliver, but I would pick up a Wii U to compliment my PS4 at some point down the line.

MK8 is already a great reason to own one!

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    That's ironic considering the X1 is technically inferior to the PS4 in every way.

Your post is nonsense, though. There are great games out for the Wii U and there will be more over the years from Nintendo.

I honestly don't see the point in owning both an X1 and PS4 as they are so similar in what they deliver, but I would pick up a Wii U to compliment my PS4 at some point down the line.

MK8 is already a great reason to own one!

lol, you have arrived late to the party and didn't get the joke :D

Sorry Dark-Knight,

Well, it doesn't have a touchpad controller. And the wii u has actual games worth taking into consideration. But yes, in terms of raw output potential, like the ps4 over the xb1, it is superior. Who knows if that will equate to better games though.

The difference is, the vast majority of games you will buy on your xb1 will have a better version on PS4. Where's the vast majority of games you would buy on Wii u aren't available on either of the other consoles.

• Advertisement

Well I'm not a robot... but currently the top esports games in the world are...

Lol
    Dota
    CSGO
    SC2
    Maybe COD
    Then a bunch of other PC games like World of tanks, hearthstone, smite and maybe world of warcraft(honestly don't even know if they have lan tournaments in wow these days) all of which have substantial prize money tournaments.

If you are actually into your competitive gaming you should really consider getting yourself a PC man.. I know a few cod guys that played a lot of comp that took the plunge and never looked back. Most of these games are built with competitive gaming in mind, they are balanced from the top down.. whereas cod is balanced from the bottom up (cater for the noobs).

Know your being helpful dude but I'm good on the eSports scene and ALL of the games played particularly IeSF ones ;)

Reason I asked is because I have the figures sitting in an annual report email so I know the figures I was just bating you out LOL point I was making though that XB1 prize money isn't a laughable amount (though it is by comparison to crowd funded comps like Dota at it's 10.6 mill pool).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement